This Forum is not dying

Geoff Vadar said:
I've been agitating for a 'Geoff Vadar dictatorship' in Australia since I was about 6 years old.
biggrin.gif

....I, like the lion, must remain in my place. While you like the wind will never know yours.....

I know I've read that somewhere but I cant quite remember who it was who valued that statement.

Oh well.

Sounds like Shaka Zulu

Damn j, why do I feel like your siggy line is a personal jab directed at me specifically? Does that mean I can't call myself a cyclist anymore? I just friggin' ride my bike at this point? You've written me off as a serious bike chick? Sigh . . . .

I did "go for a bike ride" this afternoon. I must say, the elliptical's been keeping me in better shape for riding than I would have thought. I wasn't as bad as I anticipated. Heck, I even passed a couple of people. So what that they were 80 years old and going 8 mph . . . :D (j/k on that part).

I'll tell you what . . . if you come and watch my kids for me and chauffeur them around to all their sports activities, then I can go ahead and give cycling that commitment you speak of, so I can again call myself a cyclist as opposed to a mere bike rider. ;)

:D

C'dale Girl said:
Damn j, why do I feel like your siggy line is a personal jab directed at me specifically? Does that mean I can't call myself a cyclist anymore? I just friggin' ride my bike at this point? You've written me off as a serious bike chick? Sigh . . . .

I did "go for a bike ride" this afternoon. I must say, the elliptical's been keeping me in better shape for riding than I would have thought. I wasn't as bad as I anticipated. Heck, I even passed a couple of people. So what that they were 80 years old and going 8 mph . . . :D (j/k on that part).

I'll tell you what . . . if you come and watch my kids for me and chauffeur them around to all their sports activities, then I can go ahead and give cycling that commitment you speak of, so I can again call myself a cyclist as opposed to a mere bike rider. ;)

Sure, I can do that. What brand of beer do they prefer?

jhuskey said:
Sure, I can do that. What brand of beer do they prefer?
Rootbeer!

If only we could bring Casa Jdog Resort, with the lake, mountains, boat, hot tub, sauna, etc. to my place . . . . hhhmmmm, maybe it's better if we bring the kids' activities to your place instead, and we all move in . . . how's the ice hockey down there? I imagine not that great . . . but, training on those mountains while you let my kids wreck your place in record time (because you're busy napping in the hammock) surely would make me a cyclist in lieu of a mere loser that rides a bike! :D

Cyclist make themselves. Sorry it is not an honorary title. Actually, as far as hockey, we have the Ice Bears in Knoxville and they have a decent fan base.

C'dale Girl said:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah but at the ripe old age of 9 my kid isn't exactly ready to play for them yet. I mean, he is good and all, but there might be some rules against that. :D

As soon as I keep him for a day or so and get him off that wuss-water rootbeer and get him some proper liquids he will come around a lot sooner and be ready to play with the big dogs. ;)

Lol, in more ways than one, huh? He's sweet on this little hottie now (I said she was pretty and he corrected me and informed me that she's not pretty; she's HOT). His first real crush where he's daydreaming about her all the time lol ...that makes me realize that I actually need to keep him FAR away from you or he'll end up another Hugh in the making. :p

jhuskey said:
As soon as I keep him for a day or so and get him off that wuss-water rootbeer and get him some proper liquids he will come around a lot sooner and be ready to play with the big dogs. ;)

You have to put bail money in escrow for him then...

nns1400 said:
You have to put bail money in escrow for him then...
lol . . .

You know that girl I mentioned he's hot for? Man does he have it BAD!!! The other day I was discussing wearing something to school for a field trip (totally geeky uniform shorts that I agree he shouldn't be caught dead in but we were discussing how hot it was going to be)and he responded (in a totally annoyed tone, that I was suggesting something totally dorkish) "Maahh-ahhhmm, I'm trying to haul one in here."

OMG, he's NINE!!!! Haul one in?????? :D He is is father's child!

Just got back from a weekend away with your mum again flyer.

She cant get enough of it. Absolutely shameless.

Bro Deal said:
There are a bunch of old CF members that left a long time ago. I recognize names of people who used to post here a couple of years ago.

Downside is a ridiculous word filter. It filters ass, ****, and butt. I have not checked tush, derriere, and bottom. It probably censors those too. In fact, you first sentence would have been posted as "Weak as ***." since **** is censored as well.

Also the people who run it do not seem to respond to any feedback. Must be an Australian thing. :p Is everyone in a position of authority down there drunk on the job?
Does it turn C**K into Rooster. That was freakin rediculous.

In the brush with fame category, Liz Hatch and most of VanderKitten came to our team's party after she raced Philly this weekend. It was like a dirty old man/bike geek feeding frenzy. People were even taking pictures of her top tube.