This is so very sad

TractorBoy said:
I hope you laughed your fkkn head off
Well, aren't WE touchy today. It never occured to you that maybe, just maybe, mountainpro was bullsh£tting for a laugh?:rolleyes: Yeah, I did. The doctor said to make sure I check the bolts more often!!!:D

shannons dad said:
Well, aren't WE touchy today. It never occured to you that maybe, just maybe, mountainpro was bullsh£tting for a laugh?:rolleyes: Yeah, I did. The doctor said to make sure I check the bolts more often!!!:D
i thought it was pretty obvious...

its that funny country just north of Mexico, they breed them right funny over there....hyper sensitive and soft as shite.

for the record, that was a joke...

perhaps i should just put a disclaimer on my posts... 'please check this post for signs of sarcasm.'

MountainPro said:
i thought it was pretty obvious...

its that funny country just north of Mexico, they breed them right funny over there....hyper sensitive and soft as shite.

for the record, that was a joke...

perhaps i should just put a disclaimer on my posts... 'please check this post for signs of sarcasm.'

lol. are you saying that unlike the brits, we americans are uptight? HA! :p

I mentioned before it's suspected there are wild pumas roaming about in the same area I'm sighting all these foxes and wildlife. The story goes the cubs were imported as pets and then released into the wild when they got too big to handle. Somehow they survived and grew to adulthood. I never saw one of these big cats but I did hear this bizarre spitting noise late in the night and it didn't sound like a small animal. It had to be something big.
Another guy told me actually saw the puma. It would be terrific if I could photograph one.
"Originally pumas lived in rocky mountains. They aren't native to this country and it is thought they were introduced by a number of factors. Some have escaped from animal sanctuaries while others have been set free by people after the dangerous animal laws came into effect, forcing people to have licences. Some couldn't afford them and set them free rather than have them put them down. "They have a big territory and will wander through it hunting and resting. People usually see them for a couple of days in a certain area and then it is gone again. It depends on how big the territory is. It is quite possible one has been seen by the coast if it is remote. It might just be exploring new territory and might not decide to come back.
In their natural habitat pumas are normally a browny fawn colour and people who have seen them at night report them reflecting green. "They aren't to be confused with a panther as panthers are from the leopard family."

Carrera said:
I found one or two websites on foxes and weasels. Some people enjoy photographing foxes in the wild and I found these sites:
http://www.naturephotographers.net/kac1101-1.html
http://www.dennisglennon.com/z_Foxes.html
In the U.S. there's also a lot of interest in filming wolves in the wild and groups of enthusiasts will watch them for hours on end.
there is a country estate near where i live and there was a Lady there that had a 'pet' fox, the silly old bat used to take it around on a lead and take it for walks, it was very tame. By Lady i mean as in Lord and Lady of an estate. Mad as hatters...typical upper class, dressed like tramps and talked with an Etonian accent...

i think someone may have had a word with our friends at the RSPCA....(wasnt me)...

the foxes in this area can be a real pest, raking through bins etc...still though, i like them.

I never realised till recently foxes are beautiful animals. I love watching a fox in the light of dawn. Once when I was a kid, a fox broke into my rabbit hutch and made off with my pet rabbit which upset me at the time. But, of course, now I understand foxes only kill in order to eat. If farmers left ample food out for foxes, the foxes wouldn't bother their livestock.
Foxes shouldn't be kept as pets but you can definitely get them used to your scent and presence and it's a good way to take a few pics with a camera.

MountainPro said:
there is a country estate near where i live and there was a Lady there that had a 'pet' fox, the silly old bat used to take it around on a lead and take it for walks, it was very tame. By Lady i mean as in Lord and Lady of an estate. Mad as hatters...typical upper class, dressed like tramps and talked with an Etonian accent...

i think someone may have had a word with our friends at the RSPCA....(wasnt me)...

the foxes in this area can be a real pest, raking through bins etc...still though, i like them.

Carrera said:
But, of course, now I understand foxes only kill in order to eat. If farmers left ample food out for foxes, the foxes wouldn't bother their livestock.
i think that is a bit much to ask for from the farmers....although foxes are opportunist scavangers i would imagine they would prefer the hunt...if they had the choice

the worst thing about keeping a wild aminal as a pet would probably be that they wouldnt be able to fend from themselves if let go into the wild..

MountainPro said:
man, this is sad...but not the way you mean...

my gerbil died when i was 7, i'll never forget the poor little mite.

serious head injuries after the little ****er bit my thumb...took a claw hammer and panned its brains in...

still though, it was a very moving funeral.
Pro, I'm appalled.I'ts common knowledge that the brains are the tastiest bit.The hammer (a ball-pein is generally reckoned to be the best) should be applied to the meatiest bits in order to tenderise them,then the innards should be removed rapidly with an electric drill and a stuffing of blended pigeon should be inserted.The gerbil should then be killed(humanely,of course)and baked in a slow oven for 30 mins per pound.
Serve with chips and a fried mars bar.

MountainPro said:
man, this is sad...but not the way you mean...

my gerbil died when i was 7, i'll never forget the poor little mite.

serious head injuries after the little ****er bit my thumb...took a claw hammer and panned its brains in...

still though, it was a very moving funeral.
Actually,I owe pro an apology. This in fact is a regional variation of the well-known english dish, underground gerbil.
To prepare english gerbil,first pin it down (an air-powered staple gun may be useful here). Then shoot it in the head 7 times with an air pistol.
For all you aficionados of gerbil cuisine - here are some more ways of preparing this low-fat,high protein snack.
California gerebil - insert mars bar,insert gerebil and bake at body temperature until done.
Gerbil caviar -a difficult dish to prepare due to the fact that each gerbil has only 2 eyes.
Anzac gerbil - marinate in beer for 24 hours,then go looking for gerbil,give up and go back to watching rugby on tv. Have gerbil pizza delivered.
Vietnamese gerbil - tenderise gerbil by round the clock bombing ,baste with Agent Orange and fry in napalm.
Gerbil kebab - Ring the RSPCA (gerbil section).Take a sharp kebab stick and tenderise gerbil while holding the gerbil next to the 'phone.
This does nothing for the flavour but it's great fun!
Insert stick into gerbil and flame grill next to a car-bomb.
Seriously, gerbils are vicious little bastards who may have weapons of WMD and who are jealous of our freedom.Don't be fooled by that cute little nose, these little monsters would rip your throat out if they could jump that high! Don't wait for them to strike at our way of life - launch a pre-emptive strike now.
I don't seem to be able to find the recipe for gerbilburgers. Can anyone help me?

jhuskey said:
I don't miss Flyer on that premise and that is the only problem I had with him(cross posting) as it were.
We vile humans relate to dogs because they are closer to any other specie in nature to our emotional make-up.
Dogs of course have a genuine mastery of true and genuine emotions ,unlike the sham we humans portray.
We are lucky that dogs even give us a second glance.
The worst dog I've met was 10 times better in characture than the best human I've met.
I have met a lot more humans than dogs. If dogs had thumbs we humans would be extinct, and rightly so.

That has got to be the most moronic thing I have ever heard......It must be pathetic being you.....Mike