This group is so boring now

Anonymous

Guest
This used to be a really good group - lots of news, questions, and helpful answers. Now it is filled
with all this garbage about Dr,Chung -

He seems so helpful here so why don't the critics leave him alone and get a life. Or ask some
relevent questions, or something

David

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 22:37:53 -0500, David wrote
(in message <[email protected]>):

> This used to be a really good group - lots of news, questions, and helpful answers. Now it is
> filled with all this garbage about Dr,Chung -
>
> He seems so helpful here so why don't the critics leave him alone and get a life. Or ask some
> relevent questions, or something

Sorry you're bored... Here's a little poem for you from "Angel". Make sure you have a box of fresh
tissues before reading:

"Ode to non-christians"
by
Angel ([email protected])

> Have you been to the cross where the Lord Jesus suffered? Have you been to Calvary? Have you been
> to the place of redemption for sinners? Have you been to Calvary?
>
> It was there on Calvary God's dear Son lay down His life for you. While there's time, don't delay;
> Place your faith in Christ Jesus. Turn your eyes now to Calvary.
>
> You can seach, you can buy and try everything man-made, But it can not satisfy: It is Christ, only
> Christ who gives life more abundant, and he calls from Calvary.
>
> It was there on Calvary God's dear Son lay down His life for you. While there's time, don't delay;
> Place your faith in Christ Jesus. Turn your eyes now to Calvary.
>
> While the Spirit's clear voice can be heard softly pleading, Give your life to Jesus now: Trusting
> faith is the way to have life everlasting, And He calls from Calvary.
>
> It was there on Calvary God's dear Son lay down His life for you. While there's time, don't delay;
> Place your faith in Christ Jesus. Turn your eyes now to Calvary.

Brought a tear to my eye, I can tell you. If maudlin bathos isn't to your liking, there's also
comedy available: see Chung's recently forged FAQ Issue 3, FAQ Issue 3.1, and no doubt soon to be
forged FAQ Issue
3.2, 3.3, etc. They will bring tears of another type to your eyes.

I really can't understand why you are complaining... we have it all here in sci.med.christianity.

If your are interested in more intellectual discussions try anything from Carol T. For penetrating
commentary on our times and the latest news on the Rapture read The Junior Chung Ranger.

We also have a "medical advice" segment, hosted by our own Pastor Chung where you can glean such
pearls as: "Correct", "That would be wise", "Possibly", and of course "Please call me to set up an
appointment".

Then, there's Sports, from our own "Super Trainer to the Athletes" Mu. Mu also provides fast
breaking commentary from the Front Lines of Iraqi Prison Camps. He has a "punchy" style that
everyone comes to love.

Oh, and I almost for got the "Diet with the Doctor" segment, a light hearted (pardon the pun)
approach to dieting where you can eat anything you want as long as it's two pounds.

Then there's Drama: watch Chung "turn the other cheek"... this is particularly interesting because,
since Chung has so many faces, he has many cheeks.

Frankly, I can't understand how you could be bored. Maybe I'm just too easily entertained.

--
Steve

Who is the humblest person in the universe? According to Chung, God :) ROTFL! "I'm Humble!
Worship Me!"

Weeding the Lord's Vineyards Since 2003

> This used to be a really good group - lots of news, questions, and helpful answers. Now it is
> filled with all this garbage about Dr,Chung -
>
> He seems so helpful here so why don't the critics leave him alone and get a life.

LOW lives don;t want to get any life at all. They want NO life. But you could exercise your free
will in ignoring them.

FP
=====================

Or ask some relevent questions, or something

> David

I agree. This site used to be useful to those of us having heart troubles. It now is a pain.

--

hnm
Boulder, CO

news:[email protected]...
> This used to be a really good group - lots of news, questions, and
> helpful answers. Now it is filled with all this garbage about
Dr,Chung
> -
>
> He seems so helpful here so why don't the critics leave him alone and
> get a life. Or ask some relevent questions, or something
>
> David

> This used to be a really good group - lots of news, questions, and helpful answers. Now it is
> filled with all this garbage about
Dr,Chung

Hm, I would say it is now filled with 2PD diet. That several KB chunk of text is appended to almost
every chung's message.

I will not dispute Chung's credibility, christianity or anything else. But it is not wonder that
these message tails do irritate a lot of people especially when 'Mu' crossposts mosts messages to
and from a bunch of other forums. This is what causes real garbage here.

