Thinking of selling my bike...

Jonathan Bond

Guest
... to fund whatever sweet bike I get this summer. I'm not going to sell it until I already have
a new bike, but it'd be cool to know about how much I could get for it, for planning purposes
and whatnot.

Here's the rundown:

Frame: Fisher '98 (?) Kaitai hardtail

Fork: Marzocchi Z2 Atom Bomb '98

Headset: Chris King right now, but I'll probably replace it with a cane creek or something and put
the CK on my new bike

Stem, Seatpost: Thomson. Depending on sizes, these might migrate too.

Bars: Easton Monkeylite XC Carbon, also moving, so figure a lightweight aluminum flatbar.

Drivetrain: All XT with the exception of LX crankset and SRAM chain, figure '00-01 model year

Wheels: XT Hubs, Mavic 517 front, Mavic 618 (slightly beefier XC rim, a little more expensive than
the 517s). Very new, less than 250 miles on 'em I'd say

Brakes: Avid Arch Rival 50 with new pad holders; SD9.0L levers (I think), Moonlight Custom Titanium
brake boosters

The bike is in pretty good condition. Fork has a few scratches, frame has a few paint chips and
scrapes (as you'd expect from a bike thats been used) and some cosmetic pieces of decal gone, and a
bit of scratching around the bottom bracket from chainsuck, but is otherwise pretty much flawless.

I figure I might be able to get $500-ish for it, and I'm trying to decide whether it'd be better to
keep it as a backup bike (which would be sweet), or sell it and get my new one a LOT sooner (500 bux
is a pretty big chunk of change to me!)

Thanks, as always.

Jon Bond

>... to fund whatever sweet bike I get this summer. I'm not going to sell it until I already have
>a new bike, but it'd be cool to know about how much I could get for it, for planning purposes
>and whatnot.
>
>Here's the rundown:
>
>Frame: Fisher '98 (?) Kaitai hardtail
>
>Fork: Marzocchi Z2 Atom Bomb '98
>
>Headset: Chris King right now, but I'll probably replace it with a cane creek or something and put
>the CK on my new bike
>
>Stem, Seatpost: Thomson. Depending on sizes, these might migrate too.
>
>Bars: Easton Monkeylite XC Carbon, also moving, so figure a lightweight aluminum flatbar.
>
>Drivetrain: All XT with the exception of LX crankset and SRAM chain, figure '00-01 model year
>
>Wheels: XT Hubs, Mavic 517 front, Mavic 618 (slightly beefier XC rim, a little more expensive than
>the 517s). Very new, less than 250 miles on 'em I'd say
>
>Brakes: Avid Arch Rival 50 with new pad holders; SD9.0L levers (I think), Moonlight Custom Titanium
>brake boosters
>
>The bike is in pretty good condition. Fork has a few scratches, frame has a few paint chips and
>scrapes (as you'd expect from a bike thats been used) and some cosmetic pieces of decal gone, and a
>bit of scratching around the bottom bracket from chainsuck, but is otherwise pretty much flawless.
>
>I figure I might be able to get $500-ish for it, and I'm trying to decide whether it'd be better to
>keep it as a backup bike (which would be sweet), or sell it and get my new one a LOT sooner (500
>bux is a pretty big chunk of change to me!)
>
>Thanks, as always.
>
>Jon Bond

Keep it, but dress it up a little differently. Since I suppose you're saving pannies for a race
bike, set this one way woodsy - Motoraptors, bashring, risers, etc... Or maybe as a single speed.
Whatever you choose to do with it, you won't regret having it around.

Cheers,

-Andrew "now down to five bikes, but still thinking that either a 29'er or a single speed
would be a nice addition - maybe both. But I'd still like to add an XR250 to the garage - oh
hell" Thorne

Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> ... to fund whatever sweet bike I get this summer. I'm not going to sell it until I already have a
> new bike, but it'd be cool to know about how much I could get for it, for planning purposes and
> whatnot.
>
> Here's the rundown:
>
> Frame: Fisher '98 (?) Kaitai hardtail
>
> Fork: Marzocchi Z2 Atom Bomb '98
>
> Headset: Chris King right now, but I'll probably replace it with a cane creek or something and put
> the CK on my new bike
>
> Stem, Seatpost: Thomson. Depending on sizes, these might migrate too.
>
> Bars: Easton Monkeylite XC Carbon, also moving, so figure a lightweight aluminum flatbar.
>
> Drivetrain: All XT with the exception of LX crankset and SRAM chain, figure '00-01 model year
>
> Wheels: XT Hubs, Mavic 517 front, Mavic 618 (slightly beefier XC rim, a little more expensive than
> the 517s). Very new, less than 250 miles on 'em I'd say
>
> Brakes: Avid Arch Rival 50 with new pad holders; SD9.0L levers (I think), Moonlight Custom
> Titanium brake boosters
>
> The bike is in pretty good condition. Fork has a few scratches, frame has a few paint chips and
> scrapes (as you'd expect from a bike thats been used) and some cosmetic pieces of decal gone, and
> a bit of scratching around the bottom bracket from chainsuck, but is otherwise pretty much
> flawless.
>
> I figure I might be able to get $500-ish for it, and I'm trying to decide whether it'd be better
> to keep it as a backup bike (which would be sweet), or sell it and get my new one a LOT sooner
> (500 bux is a pretty big chunk of change to me!)
>
> Thanks, as always.
>
> Jon Bond

Hey Jon isn't that the fork from JD, are you turning your back on the bomberhood? Did you get his
permission to turn his gift to you? I mean how could you forsake him so......

