This bike worth $2500?

If it's in perfect condition as the seller states, then yes, it's worth $2500.

The seller also states the price is "slightly negotiable", so offer him/her a little less to cover the cost of the new tires. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

Check it very carefully for cracks and imperfections. $2500 sounds awfully low for a 3 year old bike that had an MSRP around $7600.

The bike is "worth" whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
Check eBay's completed listings for similar models.

Pet peeve: someone listing a bike as "Full" whatever group, but then saying this or that part isn't as listed/advertised. If it's not "Full Dura Ace" then don't list it as being "Full Dura Ace". Ok, I'm done - I think./img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Yeah, all of my bikes are full Dura Ace except for the cranks, FD, RD, BB, handlebars, brifters, wheels, brakes, chain, seatpost, headset, stem, cables and cable housings, cassette, chainrings, pedals, and bottle cages. The only real Dura Ace that I own is a partial group set from the 1970's that are not built up yet. I'm looking for a sutable Japanese frame. Anybody have an old Nishiki or Panasonic, 56 - 58 cm that they don't need? Funny thing was that back then, there was no Dura Ace rear derailleur. For some reason, all of the other parts were Dura Ace but the top of the line RD was named Crane.

Originally Posted by kdelong .

Check it very carefully for cracks and imperfections. $2500 sounds awfully low for a 3 year old bike that had an MSRP around $7600.
Only this is not a 2008 Madone, it's 2006 or older. Be sure of what you're buying before the wallet comes out.