this is life!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Bird, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Bird

    Bird Guest

    I am looking at the upcoming weekend with dread. Two big challenges.
    1.) dinner party I am hosting for 8 Fri night
    2.) valentines dinner out with DH Sat. night I know one trick to avoid the calories such as diluting
    wine with club soda. Yuck! why do that to a perfectly good wine!!! But it is planning it all out
    that will make or break me. Desserts are very easy for me to pass on but I hate to offend the
    person bringing the dessert. Well tough, she is skinny!!! Appetizers too are easy for me to skip.
    PORTION CONTROL. That's it. I will limit how much I eat and load up on veggies. OK, I feel better.
    Unfortunately, I have also missed a couple work outs so I will have to squeeze an at home video in
    to compensate. I will definately need my activity points. Forgive the rambling, my coffee hasn't
    kicked in yet! Bird need to lose 44# Happy Valentine's Day

    Tags:

  2. Sounds like a busy weekend with the dinner parties. Just do the best you can and remember that it's
    only two days. Load up on veggies and use those flex points if you need to. Good luck!

    Brenda

    "bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am looking at the upcoming weekend with dread. Two big challenges.
    > 1.) dinner party I am hosting for 8 Fri night
    > 2.) valentines dinner out with DH Sat. night I know one trick to avoid the calories such as
    > diluting wine with club
    soda.
    > Yuck! why do that to a perfectly good wine!!! But it is planning it all out that will make or
    > break me. Desserts are very easy for me to pass on but I hate to offend the person bringing the
    > dessert. Well tough, she is skinny!!! Appetizers too are easy for me to skip. PORTION CONTROL.
    > That's it. I will limit how much I eat and load up on veggies. OK, I
    feel
    > better. Unfortunately, I have also missed a couple work outs so I will
    have
    > to squeeze an at home video in to compensate. I will definately need my activity points. Forgive
    > the rambling, my coffee hasn't kicked in yet! Bird need to lose 44# Happy Valentine's Day

  3. Connie

    Connie Guest

    What a good plan! Why don't you try having 1/2 a glass of wine instead of diluting it. No use
    ruining good wine!!!

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/204/155 RAFL 210.5/204/198.5

    bird wrote:
    > I am looking at the upcoming weekend with dread. Two big challenges.
    > 1.) dinner party I am hosting for 8 Fri night
    > 2.) valentines dinner out with DH Sat. night I know one trick to avoid the calories such as
    > diluting wine with club soda. Yuck! why do that to a perfectly good wine!!! But it is planning
    > it all out that will make or break me. Desserts are very easy for me to pass on but I hate to
    > offend the person bringing the dessert. Well tough, she is skinny!!! Appetizers too are easy for
    > me to skip. PORTION CONTROL. That's it. I will limit how much I eat and load up on veggies. OK,
    > I feel better. Unfortunately, I have also missed a couple work outs so I will have to squeeze an
    > at home video in to compensate. I will definately need my activity points. Forgive the rambling,
    > my coffee hasn't kicked in yet! Bird need to lose 44# Happy Valentine's Day

  4. sounds like you have it all under control, good for you and good luck, Lee
    bird <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am looking at the upcoming weekend with dread. Two big challenges.
    > 1.) dinner party I am hosting for 8 Fri night
    > 2.) valentines dinner out with DH Sat. night I know one trick to avoid the calories such as
    > diluting wine with club
    soda.
    > Yuck! why do that to a perfectly good wine!!! But it is planning it all out that will make or
    > break me. Desserts are very easy for me to pass on but I hate to offend the person bringing the
    > dessert. Well tough, she is skinny!!! Appetizers too are easy for me to skip. PORTION CONTROL.
    > That's it. I will limit how much I eat and load up on veggies. OK, I
    feel
    > better. Unfortunately, I have also missed a couple work outs so I will
    have
    > to squeeze an at home video in to compensate. I will definately need my activity points. Forgive
    > the rambling, my coffee hasn't kicked in yet! Bird need to lose 44# Happy Valentine's Day

  5. Bird

    Bird Guest

    how do you do that Connie?
    Bird
    "Connie" <[email protected]_primus.ca> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_primus.ca...
    > What a good plan! Why don't you try having 1/2 a glass of wine instead of diluting it. No use
    > ruining good wine!!!
    >
    > --
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Connie Walsh
    >
    > 241.5/204/155 RAFL 210.5/204/198.5
    >
    > bird wrote:
    > > I am looking at the upcoming weekend with dread. Two big challenges.
    > > 1.) dinner party I am hosting for 8 Fri night
    > > 2.) valentines dinner out with DH Sat. night I know one trick to avoid the calories such as
    > > diluting wine with club
    soda.
    > > Yuck! why do that to a perfectly good wine!!! But it is planning it
    all
    > > out that will make or break me. Desserts are very easy for me to pass on but I hate to offend
    > > the person bringing the dessert. Well tough, she is skinny!!! Appetizers too are easy for me to
    > > skip. PORTION CONTROL. That's it. I will limit how much I eat and load up on veggies. OK, I
    feel
    > > better. Unfortunately, I have also missed a couple work outs so I will
    have
    > > to squeeze an at home video in to compensate. I will definately need my activity points. Forgive
    > > the rambling, my coffee hasn't kicked in yet! Bird need to lose 44# Happy Valentine's Day

  6. Connie

    Connie Guest

    ask for 1/2 a glass only...or share with hubby!!

    Connie