This could hurt!

G

I found this on a news group today, i just have ta post it here ;D

The first one is an absolute physco
www.bicyclecam.com/for_rbr/BUSvsPed.mpeg - 447KB

The second is from an old TV ad we use to get here in Australia, i'm sure a few you you remember it ;)
www.bicyclecam.com/for_rbr/CARvsPed.mpeg - 421KB

btw www.bikecam.com is a cool site :)

Dunno......fits in with their SPEED KILLS propaganda!

*I can feel a rant coming on!*

Our gov is psycho, they think a driver in a new SS commodore (like mine) or a BMW, who drives at 115kph down a freeway is a danger to society. While at the same time they'll let some drugo in a 25 year old POS rust bucket drive on the very same roads at 110kph AND HE IS SAFE argh!!!

Do you guys have speed cameras on perfectly safe roads over there?

*btw i've never been caught speeding nor have I ever been in an accident* ;)

later!

South Africa is notorious for its drivers, especially taxi drivers!
Our general speed limit on the highway is 120 km/h, and 60 in residential areas. We argue the same argument over here. They'll stop you for "speeding" along at 125 km/h in a brand new car, while the dude in his taxi that’s falling apart on slick tyres, drives by like a lunatic at 120 km/h! Their argument: he's within the speed limit, although he's taxi is un-roadworthy!
[sarcasm] Our traffic officers are highly trained aswell [/sarcasm];D They set up cameras and radar traps as if it's an ambush in the Vietnam War!

At least your sports teams bring back results!

btw, the dude and the bus. You gotta be kidding me?

Cops here are worse. They spend most of their time lurking in corners waiting for a banned cars, and other traffic violators (cars with plates ending in certain numbers are banned during certain days in order to decrease traffic). They'd do this, sometimes in plain view of heavy intersection traffic that could use some help.

Now thats a novel idea! How do they determine when you can and can't use the road?
I would like that!: "Sir, you can only use the road on....Wednesdays....between 12pm and 3pm."
Can imagine the look on my bosses face when I tell him that I'll see him only every Wednesday, between noon and 3pm! ;D

It works like this...

If your plate ends in:

1 or 2 you can't drive it on Mondays 7 am to 7 pm
3 or 4 ............................Tuesdays.................
and so on and so forth.

My car's plate ends with a 7, so I shouldn't bring it out during Thursdays. I still drive it anyway and take roads I know no cop lurks in.

I think this scheme, more popularly known as the "Odd-Even Scheme" does help ease traffic a bit. So, no compaints from me! Hehe.

It works like this...

If your plate ends in:

1 or 2 you can't drive it on Mondays 7 am to 7 pm
3 or 4 ............................Tuesdays.................
and so on and so forth.

My car's plate ends with a 7, so I shouldn't bring it out during Thursdays. I still drive it anyway and take roads I know no cop lurks in.

I think this scheme, more popularly known as the "Odd-Even Scheme" does help ease traffic a bit. So, no compaints from me! Hehe.
They have the same system in Athens city centre. Most people just take Taxi's into work on the day they cant use their cars.

Duh ??? I have trouble remembering my ID number let alone any of our cars reg numbers! :-[ How am I going to handle a system like that?! I'll just keep on the bike!