Mirek

> This used to be a really good group - lots of news, questions, and helpful answers. Now it is
> filled with all this garbage about Dr,Chung

Without chaff, there can be no wheat.

Without coal, there can be no diamonds.

> He seems so helpful here so why don't the critics leave him alone and get a life.

Truth has this effect on the untruthful.

> Or ask some relevent questions, or something
>
> David

David,

The following link should reassure you about God's strength:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?R11821D57

It's like a time capsule.

For fun, you should try the link at the bottom of this 7 year old post :)

Reading the Feedback section is also fun.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W3C323D57

"Mirek Fidler" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > This used to be a really good group - lots of news, questions, and helpful answers. Now it is
> > filled with all this garbage about
> Dr,Chung
>
> Hm, I would say it is now filled with 2PD diet. That several KB chunk of text is appended to
> almost every chung's message.

Only when appropriate.

> I will not dispute Chung's credibility, christianity or anything else.

Sounds like you too have the gift of truth discernment ;-)

> But it is not wonder that these message tails do irritate a lot of people

Truth has that effect on the untruthful.

> especially when 'Mu' crossposts mosts messages to and from a bunch of other forums.

I think you are confusing Mu with Bob (or Steve).

Alternatively, you have filtered out Bob (and Steve) but not Mu.

> This is what causes real garbage here.
>
> Mirek

The beauty about truth is that though the untruthful generate tons of garbage to suppress it, truth
is thusly amplified.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com/

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W3C323D57

"Mirek Fidler" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > This used to be a really good group - lots of news, questions, and helpful answers. Now it is
> > filled with all this garbage about
> Dr,Chung
>
> Hm, I would say it is now filled with 2PD diet. That several KB chunk of text is appended to
> almost every chung's message.
>
> I will not dispute Chung's credibility, christianity or anything else. But it is not wonder that
> these message tails do irritate a lot of people especially when 'Mu' crossposts mosts messages to
> and from a bunch of other forums. This is what causes real garbage here.

The real cause of the garbage is that people refuse to exercise their own free will. Each of us has
a free will either to accept or reject, to agree or to disagree. And that is what a democratic
society is about.

FP
=======================================

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

>>This used to be a really good group - lots of news, questions, and helpful answers. Now it is
>>filled with all this garbage about Dr,Chung
>
> Without chaff, there can be no wheat.
>
> Without coal, there can be no diamonds.

Without ********, there will be no fertilizer.

Chung has practiced some of the most vile, deceitful, hurtful and dishonest behaviors I've ever seen
online. Any criticism he gets, he earns. Any disapproval he gets, he earns. Any exposure of his
deliberately malicious dealings he gets, he earns.

Chung is the source, the reason and the stimulus for the continuation of it.

Bob

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> "Mirek Fidler" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]
> berlin.de>...
>
>>>This used to be a really good group - lots of news, questions, and helpful answers. Now it is
>>>filled with all this garbage about Dr,Chung
>>
>>Hm, I would say it is now filled with 2PD diet. That several KB chunk of text is appended to
>>almost every chung's message.
>
> Only when appropriate.

<LOL> "Appropriate" in Chungese means "whenever anyone disagrees with me about anything. Or
who picks on my fragile "friend" M_unshine. or any other time I think I can stifle the talk
around here."

>>I will not dispute Chung's credibility, christianity or anything else.
>
> Sounds like you too have the gift of truth discernment ;-)

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH

Poor lackwit Chung didn't get it. <LOL>

Mirek means that any of those disputes would be fruitless to pursue. Most people would probably
agree with the additional observation that they've already been demonstrated to be spurious.

>>But it is not wonder that these message tails do irritate a lot of people
>
> Truth has that effect on the untruthful.

So does mindless repetition with the intents to fill the NG's with diversions and lies.

>>especially when 'Mu' crossposts mosts messages to and from a bunch of other forums.
>
> I think you are confusing Mu with Bob (or Steve).

No. Doesn't look like it. Chung and Mu_nderwear crosspost "for convenience" of others. And to try to
embarrass others by posting things in groups unconcerned with the discourse at hand. I especially
like that capital letters thing that Mu_mmy does - TROLL. It truly makes me laugh out loud. POOR
DELUSIONAL CHUNG AND TROLLING MU_MPS.

> Alternatively, you have filtered out Bob (and Steve) but not Mu.

Bwahahahahaha...

"Filtered out Mu..." That same Mu_nchkin who changes his handle several times a day to avoid
such filtering? Or Chung who has used at least 4 different addys recently, obviously for the
same purpose.

