This is ridiculous

Ctg

Guest
Thurs Scattered Thunderstorms High: 72 Low: 60

Fri Showers High: 73 Low: 60

Sat Showers High: 74 Low: 60

Sun Few Showers High: 76 Low: 61

Chris

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:09:09 GMT, "ctg" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Thurs Scattered Thunderstorms High: 72 Low: 60
>
>Fri Showers High: 73 Low: 60
>
>Sat Showers High: 74 Low: 60
>
>Sun Few Showers High: 76 Low: 61
>
>Chris

....god's got a sick sense of humor.

:-]

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:09:09 GMT, ctg wrote:

> Thurs Scattered Thunderstorms High: 72 Low: 60
>
> Fri Showers High: 73 Low: 60
>
> Sat Showers High: 74 Low: 60
>
> Sun Few Showers High: 76 Low: 61
>
> Chris

You're gonna let a little rain get in your way?
--
"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking." -- Steven Wright

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:03:26 -0500, botchka <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:09:09 GMT, ctg wrote:
>

>> Thurs Scattered Thunderstorms High: 72 Low: 60
>>
>> Fri Showers High: 73 Low: 60
>>
>> Sat Showers High: 74 Low: 60
>>
>> Sun Few Showers High: 76 Low: 61
>>
>> Chris
>
>You're gonna let a little rain get in your way?

I'm not a very experienced biker but all of the rain in Maryland has made it hard for me to get far
on some of the harder trails. Everything is so damn muddy!

--Brian

"ctg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Thurs Scattered Thunderstorms High: 72 Low: 60
>
> Fri Showers High: 73 Low: 60
>
> Sat Showers High: 74 Low: 60
>
> Sun Few Showers High: 76 Low: 61
>
> Chris

I can't ***** about the rain because I *****ed way to much about the drought and have resolved
myself to road rides until things dry up.

Fredzep
--
"Gravity is a harsh misstress" The Tick

ctg wrote:
> Thurs Scattered Thunderstorms High: 72 Low: 60
>
> Fri Showers High: 73 Low: 60
>
> Sat Showers High: 74 Low: 60
>
> Sun Few Showers High: 76 Low: 61
>
> Chris

Send some of that our way. We can deal with the inclement weather if it means water in the ground
and reservoirs.

"ctg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Thurs Scattered Thunderstorms High: 72 Low: 60
>
> Fri Showers High: 73 Low: 60
>
> Sat Showers High: 74 Low: 60
>
> Sun Few Showers High: 76 Low: 61
>
> Chris

It could be worse, maybe something like:

Thurs: Scattered Showers, cold. High: 10C Low: - 2C

Fri: Scattered Showers and Snow to 1000ft, cold. High: 6C Low:-2C

Sat: Snow to 800ft, cold. High:5C Low:-5C

--
Westie - I hate winter.

"botchka" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:09:09 GMT, ctg wrote:

> You're gonna let a little rain get in your way?
> --
> "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking." -- Steven Wright

The trails that see regular use are rapidly turning to **** due to people who aren't letting rain
get in the way.

Chris

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:49:13 GMT, ctg wrote:

> The trails that see regular use are rapidly turning to **** due to people who aren't letting rain
> get in the way.
>
> Chris
Ah...tis true. The days when I was the only one riding on my local trails are long gone. Kudos to
you Chris! Greg

--
"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking." -- Steven Wright

ctg <[email protected]> spoke thusly...

> "botchka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:09:09 GMT, ctg wrote:
>
> > You're gonna let a little rain get in your way?
> > --
> > "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking." -- Steven Wright
>
> The trails that see regular use are rapidly turning to **** due to people who aren't letting rain
> get in the way.
>
> Chris

Not so much that, but people who care nothing for the trails. when i rode on wet trails, i knew what
sections would be too soft to ride, and what sections would be fine. if it was too soft, i walked
it. i didn't leave any ruts, unless you count the tread pattern left in some of the spots that were
firm, save for a soft 1/4" layer on top.

But i see lots of ruts by bikes, and i have seen at least 3 riders that ride ruts into mud. none
of which could see the error in their ways when confronted. two were riding Next bikes, the
other was riding a M__ (something, MGX, MXG maybe). and we do have a name for them types of
folks now don't we.
--
~Travis

http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

Ken wrote:

> The song says "it never rains in Southern California" and that is almost true. Now you now why
> everyone wants to live there.

