This Forum is not dying

C'dale Girl said:
Hey, that's weird. I experienced that very same thunderstorm (shifting eyes emoticon)

:D

we had some real honest to goodness thunder and lightening here last night too - which is unusual.. it hardly ever happens in this area. Now its very humid, which is also fairly unusual for this area. Feels like summer
;)

Ok, so many here (well, all but one :p ) don't know that I'm in St. Louis visiting NNS . . . er I mean my mom and bro and new niece. :D

This morning hubby and I went for a 32 mile ride. My mom lives in the flood plains of Missouri, though she's on high enough ground that it shouldn't get affected, except possibly by the 500 year flood (gee, wonder when that one's due. :eek: )

Mom mentions last night that areas close to her have been affected by the recent flooding.

So on the way out on our ride, I say kind of jokingly and as a second thought, "hey, surely if our route was to be affected by any flooding, Mom would have mentioned it . . . . right?????" Hubby says, "oh yeah, sure" not so convincingly. :confused:

Riding along we start seeing ALL KINDS of CRAYFISH in the road. Huh? Crayfish? :confused: In Missouri? In the middle of the road? :confused: HUGE red ones. They looked more like small lobsters really . . . HUGE!!!! Gee, perhaps that's a sign that water's close? :confused:

So, we're riding along and start to see sandbags piled in places. I comment, "huh, they must have been worried about flooding here." We keeep riding a bit. I look to the right. Water everywhere. Street signs/lights covered . . . Right next to us. Road closed signs. We stopped and took pics with our phones.

We ran into a local coming out of his house. He explained that for the 93 flood, the area that is now covered in water was all homes. After the flood they turned it into a park. So, the water covered area was a park. Hard to imagine, as all we saw was water everywhere, trees and some street signs peaking out.

So, we keep riding. Low and behold in the middle of our route we come to a road closed sign, "road flooded." :eek: Thank goodness for that grid system in the US Cranky. It got us home. :D

I have 8 pics that I'm going to try and down load. Nothing but empty, flat farmland right by my mom which makes for great, vacant riding. Really nice because you can ride side by side comfortably because NOBODY is around.

Okay, gonna try to get those pics now. Let's see if I can figure this out.

Uugggh. I really want to show you guys these pics, but am having technical difficulties. I saved them to my pictures and thought I could just cut and past to my post. But, when I click on paste it does nothing.

Need help. TDL? Anyone out there? TIA! :eek:

C'dale Girl said:
Uugggh. I really want to show you guys these pics, but am having technical difficulties. I saved them to my pictures and thought I could just cut and past to my post. But, when I click on paste it does nothing.

You can use hypertext link or managed attachments. Pasting won't work unless someone knows more than I do.

C'dale Girl said:
Ok, so many here (well, all but one :p ) don't know that I'm in St. Louis visiting NNS . . . er I mean my mom and bro and new niece. :D

Riding along we start seeing ALL KINDS of CRAYFISH in the road. Huh? Crayfish? :confused: In Missouri? In the middle of the road? :confused: HUGE red ones. They looked more like small lobsters really . . . HUGE!!!! Gee, perhaps that's a sign that water's close? :confused:
That is bizarre. I've seen little crawdads in the "creeks" (Huzzah River, etc)...but nothing like that. Did you take some home in your jersey pockets to boil up? :p

nns1400 said:
Here's a pic from the beach...
oops...wrong one...:D

actually I can't ever get any of my pics to upload...the file size is always too big. :confused: One of my short-term goals in life is figure out my digital photo software....

Okay boys and girls...unfortunately, I have to go get ready to take my husband to the hospital now...today's the day for his cancer surgery. Which is actually a cause to celebrate IMO, because they are getting RID of it. But it ain't my throat that's going to be sore...:eek: So prayers and well wishes are appreciated today.

see y'all later...

nns1400 said:
Okay boys and girls...unfortunately, I have to go get ready to take my husband to the hospital now...today's the day for his cancer surgery. Which is actually a cause to celebrate IMO, because they are getting RID of it. But it ain't my throat that's going to be sore...:eek: So prayers and well wishes are appreciated today.

see y'all later...

Good luck! :)

nns1400 said:
That is bizarre. I've seen little crawdads in the "creeks" (Huzzah River, etc)...but nothing like that. Did you take some home in your jersey pockets to boil up? :p
It was crazy NNS. Hubby was all bummed out. He said he wished he had a plastic bag with him. They were big enough to be served up in fine restaurants, honestly. Bigger than most I've seen from such restaurants. We saw probably at least 15 live and many roadkill.

Thinking of you guys. Good luck to your hubby with his surgery. Hang in there sistah. :)

C'dale Girl said:
Can you tell me how to do either of those j? :eek:

If these are photos that you have in your computer use the "manage attachment" function that you will find just below the submit reply window.
Sometime these files are too large and must be re-pixelized using photo type software.
To use the hyperlink they must have a URL address.

nns1400 said:

see y'all later...

Best of luck.

C'dale Girl said:

In the reply dialogue, scroll down below the "Submit Reply" button, and you should see a button labeled "Manage Attachments". When you click on that, you should get a new window where you can upload up to 5 files. Click on Browse, and then go to the folder where you have the image and then click on the image. When you have done this to all the images you want to upload, then click on Upload and then submit the reply.

nns1400 said:

see y'all later...
Good luck NNS! Hope everything will go well. Keep us posted.

nns1400 said:
oops...wrong one...:D

actually I can't ever get any of my pics to upload...the file size is always too big. :confused: One of my short-term goals in life is figure out my digital photo software....
If you don't have something like photoshop, I would strongly recommend Gimp. It is quite powerful (and free). To reduce the filesize, I would do two things: first resize the image to something like 800 x 600 (or 1024 x 768 if you want it big) since that is adequate for sharing images on the internet. Then, when you save the image, you can set the quality of the JPEG image - smaller the quality, larger the compression and lower the filesize. Of course, don't set the quality too low as you get more compression artifacts. Something like 75% is good.

C'dale Girl said:
So, did you cover your neice with kisses and hand her over to her parents when she started crying? You were so dying to do that. :D

I am headed home in a moment a bike ride and what waits me for the weekend.
Happy 4th to all! :cool:

nns1400 said:

see y'all later...
Hope it goes well.