This Just In

Tom Kunich

Guest
After yesterday's abandonment of the Tour of the Mediterranean with less than a mile to go, Robbie
McEwen told reporters, "I figured that since I couldn't bugger that pony I'd just stuff it."

Lotto-Domo made to look the fool for a spoilt child.

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Tom
Kunich) wrote:

> After yesterday's abandonment of the Tour of the Mediterranean with less than a mile to go, Robbie
> McEwen told reporters, "I figured that since I couldn't bugger that pony I'd just stuff it."
>
> Lotto-Domo made to look the fool for a spoilt child.

The guy has NO class. What a dinkus.

news:<[email protected]>...

Riiight, who else from Blotto-**** is winning races ?

On 19 Feb 2003 11:27:50 -0800, Amit wrote:
>Riiight, who else from Blotto-**** is winning races ?

The attitude doesn't suit you, nerd. Or anyone. And the answer: Stefan van Dijk, in Qatar.

> After yesterday's abandonment of the Tour of the Mediterranean with less than a mile to go, Robbie
> McEwen told reporters, "I figured that since I couldn't bugger that pony I'd just stuff it."

Whatever that means (is it lower class, uneducated ozzie speak?)

Yup. Often the pony is replaced by a sheep for accuracy. Who cares? It's February. Tour of the Med
is a warm-up race. STF

Ken Papai wrote:

>>After yesterday's abandonment of the Tour of the Mediterranean with less than a mile to go, Robbie
>>McEwen told reporters, "I figured that since I couldn't bugger that pony I'd just stuff it."
>

> Whatever that means (is it lower class, uneducated ozzie speak?)

Just remember that Peter Van Petegem is on that team and a hell of a lot better rider than McWhiner.
Hell you'd think that if he didn't feel good he'd ride in the pack like every other great rider from
years past. Australia has a load of really good racers but they sure have more than their share of
spoiled little children that stop just short of the finish line. I hope Graeme Brown kicks some
McEwen butt this summer.

news:[email protected]...

In article <[email protected]>, Stewart Fleming <[email protected]> wrote:

> Yup. Often the pony is replaced by a sheep for accuracy. Who cares? It's February. Tour of the Med
> is a warm-up race. STF
>
> Ken Papai wrote:
> > "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>After yesterday's abandonment of the Tour of the Mediterranean with less than a mile to go,
> >>Robbie McEwen told reporters, "I figured that since I couldn't bugger that pony I'd just
> >>stuff it."
> >

> > Whatever that means (is it lower class, uneducated ozzie speak?)

I guess it's similar to "screw the pooch".

On 2/19/03 4:18 PM, in article [email protected], "Marlene Blanshay"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, Stewart Fleming <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Yup. Often the pony is replaced by a sheep for accuracy. Who cares? It's February. Tour of the
>> Med is a warm-up race. STF
>>
>> Ken Papai wrote:
>>> "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Whatever that means (is it lower class, uneducated ozzie speak?)
>>>

> I guess it's similar to "screw the pooch".

When you "screw the pooch" it means you "****ed up"

Robbie means If he couldn¹t' "keep it up" he would not waste any more effort.

In article <BA79648A.2CA11%[email protected]>, steve <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 2/19/03 4:18 PM, in article [email protected], "Marlene Blanshay"
> <[email protected]> wrote:

> > I guess it's similar to "screw the pooch".
>

> When you "screw the pooch" it means you "****ed up"
>
> Robbie means If he couldn¹t' "keep it up" he would not waste any more effort.

I'm not even going to explore that one.

"Bikerecker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > I hope Graeme Brown kicks some McEwen butt this summer.
>
> What makes you think Graeme is any better than McEwen? Or are you
just pulling
> for the less well-known a-hole?

It is always amusing when there is competition for the limelight.

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
> Australia has a load of really good racers but they sure have more than their share of spoiled
> little children that stop just short of the finish line. I hope Graeme Brown kicks some McEwen
> butt this summer.

Who exactly are you referring to Tom? Yeah McEwen whinges. But I don't think he has spat the dummy
'cause his team wasn't picked for the tour, retired, then made a comeback to win the worlds. Or
ridden to the finish of a Vuelta stage then stopped before the finish line.

As far a Brown goes, he may be talented, but he gets my vote for rider most likely to have his block
knocked off at the finish of a race.

peter

I've seen Graham chop Robbie in a couple of finishes. Most notably last year's Geelong bay series.

Anyway, I want Aussies to win races. I don't watch a bike race to see some 'nice' blokes going
around. I can go to the pub for that.

Here's hoping for a better tour from the Freckle.

Scott "Peter Vesel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:jo%[email protected]...

> "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
> > Australia has a load of really good racers but they sure have more than their share of spoiled
> > little children that stop just short of the finish line. I hope Graeme Brown kicks some McEwen
> > butt this summer.
> >

> Who exactly are you referring to Tom? Yeah McEwen whinges. But I don't think he has spat the dummy
> 'cause his team wasn't picked for the tour, retired, then made a comeback to win the worlds. Or
> ridden to the finish of a Vuelta stage then stopped before the finish line.
>
> As far a Brown goes, he may be talented, but he gets my vote for rider
most
> likely to have his block knocked off at the finish of a race.
>
> peter

[email protected] (Amit) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Tom Kunich) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > After yesterday's abandonment of the Tour of the Mediterranean with less than a mile to go,
> > Robbie McEwen told reporters, "I figured that since I couldn't bugger that pony I'd just
> > stuff it."
> >
> > Lotto-Domo made to look the fool for a spoilt child.
>
> Riiight, who else from Blotto-**** is winning races ?

Watch it buddy! Never heard of Peter Van Petegem? top20 in the uci ranking since several years,
winner of the tour of flanders 1999, tree times the Omloop Het Volk and one of the main challengers
for Museeuw in this year's classics.

[email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Tom
> Kunich) wrote:
>
> > After yesterday's abandonment of the Tour of the Mediterranean with less than a mile to go,
> > Robbie McEwen told reporters, "I figured that since I couldn't bugger that pony I'd just
> > stuff it."
> >
> > Lotto-Domo made to look the fool for a spoilt child.
>
> The guy has NO class. What a dinkus.

No, no Robbie is a nice chap. This stupid decision doesn't change that. He got a blame of the team
directors and he made his appologies. He knew what he did was wrong and not fair to his team mates.

[email protected] (Kenny) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Tom Kunich)
> > wrote:
> >
> > > After yesterday's abandonment of the Tour of the Mediterranean with less than a mile to go,
> > > Robbie McEwen told reporters, "I figured that since I couldn't bugger that pony I'd just stuff
> > > it."
> > >
> > > Lotto-Domo made to look the fool for a spoilt child.
> >
> > The guy has NO class. What a dinkus.
>
> No, no Robbie is a nice chap. This stupid decision doesn't change that. He got a blame of the
> team directors and he made his appologies. He knew what he did was wrong and not fair to his
> team mates.

These teamates (from cyclingnews) ?

"It is true that the Tour Med was a sizzler," admitted Sergeant. Nick Gates quit the race on
Stage 2 and on the next day the seven remaining Lotto-Domo riders were dropped by the
peloton in the short 60 km morning stage. Then Robbie McEwen abandoned the race right near
the end of stage 5.

Sergeant has gone into damage control mode following the Med. But it's easy to be critical and
forget this is still Feb.

I like PVP, but he hasn't won something big in a while. He did make the break at RVV last year, and
he was flying for a week or so when he picked up some smaller wins, he might have a good Worlds.

-Amit