This is silly but what's....

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Tim Burgher, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Tim Burgher

    Tim Burgher Guest

    What's LBS? I live in Burlington, VT and am figuring it's a bike store chain or something. I have
    never heard of it though. Can someone fill me in?

    Thanks, Tim

    Tags:

  2. L Hays

    L Hays Guest

    "Tim Burgher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:R%[email protected]...
    > What's LBS? I live in Burlington, VT and am figuring it's a bike store chain or something. I have
    > never heard of it though. Can someone fill me in?
    >
    > Thanks, Tim

    Local Bike Shop.

    Lance

  3. Joe Seamour

    Joe Seamour Guest

    "Tim Burgher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:R%[email protected]...
    > What's LBS? I live in Burlington, VT and am figuring it's a bike store chain or something. I have
    > never heard of it though. Can someone fill me in?
    >
    > Thanks, Tim

    LBS - Local Bike Shop... took me awhile to figure it out also...

    -js

  4. Tim Burgher wrote in message ...
    >What's LBS? I live in Burlington, VT and am figuring it's a bike store chain or something. I have
    >never heard of it though. Can someone fill me in?
    >
    >Thanks, Tim

    Yeah, it stands for Lessco Bike Store, a bike chain that allso sells stuff on the internet. Nno-one
    really likes them, most people would recommend you to go to your Local Bike Shop instead.

    Steve E.

  5. L Hays

    L Hays Guest

    "L Hays" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Tim Burgher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:R%[email protected]...
    > > What's LBS? I live in Burlington, VT and am figuring it's a bike store chain or something. I
    > > have never heard of it though. Can someone fill
    me
    > > in?
    > >
    > > Thanks, Tim
    > >

    > Local Bike Shop.
    >
    > Lance

    http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm

    This helped me quite a bit and is suggested reading. I hear the abbreviations list in the works for
    some updating.

    Lance

  6. On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 17:07:29 +0000, Joe Seamour did issue forth:

    > LBS - Local Bike Shop... took me awhile to figure it out also...

    There's a chain of builders merchants around here called LBS.

    --
    Huw Pritchard | Replace bounce with huw | to reply by mail | www.secretworldgovernment.org

  7. Tim Burgher

    Tim Burgher Guest

    I like Shaun's definition. I think that is the one I will stick with.

    Tim

  8. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

  9. Tim Burgher

    Tim Burgher Guest

    All right! :.)

  10. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > Little Boys Shouting?

    "The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face."

    -Jack Handy

  11. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    > penny s <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Tim Burgher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > I like Shaun's definition. I think that is the one I will stick with.
    > > >
    > > > Tim
    > > >

    > > Little Boys Shouting?
    > >
    > > <ducking...>
    >
    > That was a Low Blow Sweetie, ya Lousy Bitch Swine.
    >
    > Shaun aRe

    Lowlife Blowing Smoke?

  12. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

  13. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    penny s <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > penny s <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "Tim Burgher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > > > Little Boys Shouting?
    > > >
    > > > <ducking...>
    > >
    > > That was a Low Blow Sweetie, ya Lousy Bitch Swine.
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe
    > >

    > Lowlife Blowing Smoke?

    Laughing Bloody Socks off! Lady Blown Sideways by Lanky British Smartarse, "Looks Bloody Silly", he
    said Laid Back Smiling ',;~}

    Shaun aRe Light Bulb Shining.

  14. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Jonathan Harris <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    >
    > > Silly Burgher.
    >
    > I spent three years muttering that phrase...

    Now it's 'silly Dusseldorfian'?

    Shaun aRe - It's all the same shit anyhow......

  15. "John Atkinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > Jonathan Harris <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > > I spent three years muttering that phrase...
    > >
    > > Now it's 'silly Dusseldorfian'?
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe - It's all the same shit anyhow......
    > >

    > Dusseldorfer

    anyway, much less silly than Lancastrian, or Backburner or whatever you are...

  16. "Jonathan Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    >
    > >>I spent three years muttering that phrase...
    > >

    > > Now it's 'silly Dusseldorfian'?
    >
    > No, more along the lines of, 'frickin' lederhosen-wearing, cabbage-munching, dull-as-shit,
    > mullet-sporting wankers'.
    >
    > I love the Germans really ;)
    >
    > --
    > a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
    >
    > a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

    you missed out 'box-headed' ;-)

  17. On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:37:02 +0000, John Atkinson did issue forth:

    >> Dusseldorfer
    >>

    > anyway, much less silly than Lancastrian, or Backburner or whatever you are...

    I'm a Breconian, which to be frank just sounds odd. Of course, this is rivaled by Andy Chequer, our
    resident Blackpudlian.

    --
    Huw Pritchard | Replace bounce with huw | to reply by mail | www.secretworldgovernment.org