>>This is what causes real garbage here.
>>
>>Mirek

> The beauty about truth is that though the untruthful generate tons of garbage to suppress it,
> truth is thusly amplified.

<LOL> "Suppress truth" online... <LOL> Poor Chung is starting to believe his own shallow propaganda.
As for tons of garbage, it looks like only Chung uses that mindless macro approach these days.
Garbage, indeed...

<LOL>

Poor self-deluded Chung.

Bob

Bob wrote:

> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
>

> >>This used to be a really good group - lots of news, questions, and helpful answers. Now it is
> >>filled with all this garbage about Dr,Chung
> >
> > Without chaff, there can be no wheat.
> >
> > Without coal, there can be no diamonds.
>
> <profanities snipped>
>
> Bob

You poor guy.

You remain in my prayers.

Andrew

--

Bob wrote:

> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
>
> > "Mirek Fidler" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]
> > berlin.de>...

> >>Hm, I would say it is now filled with 2PD diet. That several KB chunk of text is appended to
> >>almost every chung's message.
> >
> > Only when appropriate.
>
> <hiss>

Truth has this effect on the untruthful.

> >>I will not dispute Chung's credibility, christianity or anything else.
> >
> > Sounds like you too have the gift of truth discernment ;-)
>
> <hiss>

Poor, humorless Bob.

> >>But it is not wonder that these message tails do irritate a lot of people
> >
> > Truth has that effect on the untruthful.
>
> <hiss>

Point proven.

> >>especially when 'Mu' crossposts mosts messages to and from a bunch of other forums.
> >
> > I think you are confusing Mu with Bob (or Steve).
>
> <hiss>
>
> > Alternatively, you have filtered out Bob (and Steve) but not Mu.
>
> <hiss>

Again, truth has this effect on the untruthful. Ironically, the untruthful can't help themselves.

> >>This is what causes real garbage here.
> >>
> >>Mirek
>
> > The beauty about truth is that though the untruthful generate tons of garbage to suppress it,
> > truth is thusly amplified.
>
> <hiss sputter hiss hiss>
>
> Bob

You poor guy.

You remain in my prayers, neighbor.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com/

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W3C323D57

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> Bob wrote:
>
>>Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
>>
>>>"Mirek Fidler" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]
>>>berlin.de>...

>>>Only when appropriate.
>>
>><hiss>

"Appropriate" for a low enough value of "truthful."

> Truth has this effect on the untruthful.

<LOL> Chung does non sequiturs better than slippery politicians.

>>>Sounds like you too have the gift of truth discernment ;-)
>>
>><hiss>

<LOL> Poor fuddled Chung thinks it's a compliment. Bwahahahaha

> Poor, humorless Bob.

Not a bit of it. I laugh at Chung's preposterous antics daily. With hilarity like this, no need ot
watch the Comedy Channel. They just tell true stories. Where else can one get laughs, clumsy fiction
and a picture of a guy looking into a mirror that distorts everything. Simultaneously. The funniest
show online, I tell ya...

>>>Truth has that effect on the untruthful.
>>
>><hiss>

I would guess that all this <hissing> does, too. Perhaps someone could offer One-Track Chung some
new expressions to substitute for his tired <hiss>.

> Point proven.

The logic is exquisite. Chung deletes the words and then says that the deleted words prove
something. <LOL>

>>>I think you are confusing Mu with Bob (or Steve).
>>
>><hiss>

Bob and Steve reply to crossposts. Mu_licious starts them. See the difference?

>>>Alternatively, you have filtered out Bob (and Steve) but not Mu.
>>
>><hiss>

<LOL> The funniest one yet. Both Slip-Slide Chung and M_ultiple P_ersonalities change their names to
evade filtration. <LOL> This business of accusing others of their own behaviors is too funny. The
essence of hypocrisy.

> Again, truth has this effect on the untruthful. Ironically, the untruthful can't help themselves.

Seems like it. Like Reply-To-Every-Post Chung. Must... reply... to... any... post... that... I
don't... like...

Must...

MUST...

>>>The beauty about truth is that though the untruthful generate tons of garbage to suppress it,
>>>truth is thusly amplified.
>>
>><hiss sputter hiss hiss>

words of others. And they attach an irrelevant and lie-filled macro to "offensive" posts. That's how
they generate tons of garbage.

