This Forum is not dying

Hey NNS - Mizzou just beat Kansas...looks like a real close call for the Championship this year between a host of teams including University of Missouri. Don't know if you're a Mizzou supporter but they played pretty dominantly tonight.

I can never figure out that holding penalty rule though. Seems like its fairly arbitrary and the referees can call that on just about any play. Always seems to go against teams when they have a big lead, especially when they are playing away. But my cynicism has been getting the better of me lately.

Crankyfeet said:
Hey NNS - Mizzou just beat Kansas...looks like a real close call for the Championship this year between a host of teams including University of Missouri. Don't know if you're a Mizzou supporter but they played pretty dominantly tonight.

I can never figure out that holding penalty rule though. Seems like its fairly arbitrary and the referees can call that on just about any play. Always seems to go against teams when they have a big lead, especially when they are playing away. But my cynicism has been getting the better of me lately.

And Arkansas beat LSU and Tennessee will play LSU in the SEC championship and I will turn lead to gold and water to wine. :D

I'd like to copy and paste here a post made on another forum by "Yorkshireman" concerning beer drinking and hormonal fluctuations:

National University of Lesotho scientists released the results of a recent analysis that revealed the presence of female hormones in beer.

Men should take a concerned look at their beer consumption. The theory is that beer contains female hormones (hops contain phytoestrogens) and that by drinking enough beer, men turn into women.

To test the theory, 100 men drank 8 pints of beer each within a 1 hour period.

It was then observed that 100% of the test subjects:

1) Argued over nothing.
2) Refused to apologize when obviously wrong.
3) Gained weight.
4) Talked excessively without making sense.
5) Became overly emotional.
6) Couldn't drive.
7) Failed to think rationally.
8) Had to sit down while urinating.

No further testing was considered necessary.

Bro Deal said:
So while standing in line for a cashier, listening to X-mas music and thinking I would probably kill for an IPod at that moment, I noticed People magazine has named Matt Damon as the sexiest man alive. Explain that one to me, nns. I am probably not a good judge, but I can understand George Clooney. Maybe even Brad Pitt with his pock marked face. But Matt Damon?

Then again, I never understood what the big deal about Julia Roberts was all about.
Bro, buddy, I thought about you this weekend. In honor of you, I made one Black Friday purchase...at a gas station....a Rat Pack Christmas CD. I now own Christmas music sung by Sammy Davis, Jr. I will laugh every time I play it. :p

As for Matt Damon...I don't know what to say. He's okay. He's cool in the Bourne movies. If they have to pick a Hollywood celeb it's slim pickins.

Crankyfeet said:

:D :D :D

Crankyfeet said:
Come on Bro, admit that you get People Magazine delivered to your home.

While we're waiting for NNS, as much as I find it weird commenting on the "sexiest man alive", I think it is 90% related to the character played in the candidate's last starring movie role, right? Jason Bourne in Bourne Ultimatum has gotta rank up there as a pretty good role for chick appeal, hasn't it?

If playing James Bond badly can get Pierce Brosnan the title in 2001, Paul Giamatti could have possibly been crowned the "sexiest man alive" if he had played the role of Jason Bourne.
Well, if James Bond is the key, they should have given it to Daniel Craig over Matt Damon. But that isn't as recent as The Bourne Ultimatum, so I guess they have to give it to someone with a movie to promote. Who votes on this anyway?? I don't remember anyone asking me!

BTW, Paul Giamatti.....uh....not. Ever. :p

Crankyfeet said:
Does having the Mizzou fight song as your ring tone count as being a supporter? ;)

Mizzou WILL beat Oklahoma next weekend and go on to play West Virginia for the title. But neither of those games will compare to the ecstasy of beating KU for the north division title. :D

nns1400 said:
If they have to pick a Hollywood celeb [for "Sexiest Man Alive"] it's slim pickins.
Um....Slim Pickens died in 1983....but I think he won "Sexiest Man Dead" a couple of years ago.:D

Crankyfeet said:
Hey that's just post-padding. Cause you gave another response later.

Trying to get to a thousand in a hurry aint ya.;)
Only got 20 to go! 19 after this one....and you're breathing down my neck with less than 100 behind me...and at the rate you post, I'm in trouble! :p

Last one to 1000 is a rotten egg....;)

nns1400 said:
Who votes on this anyway [Sexiest Man Alive]?? I don't remember anyone asking me!
Um...probably the People mag editor, one of his office mistresses, and the overnight cleaner, who happened to be passing by the half-ajar office door at 1:00am.

nns1400 said:
Only got 20 to go! 19 after this one....and you're breathing down my neck with less than 100 behind me...and at the rate you post, I'm in trouble! :p

Last one to 1000 is a rotten egg....;)
Nah..I'm focussing on my GPA. It's at 5.1 and crushing your measly 2.0 per day.

Bro Deal's at an obvious dope-assisted 6.5 and Lim's at an incredible 8.2 posts a day since January 2004. I think Lim has fudged his. Or he's been discussing recipes in the bike cafe for four years.

Crankyfeet said:
Um...probably the People mag editor, one of his office mistresses, and the overnight cleaner, who happened to be passing by the half-ajar office door at 1:00am.
I just want to know if it's generated by heterosexuals or not? I guess Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhall haven't made the cut yet, so it's probably a hetero vote (and both are arguably sexier than Matt Damon).

Crankyfeet said:
Nah..I'm focussing on my GPA. It's at 5.1 and crushing your measly 2.0 per day.

Bro Deal's at an obvious dope-assisted 6.5 and Lim's at an incredible 8.2 posts a day since January 2004. I think Lim has fudged his. Or he's been discussing recipes in the bike cafe for four years.
I can discuss recipes

nns1400 said:
And then there is the unofficial "Posts Worth Reading" GPA - which for Bro Deal is 4.1 per day. For Crankyfeet its 0.9 per day. And for NNS its 0.0000001 per day.

Post-padding just makes a mockery of Bro Deal's hours of effort scouring the various forums, and managing to come up with 4 or 5 profound things to say every day. Show some respect. Its hard work to keep a modicum of quality in your posts. Too hard for me. But at least I try a little bit.:D

Crankyfeet said:
And then there is the unofficial "Posts Worth Reading" GPA - which for Bro Deal is 4.1 per day. For Crankyfeet its 0.9 per day. And for NNS its 0.0000001 per day.

Post-padding just makes a mockery of Bro Deal's hours of effort scouring the various forums, and managing to come up with 4 or 5 profound things to say every day. Show some respect. Its hard work to keep a modicum of quality in your posts. Too hard for me. But at least I try a little bit.
I am SO sure!!! You're the worst!

This is my first attempt at post-padding I'll have you know! :p

Crankyfeet said:

Post-padding just makes a mockery of Bro Deal's hours of effort scouring the various forums, and managing to come up with 4 or 5 profound things to say every day. Show some respect. Its hard work to keep a modicum of quality in your posts. Too hard for me. But at least I try a little bit.
Go Mizzou!!

M-I-Z...Z-O-U