Ummmm no... I'll live with the rain... Like the song means... it is always a drought in Soutrhern
California I'm not too hot on earthquakes, mudslides and pollution ;-P

Jimbo...Hurricanes, rain and pollution....(san)

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 08:56:26 -0400, Technician wrote:

> ctg <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
>>
>> "botchka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:09:09 GMT, ctg wrote:
>>
>>> You're gonna let a little rain get in your way?
>>> --
>>> "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking." -- Steven Wright
>>
>> The trails that see regular use are rapidly turning to **** due to people who aren't letting rain
>> get in the way.
>>
>> Chris
>>

> Not so much that, but people who care nothing for the trails. when i rode on wet trails, i knew
> what sections would be too soft to ride, and what sections would be fine. if it was too soft, i
> walked it. i didn't leave any ruts, unless you count the tread pattern left in some of the spots
> that were firm, save for a soft 1/4" layer on top.
>
> But i see lots of ruts by bikes, and i have seen at least 3 riders that ride ruts into mud. none
> of which could see the error in their ways when confronted. two were riding Next bikes, the other
> was riding a M__ (something, MGX, MXG maybe). and we do have a name for them types of folks now
> don't we.

Would these be the same people who used their 4x4 to ford the creek to get to the trail? Funny how
mountain bikers are some of the most conservation minded people I've ever met. Greg

--
http://www.treelimb.org/ A blogunity

botchka <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
> On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 08:56:26 -0400, Technician wrote:
>
> > ctg <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
> >>
> >> "botchka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> The trails that see regular use are rapidly turning to **** due to people who aren't letting
> >> rain get in the way.
> >>
> >> Chris
> >>

> > Not so much that, but people who care nothing for the trails. when i rode on wet trails, i knew
> > what sections would be too soft to ride, and what sections would be fine. if it was too soft, i
> > walked it. i didn't leave any ruts, unless you count the tread pattern left in some of the spots
> > that were firm, save for a soft 1/4" layer on top.
> >
> > But i see lots of ruts by bikes, and i have seen at least 3 riders that ride ruts into mud. none
> > of which could see the error in their ways when confronted. two were riding Next bikes, the
> > other was riding a M__ (something, MGX, MXG maybe). and we do have a name for them types of
> > folks now don't we.
>
> Would these be the same people who used their 4x4 to ford the creek to get to the trail? Funny how
> mountain bikers are some of the most conservation minded people I've ever met. Greg

they very well could be.

As far as being conservation minded, we have to be. our sport depends on trails. if we destroy the
trails, what happens to the sport?
--
~Travis

http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

"ctg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "botchka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:09:09 GMT, ctg wrote:
>
> > You're gonna let a little rain get in your way?
> > --
> > "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking." -- Steven Wright
>
> The trails that see regular use are rapidly turning to **** due to people who aren't letting rain
> get in the way.
>
> Chris

Yea, every day I see some dipshit over here at Avalon with a completely mud encrusted bike on his
car. It wouldn't be so bad if people knew how to just ride through the mud. Sections of trail that
were 2 feet wide are now 50 feet wide. I was walking my dog the other day and some guy came up and
started riding randomly through the woods to avoid a muck hole. What asshats. Just ride through the
mud if you really need to be out in it.

Alex

"jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Ken wrote:
>
> > The song says "it never rains in Southern California" and that is almost true. Now you now why
> > everyone wants to live there.
>
> Ummmm no... I'll live with the rain... Like the song means... it is always a drought in Soutrhern
> California I'm not too hot on earthquakes, mudslides and pollution ;-P
>
> Jimbo...Hurricanes, rain and pollution....(san)

and don't forget traffic.

>> Thurs Scattered Thunderstorms High: 72 Low: 60
>>
>> Fri Showers High: 73 Low: 60
>>
>> Sat Showers High: 74 Low: 60
>>
>> Sun Few Showers High: 76 Low: 61
>>
>> Chris

Come to Oregon where it rains 364 friggin' days of the year....

chip3130 thoughtfully penned:
>>> Thurs Scattered Thunderstorms High: 72 Low: 60
>>>
>>> Fri Showers High: 73 Low: 60
>>>
>>> Sat Showers High: 74 Low: 60
>>>
>>> Sun Few Showers High: 76 Low: 61
>>>
>>> Chris
>
> Come to Oregon where it rains 364 friggin' days of the year....

Only on the coast. 2/3 of Oregon is high desert.

penny

"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> chip3130 thoughtfully penned:
>>
>> Come to Oregon where it rains 364 friggin' days of the year....
> Only on the coast. 2/3 of Oregon is high desert.
>
> penny

True, but about 90% of the people in this state live on the west side of the cascades- ie the
temperate rainforest...

Now granted, we have some great trail riding out here- just very wet most of the year...