Poor self-deceived Chung

Bob

Bob wrote:

> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
>
> > Bob wrote:

> >><hiss>
>
> <hiss>
>
> > Truth has this effect on the untruthful.
>
> <hiss>

> >><hiss>
> <maniacal laughter>
>
> > Poor, humorless Bob.
>
> <hiss>

> >><hiss>
>
> <hiss>
>
> > Point proven.
>
> <hiss>

> >><hiss>
>
> <hiss>

> >><hiss>
>
> <hiss>
>
> > Again, truth has this effect on the untruthful. Ironically,
> > the untruthful can't help themselves.
> <hiss sputter hiss hiss>

> >><hiss sputter hiss hiss>
>
> <hiss>
>
> Bob

You poor guy.

You remain in my prayers, neighbor.

FYI Note: I am aware that I am responding to a cross-posted message. Because the author of the
message to which I am responding did not request that the header be trimmed, I have not trimmed it.
If you are upset about reading this message, a few suggestions:

(1) Yell at Bob
(2) Report Bob to his ISP
(3) Killfile this thread.
(4) Killfile me.
(5) Read about free speech.

Bob's pathological obsessions are related to the 2 pound diet approach (2PD) which is described
completely at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

Though Dr. Chung invented this approach, he did not initiate the Usenet discussion(s). His
participation in this discussion(s) has been voluntary and has been conducted in the spirit of
community service. His motivation has been entirely altruistic and has arisen from his religious
beliefs as a Christian. Jesus freely gave of Himself to better the health of folks He touched:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/healer.asp

From the outset, it has been clear that there are those who are vehemently opposed to the 2 pound
diet approach. They have debated Dr. Chung on every perceived weakness of the 2 pound diet approach
and have lost the argument soundly at every point:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtlossfaqs.asp

These debates are archived on Google in their entirety within this discussion thread(s).

However, instead of conceding gracefully that they've lost the argument(s), certain parties have
redirected their hatred of the 2 pound diet approach toward its author. The rationale appears to be
"if you can not discredit the message then try to discredit the messenger."

Initially, these folks accused the messenger of "trolling." A "troll" is someone who posts under the
cloak of anonymity messages with no redeeming discussion value and with the sole purpose of starting
"flame" wars.

These hateful folks lost credibility with this accusation when the following observations were made:

(6) Dr. Chung has not been posting anonymously.
(7) The 2PD has been on-topic for the Usenet discussion groups hosting the discussion(s).
(a) Those who are failing low-carbing can dovetail LC with the 2PD to achieve near-
ideal weight.
(b) Obese diabetics improve their blood glucose control when their weight becomes near-ideal.
(c) For (b) see: http://makeashorterlink.com/?V5D042C47
(3) Dr. Chung did not start the discussion(s).
(4) The 2 pound diet approach is 100% free (no profit motive).
(5) Dr. Chung's credentials are real and easily verified on-line (including jpegs of the actual
diplomas).

Full of hatred, frustration, and desperation, certain individuals have tried to attack Dr. Chung's
credentials knowing full well that they were attempting to libel him. One notable example is Mr. Bob
"raging and self-confident" Pastorio:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/libel.asp

When the full light was cast on Mr. Pastorio's libelous statements, the hateful folks hiding in the
darkness of anonymity only hissed louder in support of their fallen hero.

Fortunately, those who have been following this discussion(s) either actively or as lurkers can
easily dismiss the hisses, for what they are, using the on-line third-party resources at:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/profile.asp

where Dr. Chung's credentials can be verified many times over and libelous claims that credentials
were bought are easily and summarily debunked.

Moreover, readers need only make the following observations concerning the anon posters who continue
to hiss (ie JC Der Koenig and Mack):

(6) They are anonymous and thus they expect to have no credibility (or accountability).
(7) They are by their Usenet history courtesy of Google, unsavory characters.
(8) They have not added anything to the discussion(s) except to deliver one-sided insults.
(9) They complain about alleged cross-posts from Dr. Chung by cross-posting.
(10) They do not complain about cross-posts from folks who attack the 2PD or its author.

and conclude that these anon posters deserve only their kill file.

It is my hope that the above brings new readers of this thread up to speed.

It will remain my pleasure to continue the discussion(s) about the 2PD above the din of hissing from
the peanut gallery.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com/

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?N13D32F57

In article <[email protected]>,

>This used to be a really good group - lots of news, questions, and helpful answers. Now it is
>filled with all this garbage about Dr,Chung -
>
>He seems so helpful here so why don't the critics leave him alone and get a life. Or ask some
>relevent questions, or something
>
>David

You are absolutely correct. I have followed this group for perhaps eight years and it has
degenerated terribly. A moderator is needed.
Dr. Chung should not allow himself to be baited so easily by all the trolls. Rule #1 for any good
usenet group is DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS. As far as I can tell Dr. Chung's responses to serious
questions are serious responses out of mainstream cardiology. That is all that should matter. If
you don't care for the non-medical aspects of his posts just ignore them.

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:56:06 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Jerome R.
Long) wrote (in part):

>As far as I can tell Dr. Chung's responses to serious questions are serious responses out of
>mainstream cardiology.

Many of Dr. Chung's responses to serious questions are serious responses out of mainstream
cardiology. Unfortunately, some of Dr. Chung's responses to serious questions are serious responses
that are very far from mainstream cardiology, and some are just plain wrong.

Mr. Long, the operative phrase in the portion of your very nicely stated and well-intended post that
I copied above is "As far as I can tell..." You see, you cannot "tell" when Dr. Chung is far off
the mark - and therein lies the danger.

smn

Stephen M. Nagler, M.D.

"Jerome R. Long" wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,

> >This used to be a really good group - lots of news, questions, and helpful answers. Now it is
> >filled with all this garbage about Dr,Chung -
> >
> >He seems so helpful here so why don't the critics leave him alone and get a life. Or ask some
> >relevent questions, or something
> >
> >David
>
> You are absolutely correct. I have followed this group for perhaps eight years and it has
> degenerated terribly. A moderator is needed.

God has been moderating here :)

> Dr. Chung should not allow himself to be baited so easily by all the trolls.

Doesn't seem like the "trolls" are having an easy time of it.

> Rule #1 for any good usenet group is DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

I like God's approach better.

> As far as I can tell Dr. Chung's responses to serious questions are serious responses out of
> mainstream cardiology.

They are.

> That is all that should matter.

You would think.

> If you don't care for the non-medical aspects of his posts just ignore them.

Correct.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com/

**
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?G1BB12C67

Is this spam?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

"Stephen Nagler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:56:06 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Jerome R. Long) wrote (in part):
>
> >As far as I can tell Dr. Chung's responses to serious questions are serious responses out of
> >mainstream cardiology.

> Many of Dr. Chung's responses to serious questions are serious responses out of mainstream
> cardiology. Unfortunately, some of Dr. Chung's responses to serious questions are serious
>
> Mr. Long, the operative phrase in the portion of your very nicely stated and well-intended post
> that I copied above is "As far as I can tell..." You see, you cannot "tell" when Dr. Chung is
> far off the mark - and therein lies the danger.
>
> smn

Do you have examples of responses regarding cardiology - i.e. not diet and not religion - that are
"just plain wrong?"

Bill

Bill wrote:

> "Stephen Nagler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:56:06 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Jerome R. Long) wrote (in part):
> >
> > >As far as I can tell Dr. Chung's responses to serious questions are serious responses out of
> > >mainstream cardiology.

> > Many of Dr. Chung's responses to serious questions are serious responses out of mainstream
> > cardiology. Unfortunately, some of Dr. Chung's responses to serious questions are serious
> >
> > Mr. Long, the operative phrase in the portion of your very nicely stated and well-intended post
> > that I copied above is "As far as I can tell..." You see, you cannot "tell" when Dr. Chung
> > is far off the mark - and therein lies the danger.
> >
> > smn
> >

> Do you have examples of responses regarding cardiology - i.e. not diet and not religion - that are
> "just plain wrong?"
>
> Bill

The truthful answer for retired-surgeon Nagler should be "no."

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com/

**
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?G1BB12C67

Is this spam?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

>Do you have examples of responses regarding cardiology - i.e. not diet and not religion - that are
>"just plain wrong?"

Well, Bill, both diet and religion impact the heart greatly - but that aside ...

Just off-hand I recall a recent incident where an individual was concerned about sensitivity to
lidocaine in terms of her cardiac status - and Dr. Chung's doses were off five-fold. It is highly
likely that there are other incidents of incorrect doses and incorrect meds, but I am not a
cardiologist - so I wouldn't know for certain. And Dr. Chung has chased off all the cardiological
types who *would* know. What's he afraid of? Being wrong? There's no shame in being wrong. There's
only shame in not acknowledging it and trying to correct the error.

smn