THIRTEEN (13) days delivery from PERFORMANCE BIKES

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Michael Pearlma, May 14, 2003.

  1. Now it's been 13 days since the order was placed. Still no delivery. Customer services says to wait
    some more. I suggest no one buy from Performance till they can organize themselves.

    Tags:

  2. Kbh

    Kbh Guest

    Aren't you in another country? Can't customs hold things up indefintely?

    ..but please let me know when you get the stuff, I'm losing sleep.

    "Michael Pearlman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Now it's been 13 days since the order was placed. Still no delivery. Customer services says to
    > wait some more. I suggest no one buy from Performance till they can organize themselves.

  3. Eddiefel

    Eddiefel Guest

    Michael Pearlman wrote:

    > Now it's been 13 days since the order was placed. Still no delivery. Customer services says to
    > wait some more. I suggest no one buy from Performance till they can organize themselves.

    Don't know if you chose ground shipping, but if you did Performance and Nashbar both will use Parcel
    Post shipping if it suits them. I had one shipment take nearly three weeks to arrive this way
    because there is no effective time promise for Parcel Post, though they say 10 business days,
    weekends do not count.

    For Nashbar I only use 2nd day shipping, which as often as not is enough to negate any savings and
    I just go to the LBS. I have also given up submitting web orders to either Nashbar or Performance;
    their sites do not show real time inventory. I call, it's free.

  4. Mark

    Mark Guest

    I am anxiously awaiting day 14 as is, I would guess, Mr. Pearlman. Best of luck getting your stuff.

    Michael Pearlman wrote:
    > Now it's been 13 days since the order was placed. Still no delivery. Customer services says to
    > wait some more. I suggest no one buy from Performance till they can organize themselves.

  5. Fastrack

    Fastrack Guest

    On Wed, 14 May 2003 14:14:02 GMT, "KBH" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Aren't you in another country? Can't customs hold things up indefintely?
    >
    >..but please let me know when you get the stuff, I'm losing sleep.
    >

    >"Michael Pearlman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Now it's been 13 days since the order was placed. Still no delivery. Customer services says to
    >> wait some more. I suggest no one buy from Performance till they can organize themselves.

    A local bike shop (a good one) can get you bike-parts at competitive prices and you can actually
    complain to the owner.

    www.fastrackbicycles.com

    Dave Lettieri

  6. Nobody Cares

    Nobody Cares Guest

    [email protected] (Michael Pearlman) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Now it's been 13 days since the order was placed. Still no delivery. Customer services says to
    > wait some more. I suggest no one buy from Performance till they can organize themselves.

    I can hardy wait for the day 14 whine to be splashed across several newsgroups! Grow up! What did
    you request for shipping ; what did you pay for? If you didn't ask for/pay for any special
    handling, then deal with it. In any respect, save us from further spew across multilple NG's! It
    borders on spamming!

  7. Jim Edgar

    Jim Edgar Guest

    KBH at [email protected] wrote on 5/14/03 7:14 AM:

    > Aren't you in another country? Can't customs hold things up indefintely?

    No. The domain (schoolname)k12.ca.us is a common one for public schools in California - note,
    it's "ca.us"

    Unless customs has been set up for La Mesa, California, importation delay is not a likely scenario.

    > ..but please let me know when you get the stuff, I'm losing sleep.

    Imagine the poor kids in his class who have had to listen to this everday for the past couple weeks.
    At least we can hit the delete button for this overly-cross-posted garbage.

    > "Michael Pearlman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    <continuing blather snipped

  8. Nashbar does charge CA sales tax (if they are part of Performance that would explain why - physical
    presence in state). Today (13th) I rec'd handlebars I ordered from them last Saturday afternoon.
    Very fast del'y, and by USPS at that!

    Looked first in several local shops but none had what I wanted and didn't seem interested. Maybe
    small orders for parts are just not worth the bother. I have noticed several helpful responses here
    from someone in a bike shop. As soon as I see one again I want to make a note of it to see if his
    shop is within reasonable reach for me.

    Steve Juniper ([email protected])

    "If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we would be too simple to
    understand it."
    - Peter Kramer -

    "Ken" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... "Mark A.
    Clark" <[email protected]> wrote in news:3EC2E7D4.9090208 @sbcglobal.net:
    > Don't know for sure about Nashbar but Performace charges sales tax (at least in CA.)

    Nashbar is the same company as Performance. If one charges sales tax, the other will too.

  9. Nobody Cares <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (Michael Pearlman) wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > Now it's been 13 days since the order was placed. Still no delivery. Customer services says to
    > > wait some more. I suggest no one buy from Performance till they can organize themselves.
    >
    > I can hardy wait for the day 14 whine to be splashed across several newsgroups! Grow up! What did
    > you request for shipping ; what did you pay for? If you didn't ask for/pay for any special
    > handling, then deal with it. In any respect, save us from further spew across multilple NG's! It
    > borders on spamming!

