This IS weird

Mike O'Brien

Guest
January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

Regards,

Mike O'Brien

Trying to keep the barbarians from the gate, but they all have fake
IDs...

In article <LYpT9.15926$3v.2626@sccrnsc01>, Mike O'Brien <[email protected]> wrote:

> January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
> Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

Yeah, let's hope people keep driving them gas-guzzling, carbon mono-producing sports utes, and we'll
be assured of a warm future, too.

Paul Harris, in an equally wonderfully warm winter - but a bit scary - in Victoria, BC

In article <LYpT9.15926$3v.2626@sccrnsc01>, [email protected] says...
> January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
> Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

Same Here.

- Bellaire, TX USA -

"Mike O'Brien" skrev...
> January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
> Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

We mistakenly got it in Denmark I think. 50 cm in 12 hours. Shall we send it over?

M.

Mike,

We have had an occasional dash of snow, but nothing normal. Just today and tomorrow they are finally
predicting a light weight storm. For us it means biking (triking) now but also less water for next
summer. The governor has been threatening water rationing the last two years, this year may be the
big one. It will kill some folks as we are proud of our lawns in the desert.

As you say, there is little to do but keep biking and even jogging on local dirt trails. The cost
will come later.

Cletus, while it is true that you have mild to hot weather all year, I suspect that some of the
recent rains down your way have put a slight dent in your biking.

Gary McCarty, Greenspeed GTO, Salt Lake City

"Mike O'Brien" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<LYpT9.15926$3v.2626@sccrnsc01>...
> January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
> Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

In article <LYpT9.15926$3v.2626@sccrnsc01>, Mike O'Brien <[email protected]> wrote:

> January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
> Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

Yeah, let's hope people keep driving them gas-guzzling, carbon mono-producing sports utes, and we'll
be assured of a warm future, too.

Paul Harris, in an equally wonderfully warm winter - but a bit scary - in Victoria, BC

In article <LYpT9.15926$3v.2626@sccrnsc01>, [email protected] says...
> January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
> Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

Same Here.

- Bellaire, TX USA -

"Mike O'Brien" skrev...
> January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
> Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

We mistakenly got it in Denmark I think. 50 cm in 12 hours. Shall we send it over?

M.

Mike,

We have had an occasional dash of snow, but nothing normal. Just today and tomorrow they are finally
predicting a light weight storm. For us it means biking (triking) now but also less water for next
summer. The governor has been threatening water rationing the last two years, this year may be the
big one. It will kill some folks as we are proud of our lawns in the desert.

As you say, there is little to do but keep biking and even jogging on local dirt trails. The cost
will come later.

Cletus, while it is true that you have mild to hot weather all year, I suspect that some of the
recent rains down your way have put a slight dent in your biking.

Gary McCarty, Greenspeed GTO, Salt Lake City

"Mike O'Brien" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<LYpT9.15926$3v.2626@sccrnsc01>...
> January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
> Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

It appears that the globe is indeed warming but if it's any comfort, winter in Ohio has been a bit
colder and wetter than usual. I have a profound dislike for ice and have ridden once (yesterday)
since early December.

"Get a bicycle. You won't regret it, if you live." Mark Twain

--

Paul Harris wrote:
> In article <LYpT9.15926$3v.2626@sccrnsc01>, Mike O'Brien <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over 50 degrees twice this week.
>>Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.
>

> Yeah, let's hope people keep driving them gas-guzzling, carbon mono-producing sports utes, and
> we'll be assured of a warm future, too.
>
> Paul Harris, in an equally wonderfully warm winter - but a bit scary - in Victoria, BC

--

"Cletus D. Lee" <[email protected]> wrote

| > January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over
50
| > degrees twice this week. Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

| Same Here.

Yeah, but you're in Texas and I'm in Minnesota...

Regards,

Mike O'Brien

Trying to keep the barbarians from the gate, but they all have fake
IDs...

Yahoo Messenger mikeob55422

"Cletus D. Lee" <[email protected]> wrote

| > January 9, 2003. Still no snow. Still has not gone below zero. Over
50
| > degrees twice this week. Still riding in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota in January.

| Same Here.

Yeah, but you're in Texas and I'm in Minnesota...

Regards,

Mike O'Brien

Trying to keep the barbarians from the gate, but they all have fake
IDs...

Yahoo Messenger mikeob55422

"Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote

| We mistakenly got it in Denmark I think. 50 cm in 12 hours. Shall we send it over?

It would be appreciated. We need the moisture and the skis are waxed!

.

"Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote

| We mistakenly got it in Denmark I think. 50 cm in 12 hours. Shall we send it over?

It would be appreciated. We need the moisture and the skis are waxed!

Regards,

Mike O'Brien

Trying to keep the barbarians from the gate, but they all have fake
IDs...

.

"Gary Mc" <[email protected]> wrote

| We have had an occasional dash of snow, but nothing normal. Just today and tomorrow they are
| finally predicting a light weight storm. For us it means biking (triking) now but also less water
| for next summer. The governor has been threatening water rationing the last two years, this year
| may be the big one. It will kill some folks as we are proud of our lawns in the desert.

While most of us are enjoying the warm weather in reality we also need the moisture. Besides the
snow shows and skis look so forlorn gathering dust and cobwebs in the corner.

Regards,

Mike O'Brien

Trying to keep the barbarians from the gate, but they all have fake
IDs...

It's el Nino. Warmer and dryer in the west and midwest and cold and snowy in the east. More or less.
We are getting plenty of snow and cold in Toronto, which BTW is south relative to Lake Woebegon (or
Brainerd for sure).

John Riley