This is scarier than it looks

"TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:wbf6a.61903$Zr%[email protected]...
> http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/P7070055.jpg
>
> --
> http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/

I've seen alot of trail like that; scary as heck when you're looking down it, almost flat when you
take a picture of it. Hence: http://home1.gte.net/res1ccvg/pics/finnelevator.jpg

Best educated guess is the that Elevator is about 50 degrees. The pic doesn't show it, but when you
ride it and hit the bottom, you'll definitely feel the g-force.

Maybe if there wasn't any roots at the bottom of that slope of yours it might not be so bad....

--
Cameron

"Cameron" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...

> "TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:wbf6a.61903$Zr%[email protected]...
> > http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/P7070055.jpg
> >
> > --
> > http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/
> >

> I've seen alot of trail like that; scary as heck when you're looking down
it,
> almost flat when you take a picture of it. Hence:
> http://home1.gte.net/res1ccvg/pics/finnelevator.jpg
>
> Best educated guess is the that Elevator is about 50 degrees. The pic
doesn't
> show it, but when you ride it and hit the bottom, you'll definitely feel
the g-force.

> Maybe if there wasn't any roots at the bottom of that slope of yours it
might not
> be so bad....
>
> --
> Cameron

Yeah Cameron, that is the elevator. Make sure you hit the goo at the bottom with a straight front
wheel. I tend to move to the right going up to avoid that root and then it is up and away.......

-Bob

Yeah I hear ya. The first few times I rode it, I was like dayum!! but once you run it a couple of
times it becomes second nature and you do it without thinking of the sudden dop.

Funny thing is, going down is the easy part, on the opposit side is a bunch of roots that stick out
just when it's time to crest the back to flat singletrack.

Depending on your skill and tires, it's a big job. Semi-Slicks or XC tires with low profile knobs
are a good recipe for disaster. I've seen more than one hammer slide sideways and back down into the
gully. It's even more ugly after a rainfall when it's filled with mud.

"Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Cameron" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:eek:[email protected]...
> >
> > "TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:wbf6a.61903$Zr%[email protected]...
> > > http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/P7070055.jpg
> > >
> > > --
> > > http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/
> > >

> > I've seen alot of trail like that; scary as heck when you're looking down
> it,
> > almost flat when you take a picture of it. Hence:
> > http://home1.gte.net/res1ccvg/pics/finnelevator.jpg
> >
> > Best educated guess is the that Elevator is about 50 degrees. The pic
> doesn't
> > show it, but when you ride it and hit the bottom, you'll definitely feel
> the g-force.
> >
> > Maybe if there wasn't any roots at the bottom of that slope of yours it
> might not
> > be so bad....
> >
> > --
> > Cameron
> >

> Yeah Cameron, that is the elevator. Make sure you hit the goo at the bottom with a straight front
> wheel. I tend to move to the right going up to avoid that root and then it is up and away.......
>
> -Bob

I usually go to the left. But of course there is a narrow gap between the two roots. It takes being
in the right gear and enough momentum.... beam me up! Ack. The hard part is not bruising the brain
when hitting the bottom. :)

--
Cameron

"TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:hZg6a.63237$Zr%[email protected]...
> Yeah I hear ya. The first few times I rode it, I was like dayum!! but once you run it a couple of
> times it becomes second nature and you do it without thinking of the sudden dop.
>
> Funny thing is, going down is the easy part, on the opposit side is a bunch of roots that stick
> out just when it's time to crest the back to flat singletrack.
>
> Depending on your skill and tires, it's a big job. Semi-Slicks or XC tires with low profile knobs
> are a good recipe for disaster. I've seen more than one hammer slide sideways and back down into
> the gully. It's even more ugly after a rainfall when it's filled with mud.

The Elevator tends to collect water at the bottom. FYI: the Elevator is a small ravine. The best way
to describe it would be to get you to think of this letter: "V". Going down is scary enough, but
there is no easy run-out. The other side is just as steep, but with some hulkin' roots to mess you
up. Just ask Bob. He knows. :)

--
Cameron

> "Cameron" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:eek:[email protected]...
> >
> > "TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:wbf6a.61903$Zr%[email protected]...
> > > http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/P7070055.jpg
> > >
> > > --
> > > http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/
> > >

> > I've seen alot of trail like that; scary as heck when you're looking down
> it,
> > almost flat when you take a picture of it. Hence:
> > http://home1.gte.net/res1ccvg/pics/finnelevator.jpg
> >
> > Best educated guess is the that Elevator is about 50 degrees. The pic
> doesn't
> > show it, but when you ride it and hit the bottom, you'll definitely feel
> the g-force.
> >
> > Maybe if there wasn't any roots at the bottom of that slope of yours it
> might not
> > be so bad....
> >
> > --
> > Cameron

"TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Brings back memories huh, aren't you sorry that you left now??.....nah
there
> are really good trails where your at too.

The Don was my haunting ground...not too sorry that I left, there's lots to explore where
I am now...

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

"Cameron" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The Elevator tends to collect water at the bottom. FYI: the Elevator is a
small
> ravine. The best way to describe it would be to get you to think of this
letter: "V".
> Going down is scary enough, but there is no easy run-out. The other side
is just
> as steep, but with some hulkin' roots to mess you up. Just ask Bob. He
knows. :)

> --
> Cameron

The bottom will drop out when the water is more than 6" deep. The mud just sucks you down and I
frequently flap a fender down hard onto the rear tire with a considerable slurry of mud flying in
all directions.

There were a bunch of kids hitting it last month in the mud getting pretty mucked up but enjoying
it. One particular rollie pollie kid gave me a big, "HEY MISTER"!! when I rode out the topside....

Come join us...

Bob

"Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Cameron" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > The Elevator tends to collect water at the bottom. FYI: the Elevator is a
> small
> > ravine. The best way to describe it would be to get you to think of this
> letter: "V".
> > Going down is scary enough, but there is no easy run-out. The other side
> is just
> > as steep, but with some hulkin' roots to mess you up. Just ask Bob. He
> knows. :)
> >
> > --
> > Cameron
>

> The bottom will drop out when the water is more than 6" deep. The mud just sucks you down and I
> frequently flap a fender down hard onto the rear tire with a considerable slurry of mud flying in
> all directions.
>
> There were a bunch of kids hitting it last month in the mud getting pretty mucked up but enjoying
> it. One particular rollie pollie kid gave me a big, "HEY MISTER"!! when I rode out the topside....
>
> Come join us...
>
> Bob

Didn't ride it the last couple times I was there. The mud wasn't encouraging, and this last time I
was eager to explore the other trails, and find that swamp. I still haven't rode out the top, but a
couple of friends can ride it both ways without stopping.

--
Cameron