    This is a public sevice message Mr. Cop. What we're saying is don't buy from Performance. You are
    not required to open this message and read. mp

  10. Jim Edgar

    Jim Edgar Guest

    Michael Pearlman at [email protected] wrote on 5/15/03 7:31 AM:
    > This is a public sevice message Mr. Cop. What we're saying is don't buy from Performance.

    No, it's one part Andy Rooney and one part Andy Kaufman. I guess that's how you get to the
    Royal "We"...

  11. On 15 May 2003, Michael Pearlman wrote:

    > > I can hardy wait for the day 14 whine to be splashed across several newsgroups! Grow up! What
    > > did you request for shipping ; what did you pay for? If you didn't ask for/pay for any special
    > > handling, then deal with it. In any respect, save us from further spew across multilple NG's! It
    > > borders on spamming!
    >
    > This is a public sevice message Mr. Cop. What we're saying is don't buy from Performance. You are
    > not required to open this message and read. mp

    It might have been a public service message the first day you posted. At this point, it's simply a
    ploy to get Performance to do what you want. Since this is a public forum, and not a broadcasting
    medium, several posters have pointed out that your complaints agains Performance are based on
    questionable assumptions, which you haven't provided a shred of evidence for.

    At this point, your posts on the subject are little more than spam. You don't have to open that
    either, but you don't like seeing it in your inbox, do you?

    Trent

  12. John Everett

    John Everett Guest

    On 15 May 2003 07:31:54 -0700, [email protected] (Michael Pearlman) wrote:

    >Nobody Cares <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> [email protected] (Michael Pearlman) wrote in
    >> news:[email protected]:
    >>
    >> > Now it's been 13 days since the order was placed. Still no delivery. Customer services says to
    >> > wait some more. I suggest no one buy from Performance till they can organize themselves.
    >>
    >> I can hardy wait for the day 14 whine to be splashed across several newsgroups! Grow up! What did
    >> you request for shipping ; what did you pay for? If you didn't ask for/pay for any special
    >> handling, then deal with it. In any respect, save us from further spew across multilple NG's! It
    >> borders on spamming!
    >
    >This is a public sevice message Mr. Cop. What we're saying is don't buy from Performance. You are
    >not required to open this message and read. mp

    Michael, you may think you're performing a public service but it is starting to sound a lot like
    whining. Most of us who have been here for a while (some can even recall when it was still just
    rec.bicycles) have heard the same tired rants about Performance, Nashbar, Colorado Cyclist, Excel,
    etc., etc., etc. Pick your poison. Any business that's been around for any length of time has
    dropped the ball a few times. Many of us have done business with Performance and been happy with the
    result. Some haven't. Believe it or not you're not the first to complain here about them, just
    possibly the most tedious.

  13. Jim Lane

    Jim Lane Guest

    Michael Pearlman wrote:

    > Nobody Cares <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>[email protected] (Michael Pearlman) wrote in
    >>news:[email protected]:
    >>

    >>>Now it's been 13 days since the order was placed. Still no delivery. Customer services says to
    >>>wait some more. I suggest no one buy from Performance till they can organize themselves.
    >>
    >>I can hardy wait for the day 14 whine to be splashed across several newsgroups! Grow up! What did
    >>you request for shipping ; what did you pay for? If you didn't ask for/pay for any special
    >>handling, then deal with it. In any respect, save us from further spew across multilple NG's! It
    >>borders on spamming!
    >

    > This is a public sevice message Mr. Cop. What we're saying is don't buy from Performance. You are
    > not required to open this message and read. mp

    No, it is not a public service. It is you masturbating at the key board because you have a
    aordon for Performance Bikes. Get over it. Or should we call your mommy and have her kiss your
    problem well.

    jim

  14. Jim Lane

    Jim Lane Guest

    Jim Edgar wrote:
    > Michael Pearlman at [email protected] wrote on 5/15/03 7:31 AM:
    >
    >>This is a public sevice message Mr. Cop. What we're saying is don't buy from Performance.
    >

    > No, it's one part Andy Rooney and one part Andy Kaufman. I guess that's how you get to the
    > Royal "We"...

    Nah, he's got a mouse in his pocket.

    jim

  15. Jim Beam

    Jim Beam Guest

    stop whining. you think they're reading you? stop being such a baby.

    and pay for next day delivery.

    jb

    Michael Pearlman wrote:
    > Now it's been 13 days since the order was placed. Still no delivery. Customer services says to
    > wait some more. I suggest no one buy from Performance till they can organize themselves.

  16. Kalukis

    Kalukis Guest

    For what it is worth:

    Actually I order a lot from Performance. Occasional glitches, but generally good delivery. I'm on
    the Team Performance, so I get automatic/free upgrade on shipping to 2nd day, plus 10% off (actually
    10% to spend with them, but what the heck).

    I also order occasionally from Nashbar. They seem to be a little better on shipping on time
    percentage.

    Both are well within the bounds of what I expect from internet, low margin suppliers.

    Bottom line is, you can't depend on mail order if you absolutely, positively have to have it
    overnight (all due respect to a certain express shipper).

    -Kalukis