This Forum is not dying

Here's a question I'm not sure how I'd answer:

If you were in a restaurant and you noticed a celebrity (that you liked) eating in the corner of the room with company... would you be like a lot of people... and ruin his/her ambience... by asking him/her to sign something... or would you just leave him/her to eat and talk in peace?

Crankyfeet said:
How did he get through school with a name like Jon Bon Jovi? I suppose he was just cool enough to escape the jocks.
Not his real name, it's close tho. I just can't remember off hand what it is.

Crankyfeet said:

If you were in a restaurant and you noticed a celebrity (that you liked) eating in the corner of the room with company... would you be like a lot of people... and ruin his/her ambience... by asking him/her to sign something... or would you just leave him/her to eat and talk in peace?

Leave them alone- I feel sorry for famous people. Sure they did in many ways choose the lifestyle (and most are pretty well compensated for it), but it must really wear on a person to not be able to go out in public without everyone wanting something from them.

Crankyfeet said:

leave them alone

unless it's George Clooney or Clive Owen, then jump his bones.

Crankyfeet said:

Leave them alone. I tried to do that with my good friend Tyler Hamilton. Of course, if it were Parker Posey...I'd tell her that I have a real cute wife...

Crankyfeet said:

Done it. Always leave them alone.

Speaking about talking to celebrities... I got some great advice once... that worked unbelievably well in practise.

When I was much younger, I was playing in an international cricket tournament for an invitational team. The tournament included an Australian representive team and the Aussie second team (called Australia A). Anyway... Australia A ended up winning the tournament... but I had the game of my life against them in the semi-finals and we nearly tied them on the final ball (pitch) of the match (oh how I have relived that life moment... :rolleyes: ). Anyway... both Aussie teams kinda adopted me socially in the evenings (being an Aussie... and playing well in that game against them) which was unbelievably great... I got to experience clubbing with them, as one of the Australian team... even if I wasn't technically one of the team members.

I remember going to the restroom early on in the first evening out with them... and lamenting to this middle-aged local guy in there who was connected somehow to the tournament... that I found it real difficult to talk with the [celebrity cricketer] guys as the only thing I had in common with them was cricket and their well-known exploits. Anyway... he says... "The secret is not to talk about cricket... or whatever makes them famous... because that's what every punter talks to them about... and they:

1. Don't want to talk about work with someone outside their colleague circle... and:

2. Pigeon-hole you straight away as one of the thousand other fans that want a piece of them.

So I went back to the bar... and the difference was incredible. I asked them about their families, music, homes, anything but cricket... and these guys were talking and talking and then amazingly... bringing up cricket stories themselves and asking about my life etc. etc.

The lesson I learned... that has proven to work countless other times since... is that when you come into contact with a famous person... never talk about what makes them famous... and they won't put up the barriers... and will be very happy... or more likely to talk usually.

Crankyfeet said:
The lesson I learned... that has proven to work countless other times since... is that when you come into contact with a famous person... never talk about what makes them famous... and they won't put up the barriers... and will be very happy... or more likely to talk usually.
That makes perfect sense...when I was younger and starting out I found the same thing with dealing with the top executives in a couple of companies I worked for. If you didn't act either intimidated or brown-nosing and just talked to them like real people, they liked it. And remembered me. Or maybe I was just a 25 year old girl and they liked that...I never thought of that til just this moment...:rolleyes:

Also, I've done design work for several different StL pro athletes, and I never once brought up what they did, or treated them any differently than just a client, and they really seem relieved to get to act like a normal person. All except for one Cardinals pitcher, he was kind of impressed with himself...and also didn't pay his bills!!

nns1400 said:
That makes perfect sense...when I was younger and starting out I found the same thing with dealing with the top executives in a couple of companies I worked for. If you didn't act either intimidated or brown-nosing and just talked to them like real people, they liked it. And remembered me. Or maybe I was just a 25 year old girl and they liked that...I never thought of that til just this moment...:rolleyes:
I think it was because you are hot... :D

C'dale Girl said:
Lol.

See, I went with Nelly because of the StL connection.

Funny. He looks skinnier there though NNS. That threw me off (yeah, yeah, that's it. It threw me off alright . . .)
I wasn't trying to make you guess...I have no idea who it is!...but I figured you would. I'll trust Cranky that it's 50c though...but he could bluff with anybody if he wanted to...:p

nns1400 said:
I wasn't trying to make you guess...I have no idea who it is!...but I figured you would. I'll trust Cranky that it's 50c though...but he could bluff with anybody if he wanted to...:p
In da club.

You can find me in the club, bottle full of bub
Look mami I got the X if you into taking drugs
I'm into having sex, I ain't into making love
So come give me a hug if you into to getting rubbed

He's a real romantic.

Crankyfeet said:
In da club.

You can find me in the club, bottle full of bub
Look mami I got the X if you into taking drugs
I'm into having sex, I ain't into making love
So come give me a hug if you into to getting rubbed

He's a real romantic.
No kidding! I bet he meets some nice girls....:p

Crankyfeet said:
I'm starting to think that Hilary looks good in a skirt suit after seeing about 10 images of Jessy posing... :D
So does he secretly want to go into politics? Or join the Junior League? Or be a church organist? He's awfully young to be dressing like that...

nns1400 said:
Also, I've done design work for several different StL pro athletes, and I never once brought up what they did, or treated them any differently than just a client, and they really seem relieved to get to act like a normal person. All except for one Cardinals pitcher, he was kind of impressed with himself...and also didn't pay his bills!!
Bob Forsch?

His daughter danced at my dance studio when I was a kid. I was about 8 and saw him there and was a star struck kid and asked him for his autograph. He was a complete arrogant jerk about it and actually threw it at me. A little kid.

I've never forgotten that and have told anyone and everyone who will listen what a jerk he is. Lesson learned? These celebs REALLY need to watch how they treat kids. :rolleyes: