this is gonna suck!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Clydesdalemtb, Apr 10, 2003.

  1. all bundled up for my bike first commute into work. Check www/weatehr.com.... it's only 21°F out!
    sh!t better add another layer.. where teh h&ll is my balaclava!?!?!?

    Tags:

  2. Martees

    Martees Guest

    > all bundled up for my bike first commute into work. Check www/weatehr.com.... it's only 21°F out!
    > sh!t better add another layer.. where teh h&ll is my balaclava!?!?!?

    I wish I could commute by bike once in awhile. I'd have to buy a "proper" road bike though. It's
    about 30 miles to work which seems over the edge for me on a mtb.

    Marty

  3. ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
    > all bundled up for my bike first commute into work. Check www/weatehr.com.... it's only 21°F out!
    > sh!t better add another layer.. where teh h&ll is my balaclava!?!?!?

    Chicken:)

    I commute to work all year round (rain/snow/sun/whatever) many days in the winter it sucks to get
    out but once I get going it's not so bad a when I arrive it has allways been a good thing.

    The worst days are when it's raining and the temprature is around freezing, like now, but the really
    cold days with lots of wind and tempratures at -15°C are also somewhat of a challenge.

    Kind regards

    Bruno

  4. Tj

    Tj Guest

    If your toes get cold. I used to put my feet in plastic bags to keep them warm.

    TJ

  5. "Martees" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > all bundled up for my bike first commute into work. Check www/weatehr.com.... it's only 21°F
    > > out! sh!t better add another layer.. where teh h&ll is my balaclava!?!?!?

    > I wish I could commute by bike once in awhile. I'd have to buy a "proper" road bike though. It's
    > about 30 miles to work which seems over the edge
    for
    > me on a mtb.

    Well, I'm cheating and using my CycloCross bike with the slicks (gotta preserve those precious
    knobbies for the spring 'Cross season ;-)

    I was feeling pretty spanky so I took the "long way, with extra hills" was all told just shy of 14
    miles, took just under an hour. With my current gearing, I spin-out (my top cadence is only 110 ;-)
    up around 28-30 Mi/Hr.

    Had my first equiptment failure this morning!

    Nothing major just the band-clamp (on the bars) on my Trek Fusion:C computer broke. First time I
    went to press the button to change modes and the plastic snapped. Could been the extreme cold (low
    20's F°) or I had the clamp too tight, or a combination of the two... I'll talk to my bud @ the LBS
    about it on my ride home tonight, but it's a grey area to be sure... If he say's "No, it's not a
    warranyt issue" I won't push it with him, as I did kinda crank down on the binder-bolt last night
    because it was moving around on me while tryingot make some settings. soulda just reorted to s smear
    of Tubasti rather than a screwdriver

    --
    John G. (Outlook sucks!)

  6. John G

    John G Guest

    TJ wrote:
    > If your toes get cold. I used to put my feet in plastic bags to keep them warm.

    No need to worry, I have Woolie Boolie socks, and Sidi Storm shoes

  7. Tim Reed

    Tim Reed Guest

    On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, ClydesdaleMTB wrote:

    > all bundled up for my bike first commute into work. Check www/weatehr.com.... it's only 21=B0F
    > out! sh!t better add another layer.. where teh h&ll is my balaclava!?!?!?

    I get rain... this afternoon (and the bike is outside). :( It was warm and partly cloudy this
    morning, and nobody was predicting rain.

    -Tim