This IS weird

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mike O'Brien, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Mike O'Brien

    Mike O'Brien Guest

    January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
    Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

    Regards,

    Mike O'Brien

    Trying to keep the barbarians from the gate, but they all have fake
    IDs...

    Tags:

  2. Mike O'Brien

    Mike O'Brien Guest

    January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
    Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

    Regards,

    Mike O'Brien

    Trying to keep the barbarians from the gate, but they all have fake
    IDs...

  3. Paul Harris

    Paul Harris Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Mike O'Brien <[email protected]> wrote:

    > January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
    > Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

    Yeah, let's hope people keep driving them gas-guzzling, carbon mono-producing sports utes, and we'll
    be assured of a warm future, too.

    Paul Harris, in an equally wonderfully warm winter - but a bit scary - in Victoria, BC

    > January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
    > Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

    Same Here.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  5. "Mike O'Brien" skrev...
    > January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
    > Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

    We mistakenly got it in Denmark I think. 50 cm in 12 hours. Shall we send it over?

    M.

  6. Gary Mc

    Gary Mc Guest

    Mike,

    We have had an occasional dash of snow, but nothing normal. Just today and tomorrow they are finally
    predicting a light weight storm. For us it means biking (triking) now but also less water for next
    summer. The governor has been threatening water rationing the last two years, this year may be the
    big one. It will kill some folks as we are proud of our lawns in the desert.

    As you say, there is little to do but keep biking and even jogging on local dirt trails. The cost
    will come later.

    Cletus, while it is true that you have mild to hot weather all year, I suspect that some of the
    recent rains down your way have put a slight dent in your biking.

    Gary McCarty, Greenspeed GTO, Salt Lake City

    "Mike O'Brien" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
    > Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

  7. Paul Harris

    Paul Harris Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Mike O'Brien <[email protected]> wrote:

    > January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
    > Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

    Yeah, let's hope people keep driving them gas-guzzling, carbon mono-producing sports utes, and we'll
    be assured of a warm future, too.

    Paul Harris, in an equally wonderfully warm winter - but a bit scary - in Victoria, BC

  8. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
    > Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

    Same Here.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  9. "Mike O'Brien" skrev...
    > January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
    > Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

    We mistakenly got it in Denmark I think. 50 cm in 12 hours. Shall we send it over?

    M.

  10. Gary Mc

    Gary Mc Guest

    Mike,

    We have had an occasional dash of snow, but nothing normal. Just today and tomorrow they are finally
    predicting a light weight storm. For us it means biking (triking) now but also less water for next
    summer. The governor has been threatening water rationing the last two years, this year may be the
    big one. It will kill some folks as we are proud of our lawns in the desert.

    As you say, there is little to do but keep biking and even jogging on local dirt trails. The cost
    will come later.

    Cletus, while it is true that you have mild to hot weather all year, I suspect that some of the
    recent rains down your way have put a slight dent in your biking.

    Gary McCarty, Greenspeed GTO, Salt Lake City

    "Mike O'Brien" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
    > Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

  11. Tigrr8

    Tigrr8 Guest

    It appears that the globe is indeed warming but if it's any comfort, winter in Ohio has been a bit
    colder and wetter than usual. I have a profound dislike for ice and have ridden once (yesterday)
    since early December.

    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it, if you live." Mark Twain

    --

  12. Tigrr8

    Paul Harris wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>, Mike O'Brien <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
    >>Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.
    >

    > Yeah, let's hope people keep driving them gas-guzzling, carbon mono-producing sports utes, and
    > we'll be assured of a warm future, too.
    >
    > Paul Harris, in an equally wonderfully warm winter - but a bit scary - in Victoria, BC

    --

  13. Mike O'Brien

    Mike O'Brien Guest

    "Cletus D. Lee" <[email protected]> wrote

    | > January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over
    50
    | > degrees twice this week. Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

    | Same Here.

    Yeah, but you're in Texas and I'm in Minnesota...

    Regards,

    Mike O'Brien

    Trying to keep the barbarians from the gate, but they all have fake
    IDs...

    Yahoo Messenger mikeob55422

  14. Mike O'Brien

    Mike O'Brien Guest

    "Cletus D. Lee" <[email protected]> wrote

    | > January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over
    50
    | > degrees twice this week. Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

    | Same Here.

    Yeah, but you're in Texas and I'm in Minnesota...

    Regards,

    Mike O'Brien

    Trying to keep the barbarians from the gate, but they all have fake
    IDs...

    Yahoo Messenger mikeob55422

  15. Mike O'Brien

    Mike O'Brien Guest

    "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote

    | We mistakenly got it in Denmark I think. 50 cm in 12 hours. Shall we send it over?

    It would be appreciated. We need the moisture and the skis are waxed!

    Regards,

    Mike O'Brien

    Trying to keep the barbarians from the gate, but they all have fake
    IDs...

    .

  16. Mike O'Brien

    Mike O'Brien Guest

    "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote

    | We mistakenly got it in Denmark I think. 50 cm in 12 hours. Shall we send it over?

    It would be appreciated. We need the moisture and the skis are waxed!

    Regards,

    Mike O'Brien

    Trying to keep the barbarians from the gate, but they all have fake
    IDs...

    .

  17. Mike O'Brien

    Mike O'Brien Guest

    "Gary Mc" <[email protected]> wrote

    | We have had an occasional dash of snow, but nothing normal. Just today and tomorrow they are
    | finally predicting a light weight storm. For us it means biking (triking) now but also less water
    | for next summer. The governor has been threatening water rationing the last two years, this year
    | may be the big one. It will kill some folks as we are proud of our lawns in the desert.

    While most of us are enjoying the warm weather in reality we also need the moisture. Besides the
    snow shows and skis look so forlorn gathering dust and cobwebs in the corner.

    Regards,

    Mike O'Brien

    Trying to keep the barbarians from the gate, but they all have fake
    IDs...

  18. John Riley

    John Riley Guest

    It's el Nino. Warmer and dryer in the west and midwest and cold and snowy in the east. More or less.
    We are getting plenty of snow and cold in Toronto, which BTW is south relative to Lake Woebegon (or
    Brainerd for sure).

    John Riley

    Paul Harris wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, Mike O'Brien <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
    > > Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.
    >
    > Yeah, let's hope people keep driving them gas-guzzling, carbon mono-producing sports utes, and
    > we'll be assured of a warm future, too.
    >
    > Paul Harris, in an equally wonderfully warm winter - but a bit scary - in Victoria, BC

  19. Mike O'Brien

    Mike O'Brien Guest

    "Gary Mc" <[email protected]> wrote

    | We have had an occasional dash of snow, but nothing normal. Just today and tomorrow they are
    | finally predicting a light weight storm. For us it means biking (triking) now but also less water
    | for next summer. The governor has been threatening water rationing the last two years, this year
    | may be the big one. It will kill some folks as we are proud of our lawns in the desert.

    While most of us are enjoying the warm weather in reality we also need the moisture. Besides the
    snow shows and skis look so forlorn gathering dust and cobwebs in the corner.

    Regards,

    Mike O'Brien

    Trying to keep the barbarians from the gate, but they all have fake
    IDs...

  20. John Riley