This is ridiculous

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Ctg, Jun 18, 2003.

  1. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

    Thurs Scattered Thunderstorms High: 72 Low: 60

    Fri Showers High: 73 Low: 60

    Sat Showers High: 74 Low: 60

    Sun Few Showers High: 76 Low: 61

    Chris

    Tags:

  2. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:09:09 GMT, "ctg" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thurs Scattered Thunderstorms High: 72 Low: 60
    >
    >Fri Showers High: 73 Low: 60
    >
    >Sat Showers High: 74 Low: 60
    >
    >Sun Few Showers High: 76 Low: 61
    >
    >Chris

    ....god's got a sick sense of humor.

    :-]

  3. Botchka

    Botchka Guest

    On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:09:09 GMT, ctg wrote:

    > Thurs Scattered Thunderstorms High: 72 Low: 60
    >
    > Fri Showers High: 73 Low: 60
    >
    > Sat Showers High: 74 Low: 60
    >
    > Sun Few Showers High: 76 Low: 61
    >
    > Chris

    You're gonna let a little rain get in your way?
    --
    "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking." -- Steven Wright

  4. Brian

    Brian Guest

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:03:26 -0500, botchka <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:09:09 GMT, ctg wrote:
    >

    >> Thurs Scattered Thunderstorms High: 72 Low: 60
    >>
    >> Fri Showers High: 73 Low: 60
    >>
    >> Sat Showers High: 74 Low: 60
    >>
    >> Sun Few Showers High: 76 Low: 61
    >>
    >> Chris
    >
    >You're gonna let a little rain get in your way?

    I'm not a very experienced biker but all of the rain in Maryland has made it hard for me to get far
    on some of the harder trails. Everything is so damn muddy!

    --Brian

  5. Fredzep

    Fredzep Guest

    "ctg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Thurs Scattered Thunderstorms High: 72 Low: 60
    >
    > Fri Showers High: 73 Low: 60
    >
    > Sat Showers High: 74 Low: 60
    >
    > Sun Few Showers High: 76 Low: 61
    >
    > Chris

    I can't bitch about the rain because I bitched way to much about the drought and have resolved
    myself to road rides until things dry up.

    Fredzep
    --
    "Gravity is a harsh misstress" The Tick

  6. Ken

    Ken Guest

    "ctg" <[email protected]> wrote in news:Fa7Ia.1927$Ry3.1341406 @monger.newsread.com:
    > Scattered Thunderstorms Showers Showers Few Showers

    The song says "it never rains in Southern California" and that is almost true. Now you now why
    everyone wants to live there.

  7. Raptor

    Raptor Guest

    ctg wrote:
    > Thurs Scattered Thunderstorms High: 72 Low: 60
    >
    > Fri Showers High: 73 Low: 60
    >
    > Sat Showers High: 74 Low: 60
    >
    > Sun Few Showers High: 76 Low: 61
    >
    > Chris

    Send some of that our way. We can deal with the inclement weather if it means water in the ground
    and reservoirs.

  8. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "ctg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Thurs Scattered Thunderstorms High: 72 Low: 60
    >
    > Fri Showers High: 73 Low: 60
    >
    > Sat Showers High: 74 Low: 60
    >
    > Sun Few Showers High: 76 Low: 61
    >
    > Chris

    It could be worse, maybe something like:

    Thurs: Scattered Showers, cold. High: 10C Low: - 2C

    Fri: Scattered Showers and Snow to 1000ft, cold. High: 6C Low:-2C

    Sat: Snow to 800ft, cold. High:5C Low:-5C

    --
    Westie - I hate winter.

  9. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

    "botchka" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:09:09 GMT, ctg wrote:

    > You're gonna let a little rain get in your way?
    > --
    > "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking." -- Steven Wright

    The trails that see regular use are rapidly turning to shit due to people who aren't letting rain
    get in the way.

    Chris

  10. Botchka

    Botchka Guest

    On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:49:13 GMT, ctg wrote:

    > The trails that see regular use are rapidly turning to shit due to people who aren't letting rain
    > get in the way.
    >
    > Chris
    Ah...tis true. The days when I was the only one riding on my local trails are long gone. Kudos to
    you Chris! Greg

    --
    "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking." -- Steven Wright

  11. Technician

    Technician Guest

    ctg <[email protected]> spoke thusly...

    > "botchka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:09:09 GMT, ctg wrote:
    >
    > > You're gonna let a little rain get in your way?
    > > --
    > > "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking." -- Steven Wright
    >
    > The trails that see regular use are rapidly turning to shit due to people who aren't letting rain
    > get in the way.
    >
    > Chris

    Not so much that, but people who care nothing for the trails. when i rode on wet trails, i knew what
    sections would be too soft to ride, and what sections would be fine. if it was too soft, i walked
    it. i didn't leave any ruts, unless you count the tread pattern left in some of the spots that were
    firm, save for a soft 1/4" layer on top.

    But i see lots of ruts by bikes, and i have seen at least 3 riders that ride ruts into mud. none
    of which could see the error in their ways when confronted. two were riding Next bikes, the
    other was riding a M__ (something, MGX, MXG maybe). and we do have a name for them types of
    folks now don't we.
    --
    ~Travis

    http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

  12. Jimbo

    Jimbo Guest

    Ken wrote:

    > The song says "it never rains in Southern California" and that is almost true. Now you now why
    > everyone wants to live there.

