This forum should have its name changed...

Bro Deal said:
...to "Pro Cycling" so it is more accurately described. Just a thought.
I said the same thing on post #20 of the FID thread. The road racing forum is really about people asking questions about their own road racing. Not other pro road races.

I think your label Bro is short, sharp, to the point, and includes everything. And it allows Frigo to wax lyrical about Het Volk without stepping outside the forum category.

Come on Lim...we want to talk about those other couple of races too....outside the GT's.

So what's the feedback Lim? What do you think about a name change? "Pro Cycling" sounds good IMHO. All of us here follow races beyond the GT's. And the "Road Racing" forum has posts mainly from amateur road racers about their own racing questions.

I think the current title is long winded but too limiting. Technically if we talk about races other than the GT's, we've stepped out of the current forum heading.

Lim...I hope you haven't gone on vacation or something...maybe we should do a poll?

I've heard from the God of Cycling Forums that the suggested name change for our forum might be a New Year's resolution.;)

leave it as it is. it's not like the title has inhibited anyone from starting threads on classics or pro racing topics in the past.

slovakguy said:
leave it as it is. it's not like the title has inhibited anyone from starting threads on classics or pro racing topics in the past.
That's okay for long term members... who know that its a misnomer... but new members would be confused IMO if they wanted to start up a non-GT thread.

I can't see any downside in changing it to "Pro Cycling".

Crankyfeet said:
That's okay for long term members... who know that its a misnomer... but new members would be confused IMO if they wanted to start up a non-GT thread.

I can't see any downside in changing it to "Pro Cycling".
I really don't see the point of this discussion. The owner does not give a damn about this forum in the first place. Do you think he is going to go to the effort of changing forum names? :rolleyes: Or does Lim have the power to change the name?

TheDarkLord said:
I really don't see the point of this discussion. The owner does not give a damn about this forum in the first place. Do you think he is going to go to the effort of changing forum names? :rolleyes: Or does Lim have the power to change the name?
The owner has already PM'd me three months ago saying that it was good idea and that he will change the name after the software upgrade.

That was the last I have heard from him.

And this thread was only bumped into consciousness by that Doper guy who likes to act like a snickering child and tell people repeatedly, with serial killer-like messages, that every Pro dopes when everyone already knows that.

Crankyfeet said:
The owner has already PM'd me three months ago saying that it was good idea and that he will change the name after the software upgrade.

That was the last I have heard from him.
Ah! The software upgrade that is eternally "about to happen". Cranky, don't take this personally...this is a rant against Steve.

Crankyfeet said:
And this thread was only bumped into consciousness by that Doper guy who likes to act like a snickering child and tell people repeatedly, with serial killer-like messages, that every Pro dopes when everyone already knows that.
And the best way to battle the troll is to ignore him and not respond. Unless you see it as a sport of course. ;)

TheDarkLord said:
Ah! The software upgrade that is eternally "about to happen". Cranky, don't take this personally...this is a rant against Steve.

And the best way to battle the troll is to ignore him and not respond. Unless you see it as a sport of course. ;)
Well we kinda tried through about seven reincarnations of the twerp to rid ourselves of his psychotic rants... and he eventually left for six months when we revealed his real name, which he had revealed himself a few years ago as Flyer (Thomas Morris) and that he has been a 40 year Bigfoot hunter who keeps a large pooh in his house that he says must be a bigfoot pooh because it's too big for a bear...

Crankyfeet said:
Well we kinda tried through about seven reincarnations of the twerp to rid ourselves of his psychotic rants... and he eventually left when we revealed his real name (Thomas Morris) and that he has been a 40 year Bigfoot hunter who keeps a large pooh in his house that he says must be a bigfoot pooh because it's too big for a bear...
whoa, I missed this episode of the saga.

so can we now also expect the return of house/casa/....?

earth_dweller said:
whoa, I missed this episode of the saga.
I missed that too.

earth_dweller said:
so can we now also expect the return of house/casa/....?
Oh, he will come back sometime alright - when he gets over Helmut's beating, and the masochism returns to him...

The other interesting thing about trolls on global forums is... the guys near the troll's time zone (Bro, Edie, myself, NNS in this case) have to put up with the interruptions to the discussion etc. for hours... and often the guys in Europe for instance would just log on and go through the post sequences in a few minutes... and it could read like a funny, entertaining story. So different peoples can have differing opinions of a troll depending on when they post typically and when the troll posts. I have a friend in Asia who moderates a couple of forums, and he was telling me about this phenomena.

I also like to get a few digs at the twerp in while I can... before he is hopefully deleted/banned. I notice that Lim has already deleted a couple of his posts. I just have a thing for guys who fallaciously think they are 100% right all the time. Though I have followed PP's advice and stuck him on my ignore list for now. However I don't see what ignoring him will do... we have tried that before... there is always half the membership who will still respond, so you have to wade through that intercourse.

I think the "in your face" ridicule worked the best in terms of results six months ago. IP bans are what we need of course.

Crankyfeet said:
The other interesting thing about trolls on global forums is... the guys near the troll's time zone (Bro, Edie, myself, NNS in this case) have to put up with the interruptions to the discussion etc. for hours... and often the guys in Europe for instance would just log on and go through the post sequences in a few minutes... and it could read like a funny, entertaining story. So different peoples can have differing opinions of a troll depending on when they post typically and when the troll posts. I have a friend in Asia who moderates a couple of forums, and he was telling me about this phenomena.

I also like to get a few digs at the twerp in while I can... before he is hopefully deleted/banned. I notice that Lim has already deleted a couple of his posts. I just have a thing for guys who fallaciously think they are 100% right all the time. Though I have followed PP's advice and stuck him on my ignore list for now. However I don't see what ignoring him will do... we have tried that before... there is always half the membership who will still respond, so you have to wade through that intercourse.

I think the "in your face" ridicule worked the best in terms of results six months ago. IP bans are what we need of course.
Got to say that I was turned off when I saw all his posts last night. My first reaction was 'oh no, not again'. I do wonder why a person would do that over & over, when obviously he is not wanted (hey flyer or house, care to respond civilly why you keep coming back?)

What's the point of these types of posting? Yes, we know the cyclists dope, so now what? Shut down all boards. and then....

Don't get it.

Crankyfeet said:

Yes, but you cannot argue with this dude. Here is a sample conversation from http://www.cyclingforums.com/t-415623-15-2.html (regarding Contador and OP):

Doctor.House said:
Like Basso said--but would not do.

Contador has refused whenever asked by a Judge.

You quoted the Nike Pharmstorng liar line
lucybears said:
Has he ever been asked to provide a DNA sample by a judge ?
Doctor.House said:
Alberto Cantador's full name and initials (AC) appear on several occasions in these Puerto documents. (his name is mentioned re: performance race results on police recorded phone calls as well)

He was not ordered to by Antonio Serrano after his ten minute meeting.

Contador refuses to volunteer DNA to clear his name re: Puerto blood bags.

Yesterday the smart **** Contador asked to whom he should he give DNA samples to---the reporter who asked for them?
lucybears said:
What part of
"Has he ever been asked to provide a DNA sample by a judge ?"
did you not understand ?
Do you really want to subject yourself to such torture?