This Forum is not dying



stevebaby

New Member
Jun 22, 2004
3,515
2
0
nns1400 said:
Riiiight...every time I say, you know, I'm not doing XYZ this year, a certain man that lives in my house says, whatdyamean we're not doing that? And I say, who's WE, sucka? :p

Aww, come on, guys, we do it all for the kids, the little ones and the big ones (as in husbands). Kids love commercialism, crappy music, and gluttony.

And as a friend of mine often says...if it weren't for Christmas...winter wouldn't be worth a ****...:D
Become an atheist. Then you can tell people "Bah humbug" and get back on the gin.
 

stevebaby

New Member
Jun 22, 2004
3,515
2
0
nns1400 said:
Some Thanksgiving manners information, from my Classic Dave Barry calendar:


TODAY'S ETIQUETTE TOPIC IS: Proper Table Manners. The rules of etiquette can be tricky. Suppose you sit down to a formal dinner, and there are three forks at your place setting. Which fork should you use? The answer -- and here I am quoting from the classic reference work, The Amy and Bud Vanderbilt Guide to Table Manners and Boat Repair -- is "the cleanest fork." Using your left hand, and starting with the outside fork, hold each fork up and examine it for signs of crud: if you see any, you should, without drawing attention to yourself, switch it with a fork taken from the person sitting on your immediate right.

:p
Americans seem to have found a way to use all three forks at the same time.
The evidence is everywhere.
 

stevebaby

New Member
Jun 22, 2004
3,515
2
0
nns1400 said:
...so if the world does start to crumble, y'all, then you know it was all my fault :p )
The culprit has been located and has made a full confession.
 

jhuskey

Moderator
Oct 6, 2003
10,605
337
83
stevebaby said:
Americans seem to have found a way to use all three forks at the same time.
The evidence is everywhere.


I don't need a fork to enjoy my Catfish on a stick with cheese.
 

Crankyfeet

New Member
Jun 5, 2007
10,817
0
36
stevebaby said:
Americans seem to have found a way to use all three forks at the same time.
The evidence is everywhere.
Most people like a good fork, and it doesn't have to be that clean.
 

Crankyfeet

New Member
Jun 5, 2007
10,817
0
36
Bro Deal said:
Cheese and fish? Eww.
I'm with you on mixing fish and dairy products however one billion people served Filet-a-Fish's at Mickey D's would disagree no doubt.
 

nns1400

New Member
Jul 27, 2006
6,276
0
0
stevebaby said:
Become an atheist. Then you can tell people "Bah humbug" and get back on the gin.
Does anyone here like egg nog? I think it's gross. I realize margaritas aren't really a traditional Christmas drink, but I can think of some better ones than egg nog...blech.
 

nns1400

New Member
Jul 27, 2006
6,276
0
0
For the record, movie fans, and especially Edie wherever you are!, I just watched the worst Steve McQueen movie ever. Actually I fell asleep watching it because it was SO boring! Junior Bonner, where he's a washed-up rodeo cowboy. That's it. There wasn't a plot. You've been informed.
 

Crankyfeet

New Member
Jun 5, 2007
10,817
0
36
nns1400 said:
Does anyone here like egg nog? I think it's gross. I realize margaritas aren't really a traditional Christmas drink, but I can think of some better ones than egg nog...blech.
Yes. Just what you need around this time of year is 600 calories added to your alcoholic beverage.

I tried this once with the egg nog recipe. I substituted Diet Coke for the egg, milk, sugar and cream. The drink has nearly no calories and tastes exactly like a rum and coke. In fact, it is a rum and (diet) coke. It still works with whisky or brandy as well.
 

nns1400

New Member
Jul 27, 2006
6,276
0
0
Crankyfeet said:
Yes. Just what you need around this time of year is 600 calories added to your alcoholic beverage.

I tried this once with the egg nog recipe. I substituted Diet Coke for the egg, milk, sugar and cream. The drink has nearly no calories and tastes exactly like a rum and coke. In fact, it is a rum and (diet) coke. It still works with whisky or brandy as well.
LOL! I think I like that recipe! It's dropped from the 70's to the 30's here today, so I think I'm going for some Kahlua and coffee...or maybe Bailey's as it's a little more holiday-like.