"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> ... to fund whatever sweet bike I get this summer. I'm not going to sell it until I already have a
> new bike, but it'd be cool to know about how much I could get for it, for planning purposes and
> whatnot.
>
> Here's the rundown:
>
> Frame: Fisher '98 (?) Kaitai hardtail
>
> Fork: Marzocchi Z2 Atom Bomb '98
>
> Headset: Chris King right now, but I'll probably replace it with a cane creek or something and put
> the CK on my new bike
>
> Stem, Seatpost: Thomson. Depending on sizes, these might migrate too.
>
> Bars: Easton Monkeylite XC Carbon, also moving, so figure a lightweight aluminum flatbar.
>
> Drivetrain: All XT with the exception of LX crankset and SRAM chain, figure '00-01 model year
>
> Wheels: XT Hubs, Mavic 517 front, Mavic 618 (slightly beefier XC rim, a little more expensive than
> the 517s). Very new, less than 250 miles on 'em I'd say
>
> Brakes: Avid Arch Rival 50 with new pad holders; SD9.0L levers (I think), Moonlight Custom
> Titanium brake boosters
>
> The bike is in pretty good condition. Fork has a few scratches, frame has a few paint chips and
> scrapes (as you'd expect from a bike thats been used) and some cosmetic pieces of decal gone, and
> a bit of scratching around the bottom bracket from chainsuck, but is otherwise pretty much
> flawless.
>
> I figure I might be able to get $500-ish for it, and I'm trying to decide whether it'd be better
> to keep it as a backup bike (which would be sweet), or sell it and get my new one a LOT sooner
> (500 bux is a pretty big chunk of change to me!)
>
> Thanks, as always.
>
> Jon Bond

If you keep it, only keep it as long as you can still get 500 bucks out of
it.

darsh

Dave wrote:
> Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>... to fund whatever sweet bike I get this summer. I'm not going to sell it until I already have a
>>new bike, but it'd be cool to know about how much I could get for it, for planning purposes and
>>whatnot.
>>
>>Here's the rundown:
>>
>>Frame: Fisher '98 (?) Kaitai hardtail
>>
>>Fork: Marzocchi Z2 Atom Bomb '98
>>
>>Headset: Chris King right now, but I'll probably replace it with a cane creek or something and put
>>the CK on my new bike
>>
>>Stem, Seatpost: Thomson. Depending on sizes, these might migrate too.
>>
>>Bars: Easton Monkeylite XC Carbon, also moving, so figure a lightweight aluminum flatbar.
>>
>>Drivetrain: All XT with the exception of LX crankset and SRAM chain, figure '00-01 model year
>>
>>Wheels: XT Hubs, Mavic 517 front, Mavic 618 (slightly beefier XC rim, a little more expensive than
>>the 517s). Very new, less than 250 miles on 'em I'd say
>>
>>Brakes: Avid Arch Rival 50 with new pad holders; SD9.0L levers (I think), Moonlight Custom
>>Titanium brake boosters
>>
>>The bike is in pretty good condition. Fork has a few scratches, frame has a few paint chips and
>>scrapes (as you'd expect from a bike thats been used) and some cosmetic pieces of decal gone, and
>>a bit of scratching around the bottom bracket from chainsuck, but is otherwise pretty much
>>flawless.
>>
>>I figure I might be able to get $500-ish for it, and I'm trying to decide whether it'd be better
>>to keep it as a backup bike (which would be sweet), or sell it and get my new one a LOT sooner
>>(500 bux is a pretty big chunk of change to me!)
>>
>>Thanks, as always.
>>
>>Jon Bond
>

> Hey Jon isn't that the fork from JD, are you turning your back on the bomberhood? Did you get his
> permission to turn his gift to you? I mean how could you forsake him so......

Fork is Carla's old Z2 with JD's old Z1 steerer tube.

And I'm now sponsored by Marzocchi, so the new bike will have a brand spanking new
Marathon SL on it.

Jon Bond

"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> ... to fund whatever sweet bike I get this summer. I'm not going to sell it until I already have a
> new bike, but it'd be cool to know about how much I could get for it, for planning purposes and
> whatnot.

Things that say "Fisher" and "Marzocchi" on them go for way too much money on Ebay, which you
probably know from your Titus experience...spray the dirt off, post an auction, and make $750 if you
leave the headset, fork, brakes, and drivetrain on it.

Or, ship it to me for $19.95. You know, since you're sponsored and everything, how much money do
you need? :)

Chris

Chris wrote:
> "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>... to fund whatever sweet bike I get this summer. I'm not going to sell it until I already have a
>>new bike, but it'd be cool to know about how much I could get for it, for planning purposes and
>>whatnot.
>

> Things that say "Fisher" and "Marzocchi" on them go for way too much money on Ebay, which you
> probably know from your Titus experience...spray the dirt off, post an auction, and make $750 if
> you leave the headset, fork, brakes, and drivetrain on it.
>
> Or, ship it to me for $19.95. You know, since you're sponsored and everything, how much money do
> you need? :)
>
> Chris

Poor starving college student, and I only have enough ramen and annie's mac and cheese (only the
best!) to last another couple weeks ;)

Plus, we're not fully sponsored, and its not just me, its the team. I'm nowhere near fast enough to
get my own sponsors!

Jon Bond