This Forum Has Gotten Irritating Thanks To Apathetic Mods And Jswin

Mengtian

Jun 3, 2015
I like the folks on this forum and use to enjoy going online to read about things. But that is no longer true. I cannot beleive that the moderators have allowed one individual to systematically start ressurecting every old thread he can find. IMO it is ridiculus that this is allowed to continue.

I will no longer be viewing anything on this site untill this behaviour stops. I think it is very unprofessional for the mods not to address this. A few threads might be amusing, but not about every thread you view is date 2 to 7 years ago.

Reactions: haleylx4
Why make a mountain of a molehill and hold the moderators responsible?Although I think its a little pointless to comment on old threads like this,its not really hurting anyone. You don't like those threads?Simply don't reply and make your own ones. I've been making post about every little insignificant aspect of my bike riding and have gotten some pretty solid answers from some on this site. Some may find those "annoying" as well, but none is forcing anybody to answer them.

Uawadall said:
Why make a mountain of a molehill and hold the moderators responsible?Although I think its a little pointless to comment on old threads like this,its not really hurting anyone. You don't like those threads?Simply don't reply and make your own ones. I've been making post about every little insignificant aspect of my bike riding and have gotten some pretty solid answers from some on this site. Some may find those "annoying" as well, but none is forcing anybody to answer them.
I agree. Thread necromancy is definitely irritating, but I think that it's a good way for newer users to partake in discussion. A lot of the resurrected threads are simple topics ("Running vs. Cycling" etc.) which are pretty welcoming for newbies to jump in and just share their opinion. So, I think it's better to resurrect old threads and allow for discussion as opposed to not having any discussion at all.

I don't really see the point in complaining and holding the mods responsible for one users actions it. The way I see it is it's saving forum space in making new replies to old threads, instead of creating a completely new thread on the same subject.

If it's bothering you then just scroll down the page past the threads.

The bottom line is that it is impossible to make everybody happy and I am not gonna try.

Reactions: Bark
I do find the spam very annoying, and it's everywhere! Especially the multiple posts of the same title. I don't even get why people want to do that. It just makes no one bother to read them anyway.

The repeated threads on exactly the same subject and with exactly the same content I can understand people getting a little peeved over. I don't get why the person does it to be honest or if it's down to the poster or some sort of technical problem, in which case why doesn't he delete the reposts?

Like any other thread heere---and elsewhere---if the title doesn't catch my interest, I scroll right past it.

I know I've joked about his digging up zombie threads, but that's all it is---an attempt at humor. And it's funny to see people ansering a question that was probably answered elsewhere in the thread 8 years ago. :lol:

Susimi said:
The repeated threads on exactly the same subject and with exactly the same content I can understand people getting a little peeved over. I don't get why the person does it to be honest or if it's down to the poster or some sort of technical problem, in which case why doesn't he delete the reposts?
The repost thing was a real problem when this site used the old Huddler platform---like every other Huddler site. It has become better with this new platform, altthough it has its own set of annoying features. Mostly for moderators and the admins. I'm an admin on a website that switched from Huddler to this platform at about the same time earlier in the year.

DancingLady said:
I do find the spam very annoying, and it's everywhere! Especially the multiple posts of the same title. I don't even get why people want to do that. It just makes no one bother to read them anyway.
Hey, I'm new to this forum and yesterday I accidentally duplicated my thread. When I posted I got an error message. I posted again only to get the same error message. I decided to stop trying and to contact the admin and then noticed my thread was duplicated in the mian page. This could have happened to more people and of course it's unintentional.

Well, I'm glad I read this post. I am new here (hello everyone) and I certainly don't want to annoy anyone my first week here. I came to learn a bit more about cycling and get some of my questions answered, and that has been happening since I've been here, so thank you all for that.

I delete dupes and spam as I can but understand I have a life and even ride a bike sometimes. If I win the lottery I will do better. Nah I will hire a slave to do it. Edit: Oh yeah I had a hell of a good ride today. I had good legs even to the finish.

Meh. It doesn't bother me. Like mpre53 said...don't bother clicking or hit the back button when you see the post dates.

How many miles, JH? Good for you, feeling the fire right to the line. Nothing beats a log entry that say, "Felt great...rode well!".

I actually like reading threads from the dead, some are really interesting.
Plus this forum has clearly been around awhile, I think it adds credibility that we can look at threads from over ten years ago.

Meh. It doesn't bother me. Like mpre53 said...don't bother clicking or hit the back button when you see the post dates.

How many miles, JH? Good for you, feeling the fire right to the line. Nothing beats a log entry that say, "Felt great...rode well!".
The entire loop is just under 30 miles but has several nasty climbs. After finishing the steeps I was still knocking down 25 mph on the flatter portions near the end and still had plenty left in the tank. Maybe not great in the grander scheme but not bad for an old dude.

mpre53 said:
The repost thing was a real problem when this site used the old Huddler platform---like every other Huddler site. It has become better with this new platform, altthough it has its own set of annoying features. Mostly for moderators and the admins. I'm an admin on a website that switched from Huddler to this platform at about the same time earlier in the year.
I'm not all that knowledgeable on platforms but it's good to hear the repost problem is a lot better than what it sounded. Sounds like the issues now could be a problem with the poster then.

jhuskey said:
I delete dupes and spam as I can but understand I have a life and even ride a bike sometimes. If I win the lottery I will do better. Nah I will hire a slave to do it. Edit: Oh yeah I had a hell of a good ride today. I had good legs even to the finish.
I've got to say I love your attitude to things. I've not been around these parts long but whenever I read your posts they never fail to put a smile on me face.

Reactions: jhuskey
Maybe you could Lock all inactive threads before... Dunno... a decade ago? :D

I like to party like its 1995!!! :D

Meh. I find it annoying when people double-post things, especially on purpose, and I'm not a fan of dredging up inactive posts that were solved a long time ago, but I'm not going to expect a small team of mods to handle every single post on here like that. It's not reasonable to have such high expectations. I don't know many forum moderators that are full-time forum mods after all!

gavinfree said:
Meh. I find it annoying when people double-post things, especially on purpose, and I'm not a fan of dredging up inactive posts that were solved a long time ago, but I'm not going to expect a small team of mods to handle every single post on here like that. It's not reasonable to have such high expectations. I don't know many forum moderators that are full-time forum mods after all!
I think the double posting thing is an accident 90% of the time. When you try to add a topic, it gives you an error and if you scroll back and click again...Happened to me..Also, it wasn't very easy to delete the second post.