This Forum is not dying

It's not just this forum that is seeing a decline in posting. I think it is a combination of boring racing, doping scandals, apathy while waiting for the next shoe to drop topped with HV's posts.

Will you people please quit with the sexy avatars. Its driving me crazy. Where's TFF, Lim, and Lamkin when you need 'em. Now you know why I ride a bike. Got to go now.
earth_dweller said:
It's not just this forum that is seeing a decline in posting. I think it is a combination of boring racing, doping scandals, apathy while waiting for the next shoe to drop topped with HV's posts.

Crankyfeet said:
Will you people please quit with the sexy avatars. Its driving me crazy. Where's TFF, Lim, and Lamkin when you need 'em. Now you know why I ride a bike. Got to go now.
just following nns' lead - time to let the inner me shine through :)

Crankyfeet said:
Oh, dude, I am laughing out loud! Damn, we here at the forum are HOT! :cool: Doncha just love the internet.

I think your avatar should date my avatar.

Are you implying that's not me (granted a few years ago when I thought swimming was the only way for a gammy knee to keep fit)?
nns1400 said:
Oh, dude, I am laughing out loud! Damn, we here at the forum are HOT! :cool: Doncha just love the internet.

I think your avatar should date my avatar.

Crankyfeet said:
Are you implying that's not me (granted a few years ago when I thought swimming was the only way for a gammy knee to keep fit)?
So, how did you lose all your hair? Or were you just fooling us with your Dr. Evil look-alike avatar?

Frankly, I think all of us are far too witty and entertaining to be any of these people in the photos. They may look great, but....duuuuuuuuuhhhh.

Crankyfeet said:
I suspect this is more than just a social retard who is hell bent on drumming his message in.

I think he is in a war with the owner(s) of this forum, and/or the moderators. His cliched rant goes beyond proselytizing. It is a destructive attempt IMO to sabotage threads and CyclingForums.com.

Why can't he be banned on suspicion (its pretty obvious) that he is a previously banned member. With the caveat apology that it may be a wrongful association, the wrongfully accused member can be encouraged to rejoin under another username. That would give moderators the carte blanche to ban on circumstantial evidence. This guy would be able to come back but the first time he posts another idiosynchratic message - Kaboom, he's banned again with the same message (wrongful accusation apology) from the moderator.
Think of it this way: at least venting on this forum may keep him from opening fire at the mall or something. DIE, FOOT LOCKER!!!!! AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Um. That was Dr. Evil. And my new avatar is the best likeness to myself I could find. I even had to crop it down to 80x80. I'm not too happy how it came out though. I look better in person. But who am I to judge.
nns1400 said:
So, how did you lose all your hair? Or were you just fooling us with your Dr. Evil look-alike avatar?

Frankly, I think all of us are far too witty and entertaining to be any of these people in the photos. They may look great, but....duuuuuuuuuhhhh.

Crankyfeet said:
Um. That was Dr. Evil. And my new avatar is the best likeness to myself I could find. I even had to crop it down to 80x80. I'm not too happy how it came out though. I look better in person. But who am I to judge.
Oh sure, you were lying then, but not now. Let's see the abs, swimmer boy.

nns1400 said:
Think of it this way: at least venting on this forum may keep him from opening fire at the mall or something. DIE, FOOT LOCKER!!!!! AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Don't be so sure. Nutters like HV often have more than one outlet for the looniness. He's probably training right now with MS Flight Simulator to crash a plane into Nike headquarters.

Bro Deal said:
Don't be so sure. Nutters like HV often have more than one outlet for the looniness. He's probably training right now with MS Flight Simulator to crash a plane into Nike headquarters.
For some reason, I just had a flashback to that old Steve Martin movie, The Jerk, where that guy with his gun was in the bushes shooting at him in the gas station, shouting "Die, random gas pumper!" Of course, it's not funny if he really does it.

HV seems more like the type to poison someone rather than crash an airplane.

That's an interesting perspective. We're like professional FBI negotiators stalling a potential threat with inane questions. I thought I could do that in the "Bloody Soap Box" but it takes a lot of attention to keep him occupied.

I feel like warning the Foot Locker guys. Especially the ones wearing Nike shoes and Livestrong bands. They're even dressed like NFL referees!!!
nns1400 said:

Crankyfeet said:
That's an interesting perspective. We're like professional FBI negotiators stalling a potential threat with inane questions. I thought I could do that in the "Bloody Soap Box" but it takes a lot of attention to keep him occupied.

I feel like warning the Foot Locker guys. Especially the ones wearing Nike shoes and Livestrong bands. They're even dressed like NFL referees!!![/QUOTE]

And who doesn't want to shoot them!?

nns1400 said:
Oh sure, you were lying then, but not now. Let's see the abs, swimmer boy.
I'll show you my bare chest and my abs if you'll show me yours.

I feel I've played a part in turning this thread into a teenage-like flirt site. I humbly apologize Klodifan. Now back to that partial frontal under discussion.

Hey isn't it getting late over there in St. Louis?

nns1400 said:
HV seems more like the type to poison someone rather than crash an airplane.
Yeah, that whole dying for your beliefs is a tough nut.

I wonder about loons like HV. Usenet used to have the Usenet Kook of the Month awards. The thing that always got me was that some of the winners had been carrying on for years. Mike Vandeman comes to mind. He has been on a one man crusade against mountain bikes for at least ten years. He is still at it. I have a hard time coming up with a good explanation--other than mental illness--for why these guys would put so much effort into their trolling.

Someone could make a fascinating documentry film about these sorry sacks. I am thinking of something in the vein of Trekkies.

Crankyfeet said:

I feel I've played a part in turning this thread into a teenage-like flirt site.
We aren't using enough abbreviations -- the secret language of teens.

Five pages of fun and Klodifan hasn't even checked back, sigh. Well, I think it's time to call it a night. It's been fun. ;)

nns1400 said:
We aren't using enough abbreviations -- the secret language of teens.

Five pages of fun and Klodifan hasn't even checked back, sigh. Well, I think it's time to call it a night. It's been fun. ;)
GTGT POS. BYE

Crankyfeet said:

I feel I've played a part in turning this thread into a teenage-like flirt site. I humbly apologize Klodifan. Now back to that partial frontal under discussion.

Hey isn't it getting late over there in St. Louis?
Ok, you're scaring me now. I already broke my solemn promise to never reveal details about where I live or anything, but the Tour of Missouri blew all that. Now that you have my real photo, what's to stop you from stalking me? Besides my big dog, my big husband, and his big gun, I mean.

Don't make me quote Scripture at you! :D