This Is My New Baby.... with Fenders!

SierraSlim

Oct 4, 2010
[COLOR= #0000ff]Hey, y'all.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Some buddies have told me that they never saw my post where I displayed my new bike a couple weeks ago. So, since she's now wearing new fenders, I'll try it again -- and this time put it in this forum, where they usually seem to find my posts, lol. Here she is.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]I wish the cables around the bars weren't so conspicuous. And I just noticed her rear fender isn't level! Oh, Honeyyyyy.... [/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff][/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Do you think her basket is too big for her? I'm wondering....[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff][/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Maybe not; from this angle it doesn't look so bad. But I'm noticing again how her spokes are sticking out too far past the little metal thingie. I've already pointed it out to Dear Hubby. He says they're 'hard to cut," and that they won't show when she gets her rack. But Sierra has sharp eyes sometimes.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff][/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]I wish the brake levers were a little closer to the grips; is there a way to fix that? I do think the grips are pretty, though. And they match....[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff][/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff].... her saddle! I think it's pretty, but it isn't comfortable for me, even as far down as Hubby has tilted it in the top photos. So I'm saddle-shopping.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff][/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Speaking of shopping, I can't wait to get her skirt guard and rack. Gee.... this is almost as fun as dressing my dollies when I was a kid, lol. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/redface.gif[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Well, that's my baby. I haven't even named her yet! But thanks for looking. I'm a proud Mama.[/COLOR]

For now you can call her Les Miserables./img/vbsmilies/smilies/rolleyes.gif

The levers should be adjustable, there is a screw that moves them closer, you need to readjust the
brakes after wards. Maybe they just need to be turned so the lever is higher. I like mine out in
front so to speak,

I won't comment on the fenders. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/duck.gif

[COLOR= #0000ff]Hi, Dave.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Unfortunately, for now you're right. But I'm working on it....[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Brad,[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]I had not noticed the little screw thingie. Thanks for that; I'll see if Reluctant Hubby can be wheedled into playing with it. If all else fails, I GUESS I could actually -- gasp -- look in a toolbox and see what a screwdriver really looks like up close. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/redface.gif Maybe if I can't ride her I can at least work on her, lol.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Sierra[/COLOR]

Sierra, I know it's kind of hard for you to get to the shop where you bought the bike, but you really need to take it to them to get the minor issues resolved (brake lever adjustment), and the major one (the saddle). You'll be much happier riding then. If the brake levers that came with the bike don't have adjustments (they should), then talk to the shop about switching them out for some Shimano levers that do (even the inexpensive Shimano levers that came on my kids' bikes years ago were adjustable). Cheers, Steve

[COLOR= #0000ff]Hey, Steve.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]We are definitely planning to go to the bike shop as soon as it will stop raining for at least a day. I could go ahead and talk to them about the saddle and the bars, even with it raining, but it's so far away I would like to get to discuss the mounting issue with them, too, and we'll probably have to go outside for that. But we're going there soon.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]And I'll talk to them about the brake levers, though I'm wondering if the bars being closer will make them feel easier to reach for me; dunno. But it's good to know that adjustable ones are cheap, if these can't be. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Thanks for the help![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Sierra[/COLOR]

Sierra as far as those fender spokes as you call them the only way to cut them is with a hack saw and yes your husband is right they are hard to cut. If they really bug you mark them with tape and then remove them put them in a vice and cut them with a hack saw.

Nice bike and the basket is just the right size.