This Forum is not dying

nns1400 said:
Yep...landscape designer is a bit more accurate. I'm not so into the labor...;) You shoulda seen me at 23 yo, 5 feet tall, running landscape crews of ex and future convicts...:D
You said you were 5 ft 1 ...
cool.gif
tongue.gif

Crankyfeet said:
You said you were 5 ft 1 ...
cool.gif
tongue.gif
Yes, okay, I do have an extra inch there...I was rounding...:rolleyes: Picky. That inch didn't make much difference when half these guys were over 6 feet...but my best friend always said I had a 6 foot tall personality, so it was okay... :p (Make that 6 ft 1)

TheDarkLord said:
BTW, I'm a bit surprised at the mention of hibiscus as an indoor plant. Those things grow really big (tree like) when they are outside.
My horticulture tip of the day . . . hibiscus can be groomed and thus grow in many different shapes/sizes, even as bushes.

I know nothing about gardening, but a little bit about hibiscus as I buy them every year for my outdoor planters on the deck. :)

Edit: did I really just make a serious post about plants, prompted by that stupid Vader thread? Oh my . . . . :eek:

nns1400 said:
ROTFLWTIME...
Looks to me like j is the perfect addition to the Vader horticulture thread. :D J, you need to sign up over there and start contributing in your spare time, lol!

nns1400 said:
They're used as patio plants here...and they won't get that big. And Crankster is right...they really just go dormant inside. You buy'em in the spring, put'em in a pot, pitch'em in October...

I don't know how big they might grow in South Florida though. I've seen huge ones in Mexico.
Yikes, here I go again. I have a neighbor right around the corner that has a huge bush, actually looks more like a small tree.

You can keep them inside and let them go dormant and then plant them outside again in the spring. They are expensive. But, that's too much trouble for me so I buy new every year too. :)

Ok, I think I'm done now. Please let me be done . . . :eek:

nns1400 said:
Wow...that would be cool. I've always wanted to be able to grow a gardenia here in the inhospitable Midwest...never had any luck with it. They have the best scent.

My mother had a huge one on the Gulf Coast, but I was never there when it was in bloom.
Here I go again . . . gardenia's are my very favorite. I love the scent. Those and white roses made up my wedding bouquet. :)

Here's a jman joke...

You can lead a ***** to culture but you can't make her think....

(better in the telling, writing it down kind of spoils it, but oh well)

And my favorite horticulture joke (really, there are so many :rolleyes: )

Definition of an organic gardener: one that sprays at night.... ;)

(sprays chemicals in case that doesn't make sense)

nns1400 said:
And my favorite horticulture joke (really, there are so many :rolleyes: )

Definition of an organic gardener: one that sprays at night.... ;)

(sprays chemicals in case that doesn't make sense)
In one of my weirdest coincidences of all time, I just finished watching King of the Hill...and it was about Hank & Peggy growing an organic garden. I've never even seen this one!! But she kept getting insects, so she sneaked out and sprayed it every night. :p And when she finally got caught, Hank told her they were garden cheaters now, and they might as well be doing steroids...

The guy that told Peggy to spray said, what do you think keeps termites from eating my deck? Love? LOL...

nns1400 said:
Here's a jman joke...

You can lead a ***** to culture but you can't make her think....

(better in the telling, writing it down kind of spoils it, but oh well)
One of my favorites:

"I Ham Sofa King We Todd Add"

Say it out loud several times.

thoughtforfood said:
One of my favorites:

"I Ham Sofa King We Todd Add"

Say it out loud several times.
I said it like a hundred times at different speeds and loudnesses and I still don't get it?...
confused.gif

Crankyfeet said:
I said it like a hundred times at different speeds and loudnesses and I still don't get it?...
confused.gif
Your neighbors will...

Actually, if you yell it at medium tempo, the results are better.

thoughtforfood said:
Your neighbors will...

Actually, if you yell it at medium tempo, the results are better...
I feel like I'm retarded or something... I STILL don't get it? What's the frickin joke?...
confused.gif

Crankyfeet said:
Isn't it obvious that it is a total **** take? Or is it just authentic enough to squeeze through the credibility filter? I think the "not being able to pass a nursery without buying a plant" helped somehow... maybe.

When that guy said that we sounded gay... I deliberately twisted the logic around in my reply... but he didn't seem to get it...
confused.gif

Anyway... it's fun... though now we have attracted some semi-experts (I can't believe they haven't blown us out of the water), it poses new challenges...
biggrin.gif

PS - I do hope Sharper Image are going out of business otherwise I might be sued for some of those Ionic Breeze comments....
redface.gif
I picked up on the twisted gay logic. That was a good one.

Crankyfeet said:
confused.gif
Open the windows and keep saying it. Medium tempo and loud.