This Forum is not dying

classic1 said:
You're right though, these bungholes don't have long term vision and are incapable of looking past the next election cycle.
Yeah I know the Coalition was stale as all hell. I wish we could find a way to take long term infrastructure out of the short term political cycle.

C'dale Girl said:
Dee, give it a rest already . . . so UN-funny honey. ;)

Geoff, I'll have to check out your clip later . . .
Is that supposed to offend me or detire me? Coz it's not working.. try again..:rolleyes:

Geoff Vadar said:
Politics.. ****stick etcQUOTE]

I'll vote for you as PM.

Realistically, everyone thinks they're doing the right thing for the greater good.. i hate that we have to vote. There's not one worth voting for at the moment. :mad:

Geoff Vadar said:
Private coaching in general is horse **** for kids. Especially from Pro's cos they dont give a flying **** about your kid. Best thing for him is to play the sport as much as possible - like 3 games a week or whatever he can get his hands on.

I used to kick the football in the backyard up in the air to myself on both legs until pitch dark - every single night of the week (except if it was pissing rain in which case I'd use one of mum's couches to do handball drills into the cushions and catch it on the rebound). I took my football on every school camp even hiking in the Grampians (mountains) - kicking it to myself while we walked the trails. Got sent home from one camp cos another kid stole me football and I went at him like a spider monkey!

I was a loser though ;) your kid is either obsessed enough to be a sportsman or he isnt. Private coaching wont do **** for him though I am afraid. Gotta find your own flair in this world :)
It was more for his brag book; hardly for actual lessons learned. You ain't gonna learn much is one session. ;)

C'dale Girl said:
It was more for his brag book; hardly for actual lessons learned. You ain't gonna learn much is one session. ;)
Not that i'm at all questioning your parenting skills, by why on earth would you want to teach a 9 yr old how to brag? Wouldn't you want your kid to be humble and graceful? And why would you organise someone to do private couching not at all for any leasons learnt but simply for a 9yr old to gloat? Or maybe it was Mum who wanted to brag.. add it to her book.:confused:

Ms_Merida said:
Is that supposed to offend me or detire me? Coz it's not working.. try again..:rolleyes:
No it wasn't, but apparently you cared enough to find the need to respond . . . for that matter to interrupt a conversation between me and Geoff and engage with me to begin with, when I wasn't even addressing you. But hey, at least classic thinks you were funny, so ya got that goin' for ya. ;)

C'dale Girl said:
No it wasn't, but apparently you cared enough to find the need to respond . . . for that matter to interrupt a conversation between me and Geoff and engage with me to begin with, when I wasn't even addressing you. But hey, at least classic thinks you were funny, so ya got that goin' for ya. ;)
Sorry.. didn't realise this was a place for private conversations.

forum
noun1. a public meeting or assembly for open discussion 2. a public facility to meet for open discussion

Therefore anything you say is open game to anyone who wants to comment, interject, add to, interrupt and/or continue the conversation or communication.

Ms_Merida said:
Not that i'm at all questioning your parenting skills, by why on earth would you want to teach a 9 yr old how to brag? Wouldn't you want your kid to be humble and graceful? And why would you organise someone to do private couching not at all for any leasons learnt but simply for a 9yr old to gloat? Or maybe it was Mum who wanted to brag.. add it to her book.:confused:
Good God, you're like a yippy little dog, ya know it? Seems to me, you contradicted yourself, seeing as how you wrote a paragraph completely opposite to your first 9 words.

A little lesson for you . . . "brag book" is a term of art in sales. Like a portfolio. I was using the term loosely and hardly literally.

If I wanted to brag, don't you think I would have offered the information the first time around, when I provided the links.

For the record, Geoff offered first that he knew 1/2 the rugby team he linked. I responded in kind, in a conversation with HIM.

You however feel the incessant need to continually interject.

Keep responding though. It only makes you look like you care about what I have to say a bit too much. ;)

Btw, since you hold yourself out to be the expert on manners and politeness, it's completely rude to ever directly question a parent on their parenting . . . especially when you don't even have a kid yourself. So, why don't you work on learning that golden rule before you start giving out advice.

To answer your question, since you're so concerned and interested, it wasn't formal coaching. They're family friends that wanted to show a couple of kids a good time. :rolleyes:

Ms_Merida said:
Sorry.. didn't realise this was a place for private conversations.

forum
noun1. a public meeting or assembly for open discussion 2. a public facility to meet for open discussion

Therefore anything you say is open game to anyone who wants to comment, interject, add to, interrupt and/or continue the conversation or communication.
The real question is, why would you even care enough to respond? Or care enough to actually look up the meaning of "forum" and link it?

C'dale Girl said:
The real question is, why would you even care enough to respond? Or care enough to actually look up the meaning of "forum" and link it?
Because you're a ****! ;)

Ms_Merida said:
Because you're a ****! ;)
Again, I wish I could be as cool as you. I go to bed at night dreaming about it.

Though, from one natural blonde to another, I must say, I'm quite thankful that I don't have your self-proclaimed apparent body hair problem. ;)

Clearly Seppo's cannot fathom the Aussie sense of humour.

C'dale Girl said:
Again, I wish I could be as cool as you. I go to bed at night dreaming about it.
You're sick and twisted.:eek: Clearly nothing better to dream about than wanting to be like me..

Ms_Merida said:
Clearly Seppo's cannot fathom the Aussie sense of humour.

You're sick and twisted.:eek: Clearly nothing better to dream about than wanting to be like me..
Added to my above post for ya . . . ;)

Thing is Dee, really, sincerely, Americans and Aussies have very similar humor. In getting to know many Aussies along the way, it's my experience that each thinks the other doesn't get their humor, but in reality both are spewing of sarcasm for ***** and grins, but think the other is taking things a bit too seriously. Irony.

C'dale Girl said:

Though, from one natural blonde to another, I must say, I'm quite thankful that I don't have your self-proclaimed apparent body hair problem. ;)
Thankfully I dont have a body hair issue, as i am blonde. However it's a genetic trait for blondes.. or so it seems. It is curious though you must admit.. have you not noticed?

Ms_Merida said:
Thankfully I dont have a body hair issue, as i am blonde. However it's a genetic trait for blondes.. or so it seems. It is curious though you must admit.. have you not noticed?
Hhmmmm, see I thought that post was a confessional from you. ;)

No, I've actually noticed the exact opposite and anybody I've ever had such conversations with (included dark-haired women) would say the same; the darker the hair, the more body hair (and dark body hair, as opposed to transparent). I mean, what blonde is waxing her upper lip? :confused:

Btw, same goes for my non-hairy blonde husband.

C'dale Girl said:
Hhmmmm, see I thought that post was a confessional from you. ;)

No, I've actually noticed the exact opposite and anybody I've ever had such conversations with (included dark-haired women) would say the same; the darker the hair, the more body hair (and dark body hair, as opposed to transparent). I mean, what blonde is waxing her upper lip? :confused:
No no i dont mean body hair issues love.. and i dont know anyone full stop who waxes their upper lip. I just mean that blondes have this genetic predisposition to having soft light fluffy hairs.. like how babies or toddlers do. It's not by any means an issue, as it's barely noticeable.. merely my enquisitive mind

Ms_Merida said:
No no i dont mean body hair issues love.. and i dont know anyone full stop who waxes their upper lip. I just mean that blondes have this genetic predisposition to having soft light fluffy hairs.. like how babies or toddlers do. It's not by any means an issue, as it's barely noticeable.. merely my enquisitive mind
I get it . . . these are the types of questions that keep you up at night . . .