    Ummmm no... I'll live with the rain... Like the song means... it is always a drought in Soutrhern
    California I'm not too hot on earthquakes, mudslides and pollution ;-P

    Jimbo...Hurricanes, rain and pollution....(san)

  13. Botchka

    Botchka Guest

    On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 08:56:26 -0400, Technician wrote:

    > ctg <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    >>
    >> "botchka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >>> On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:09:09 GMT, ctg wrote:
    >>
    >>> You're gonna let a little rain get in your way?
    >>> --
    >>> "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking." -- Steven Wright
    >>
    >> The trails that see regular use are rapidly turning to shit due to people who aren't letting rain
    >> get in the way.
    >>
    >> Chris
    >>

    > Not so much that, but people who care nothing for the trails. when i rode on wet trails, i knew
    > what sections would be too soft to ride, and what sections would be fine. if it was too soft, i
    > walked it. i didn't leave any ruts, unless you count the tread pattern left in some of the spots
    > that were firm, save for a soft 1/4" layer on top.
    >
    > But i see lots of ruts by bikes, and i have seen at least 3 riders that ride ruts into mud. none
    > of which could see the error in their ways when confronted. two were riding Next bikes, the other
    > was riding a M__ (something, MGX, MXG maybe). and we do have a name for them types of folks now
    > don't we.

    Would these be the same people who used their 4x4 to ford the creek to get to the trail? Funny how
    mountain bikers are some of the most conservation minded people I've ever met. Greg

    --
    http://www.treelimb.org/ A blogunity

  14. Technician

    Technician Guest

    botchka <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    > On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 08:56:26 -0400, Technician wrote:
    >
    > > ctg <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    > >>
    > >> "botchka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]...

    > >> The trails that see regular use are rapidly turning to shit due to people who aren't letting
    > >> rain get in the way.
    > >>
    > >> Chris
    > >>

    > > Not so much that, but people who care nothing for the trails. when i rode on wet trails, i knew
    > > what sections would be too soft to ride, and what sections would be fine. if it was too soft, i
    > > walked it. i didn't leave any ruts, unless you count the tread pattern left in some of the spots
    > > that were firm, save for a soft 1/4" layer on top.
    > >
    > > But i see lots of ruts by bikes, and i have seen at least 3 riders that ride ruts into mud. none
    > > of which could see the error in their ways when confronted. two were riding Next bikes, the
    > > other was riding a M__ (something, MGX, MXG maybe). and we do have a name for them types of
    > > folks now don't we.
    >
    > Would these be the same people who used their 4x4 to ford the creek to get to the trail? Funny how
    > mountain bikers are some of the most conservation minded people I've ever met. Greg

    they very well could be.

    As far as being conservation minded, we have to be. our sport depends on trails. if we destroy the
    trails, what happens to the sport?
    --
    ~Travis

    http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

  15. Alexn

    Alexn Guest

    "ctg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "botchka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:09:09 GMT, ctg wrote:
    >
    > > You're gonna let a little rain get in your way?
    > > --
    > > "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking." -- Steven Wright
    >
    > The trails that see regular use are rapidly turning to shit due to people who aren't letting rain
    > get in the way.
    >
    > Chris

    Yea, every day I see some dipshit over here at Avalon with a completely mud encrusted bike on his
    car. It wouldn't be so bad if people knew how to just ride through the mud. Sections of trail that
    were 2 feet wide are now 50 feet wide. I was walking my dog the other day and some guy came up and
    started riding randomly through the woods to avoid a muck hole. What asshats. Just ride through the
    mud if you really need to be out in it.

    Alex

  16. Bob

    Bob Guest

    "jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Ken wrote:
    >
    > > The song says "it never rains in Southern California" and that is almost true. Now you now why
    > > everyone wants to live there.
    >
    > Ummmm no... I'll live with the rain... Like the song means... it is always a drought in Soutrhern
    > California I'm not too hot on earthquakes, mudslides and pollution ;-P
    >
    > Jimbo...Hurricanes, rain and pollution....(san)

    and don't forget traffic.

  17. Chip3130

    Chip3130 Guest

    >> Thurs Scattered Thunderstorms High: 72 Low: 60
    >>
    >> Fri Showers High: 73 Low: 60
    >>
    >> Sat Showers High: 74 Low: 60
    >>
    >> Sun Few Showers High: 76 Low: 61
    >>
    >> Chris

    Come to Oregon where it rains 364 friggin' days of the year....

  18. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    chip3130 thoughtfully penned:
    >>> Thurs Scattered Thunderstorms High: 72 Low: 60
    >>>
    >>> Fri Showers High: 73 Low: 60
    >>>
    >>> Sat Showers High: 74 Low: 60
    >>>
    >>> Sun Few Showers High: 76 Low: 61
    >>>
    >>> Chris
    >
    > Come to Oregon where it rains 364 friggin' days of the year....

    Only on the coast. 2/3 of Oregon is high desert.

    penny

  19. Chip3130

    Chip3130 Guest

    "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > chip3130 thoughtfully penned:
    >>
    >> Come to Oregon where it rains 364 friggin' days of the year....
    > Only on the coast. 2/3 of Oregon is high desert.
    >
    > penny

    True, but about 90% of the people in this state live on the west side of the cascades- ie the
    temperate rainforest...

    Now granted, we have some great trail riding out here- just very wet most of the year...