Have a great weekend, all, even you Mr. Grinch, um, I mean Bro Deal...:p
 

Crankyfeet

New Member
Jun 5, 2007
10,817
0
36
nns1400 said:
Have a great weekend, all, even you Mr. Grinch, um, I mean Bro Deal...:p
Hey, our Bro aint a Grinch. Why is it that realists are always dubbed as pessimists?
 

nns1400

New Member
Jul 27, 2006
6,276
0
0
Crankyfeet said:
Hey, our Bro aint a Grinch. Why is it that realists are always dubbed as pessimists?
Oh, yeah? Why is it that optimists are never dubbed as realists? ;)
 

Bro Deal

New Member
Jun 26, 2006
6,698
2
0
nns1400 said:
Have a great weekend, all, even you Mr. Grinch, um, I mean Bro Deal...:p
Bah humbug!

P.S. Is there a definition of "Bah humbug" or is lost to the age of Dickens or is it something Dickens made up? Inquiring grinches would like to know.
 

Crankyfeet

New Member
Jun 5, 2007
10,817
0
36
Bro Deal said:
Bah humbug!

P.S. Is there a definition of "Bah humbug" or is lost to the age of Dickens or is it something Dickens made up? Inquiring grinches would like to know.
According to the Urban Dictionary:

BAH HUMBUG:

When a girl (typically in her 20's) is [email protected]#king an older man (typically 70s and up) and once the man busts his load he dies on top of the girl.

The old ass fart gave that sorority chick a bah humbug.


But a more realistic explanation from Wikipedia:

Humbug is an archaic term meaning "hoax", or "jest". While the term was first attested in 1751 in student slang, its etymology is unknown. It is known, however, that it was used as profanity centuries ago, in places such as Great Britain. Its present meaning as an exclamation is closer to "nonsense", or "gibberish", while as a noun, a humbug refers to a fraud or impostor, implying an element of unjustified publicity and spectacle.

In modern usage, the word is probably most associated with Ebenezer Scrooge, a character created by Charles Dickens. His famous reference to Christmas, "Bah! Humbug!", declaring Christmas to be a fraud, is heard afresh every year around Christmastime when the perennial favorite, A Christmas Carol, is played on stage or TV.
 

Bro Deal

New Member
Jun 26, 2006
6,698
2
0
So while standing in line for a cashier, listening to X-mas music and thinking I would probably kill for an IPod at that moment, I noticed People magazine has named Matt Damon as the sexiest man alive. Explain that one to me, nns. I am probably not a good judge, but I can understand George Clooney. Maybe even Brad Pitt with his pock marked face. But Matt Damon?

Then again, I never understood what the big deal about Julia Roberts was all about.
 

Crankyfeet

New Member
Jun 5, 2007
10,817
0
36
Bro Deal said:
So while standing in line for a cashier, listening to X-mas music and thinking I would probably kill for an IPod at that moment, I noticed People magazine has named Matt Damon as the sexiest man alive. Explain that one to me, nns. I am probably not a good judge, but I can understand George Clooney. Maybe even Brad Pitt with his pock marked face. But Matt Damon?

Then again, I never understood what the big deal about Julia Roberts was all about.
Come on Bro, admit that you get People Magazine delivered to your home.

While we're waiting for NNS, as much as I find it weird commenting on the "sexiest man alive", I think it is 90% related to the character played in the candidate's last starring movie role, right? Jason Bourne in Bourne Ultimatum has gotta rank up there as a pretty good role for chick appeal, hasn't it?

If playing James Bond badly can get Pierce Brosnan the title in 2001, Paul Giamatti could have possibly been crowned the "sexiest man alive" if he had played the role of Jason Bourne.
 

Crankyfeet

New Member
Jun 5, 2007
10,817
0
36
I just saw the movie "Dan in Real Life". Thought it was pretty funny and well done though I realize most people here aren't partial to romantic comedies. I like Steve Carell though as a comic actor, as long as the script isn't junk. Usual cliche ending though.

Hey Bro, I looked up that People Mag 'sexiest man" title and noticed that Clooney won it last year and they've never given it to one guy two years in a row before. He's already won it before that as well. And Clooney's pushing 47.

Julia Roberts didn't have much competition. But she was fairly charismatic and photogenic and reasonably smart, and played likeable characters. She wasn't repugnant or anything, but I realize its a subjective call.

I struggle with Charlize Theron. Something about her irks me. But she's probably a real nice lady behind my snap judgment.