This Forum is not dying

You guys deserve some award for the entertainment in the fern thread. :D

Cranky, how can I believe you post if you can make up BS so easily? :eek:

TheDarkLord said:
You guys deserve some award for the entertainment in the fern thread. :D

Cranky, how can I believe you post if you can make up BS so easily? :eek:
Like I said. I got a little bit of knowledge about indoor plants. I did live in Asia for twelve years in apartments... and indoor plants were the limit of one's garden there. But all the stuff about oxygen (though I remember reading something somewhere that plants exhale CO2 in the night and inhale oxygen...which is the reverse of the day...but that can't be right or plants would be oxygen neautral??
confused.gif
).

Anyway the toxins, cat jealousy, kids eating the nitrogen rich leaves, spiders in the crown, tea leaves (which are good for roses and azaleas BTW), massaging the trunks, branches and leaves, fans stressing out the plants, ... can't think of anything more... were all BS...
biggrin.gif

Vader just cracks me up though. Side-splitting for me. Little things like would the kids go for the tuberous sword and the bostern fern with the same vigor? And obviously the bedroom upstairs at the back... and the interior decorator comments... and the not being able to sleep without leaving the windows open....
biggrin.gif

C'dale Girl said:
Absolutely friggin' amazing that you now have someone giving their own input on plants . . . amazing. :D
Isn't it obvious that it is a total **** take? Or is it just authentic enough to squeeze through the credibility filter? I think the "not being able to pass a nursery without buying a plant" helped somehow... maybe.

When that guy said that we sounded gay... I deliberately twisted the logic around in my reply... but he didn't seem to get it...
confused.gif

Anyway... it's fun... though now we have attracted some semi-experts (I can't believe they haven't blown us out of the water), it poses new challenges...
biggrin.gif

PS - I do hope Sharper Image are going out of business otherwise I might be sued for some of those Ionic Breeze comments....
redface.gif

Crankyfeet said:
Like I said. I got a little bit of knowledge about indoor plants. I did live in Asia for twelve years in apartments... and indoor plants were the limit of one's garden there. But all the stuff about oxygen (though I remember reading something somewhere that plants exhale CO2 in the night and inhale oxygen...which is the reverse of the day...but that can't be right or plants would be oxygen neautral??
confused.gif
).

Anyway the toxins, cat jealousy, kids eating the nitrogen rich leaves, spiders in the crown, tea leaves (which are good for roses and azaleas BTW), massaging the trunks, branches and leaves, fans stressing out the plants, ... can't think of anything more... were all BS...
biggrin.gif
Most of the BS was somewhat obvious. Yes, I also recall learning that plants respire during the night when no photosynthesis takes place; I don't have a clue whether they are oxygen neutral or not.

BTW, why did you steal Bro's name? It sort of ruined the ease of identifying Bro's sock puppets in other forums. I initially thought that it was indeed Bro - until you outed yourself here, and then in hindsight the post rate made sense. ;)

BTW, I'm a bit surprised at the mention of hibiscus as an indoor plant. Those things grow really big (tree like) when they are outside.

TheDarkLord said:
Most of the BS was somewhat obvious. Yes, I also recall learning that plants respire during the night when no photosynthesis takes place; I don't have a clue whether they are oxygen neutral or not.

BTW, why did you steal Bro's name? It sort of ruined the ease of identifying Bro's sock puppets in other forums. I initially thought that it was indeed Bro - until you outed yourself here, and then in hindsight the post rate made sense. ;)
I don't know... I don't have a stable of usernames ready and waiting for new forums. I was going to use clunkyfeet... then I thought that I didn't want to give myself away, if, by some chance, someone on there also frequented CF. And I couldn't think of anything... then it just sprung to mind. I don't think I am impersonating Bro. It's different enough I think... I hope.

TheDarkLord said:
BTW, I'm a bit surprised at the mention of hibiscus as an indoor plant. Those things grow really big (tree like) when they are outside.
Yeah...I think she's kidding herself. Hibiscus plants need mountains of light. If you try to grow them indoors... they don't flower and half their leaves fall off and the rest go all sickly in my experience. And same with rhododendrons.

Coincidentally... the FIDDER who actually has a horticultural degree (I think... she told us she was a qualified landscaper) is Tash.

TheDarkLord said:

That's why I always opt for the lowbiscus. :D

Crankyfeet said:
I don't know... I don't have a stable of usernames ready and waiting for new forums. I was going to use clunkyfeet... then I thought that I didn't want to give myself away, if, by some chance, someone on there also frequented CF. And I couldn't think of anything... then it just sprung to mind. I don't think I am impersonating Bro. It's different enough I think... I hope.
I was referring to the usernames Bro takes when he wanders outside this forum - FlockOfBros, NoMoBro, Undercover Bro, etc...

Crankyfeet said:
I just got an idea for my next external forum username.

TheFarkLord ....
biggrin.gif

Is that too crass?
As long as you make it clear here that it is you and not me, I don't care. ;)

Edit: Although I would be surprised if people think that I would ever choose such a name..

TheDarkLord said:
As long as you make it clear here that it is you and not me, I don't care. ;)

Edit: Although I would be surprised if people think that I would ever choose such a name..
Yes... I know that swearing is considered highly rude in places like Sri Lanka for example....
biggrin.gif

Crankyfeet said:
Yes... I know that swearing is considered highly rude in places like Sri Lanka for example....
biggrin.gif
Well, you know better than me in that regard; so I shall just trust you there. ;)

TheDarkLord said:
They're used as patio plants here...and they won't get that big. And Crankster is right...they really just go dormant inside. You buy'em in the spring, put'em in a pot, pitch'em in October...

I don't know how big they might grow in South Florida though. I've seen huge ones in Mexico.

Malkmus said:
How did you solve the dust problem with the silk?
First, you have to really look at how you interpret the universe...I mean, is dust a problem? Or are you just accepting an imperialist patriarchal construct? The Buddha taught us that life is an illusion...dust is an illusion...Separate yourself from this illusion and you will truly be free...

nns1400 said:
They're used as patio plants here...and they won't get that big. And Crankster is right...they really just go dormant inside. You buy'em in the spring, put'em in a pot, pitch'em in October...

I don't know how big they might grow in South Florida though. I've seen huge ones in Mexico.
The ones in my neighbor's home (not here in Germany; back in my home) have grown about 10-15 feet tall because they didn't trim it at all.

TheDarkLord said:
The ones in my neighbor's home (not here in Germany; back in my home) have grown about 10-15 feet tall because they didn't trim it at all.
Wow...that would be cool. I've always wanted to be able to grow a gardenia here in the inhospitable Midwest...never had any luck with it. They have the best scent.

My mother had a huge one on the Gulf Coast, but I was never there when it was in bloom.

Crankyfeet said:
Yeah...I think she's kidding herself. Hibiscus plants need mountains of light. If you try to grow them indoors... they don't flower and half their leaves fall off and the rest go all sickly in my experience. And same with rhododendrons.

Coincidentally... the FIDDER who actually has a horticultural degree (I think... she told us she was a qualified landscaper) is Tash.
Yep...landscape designer is a bit more accurate. I'm not so into the labor...;) You shoulda seen me at 23 yo, 5 feet tall, running landscape crews of ex and future convicts...:D