This looks handy

Michael \Dog3\ Lonergan

Guest
I saw this at SAM's club. Looked kind of interesting but I'm not ready to
trade in my Webber just yet. Besides, there is always the gas grill.

http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_shopping.jsp?mt=a&n=0&BV_SessionID=_SC_0
458824956.1138730082_CS_&BV_EngineID=ccckaddglhgdifdcfkfcfkjdgoodflf.0&coe=
0&oidPath=0%3a-23542%3a-30641%3a-38706%3a-46692%3a959801&fid=P23

Or

http://tinylink.com/?Bjwry6FXV8

Michael

--
“It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
_Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> I saw this at SAM's club. Looked kind of interesting but I'm not
> ready to trade in my Webber just yet. Besides, there is always the
> gas grill.
>
> http://tinylink.com/?Bjwry6FXV8
>
> Michael

Yikes! Over $350 USD for a charcoal grill? I'd stick with the Weber kettle
if it suits you. I love mine. Of course I don't know what size Weber you
have. Mine is the 18.5". I don't need more space than that but they also
make a 22.5" for $99 (free shipping right now on their website). If you
want the fancy hinged grate and updated ash collector, aka the "one touch",
it costs about $50 more but also free shipping.

http://www.weberstuff.com/webchargril.html

But I didn't order my 18.5" Weber from their website and I sure didn't pay
anywhere close to $79 for it :)

Jill

"jmcquown" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
>> I saw this at SAM's club. Looked kind of interesting but I'm not
>> ready to trade in my Webber just yet. Besides, there is always the
>> gas grill.
>>
>> http://tinylink.com/?Bjwry6FXV8
>>
>> Michael

> Yikes! Over $350 USD for a charcoal grill? I'd stick with the Weber
> kettle if it suits you. I love mine. Of course I don't know what
> size Weber you have. Mine is the 18.5". I don't need more space than
> that but they also make a 22.5" for $99 (free shipping right now on
> their website). If you want the fancy hinged grate and updated ash
> collector, aka the "one touch", it costs about $50 more but also free
> shipping.
>
> http://www.weberstuff.com/webchargril.html
>
> But I didn't order my 18.5" Weber from their website and I sure didn't
> pay anywhere close to $79 for it :)
>
> Jill

I love the Webber. Mine is the 18.5 and I've had it for years. I do clean
it in late fall and cover it. Don't want any of that rusty flavor ;) I
use the gas grill in the winter/spring/summer/fall ;)It's better than using
the broiler and I can use seasoned wood chips.

I need a grill/smoker for the patio off of the kitchen. I want to use it to
make jerky and smoke briskets, ribs and chicken. I finally gave up on the
electric smoker and gave it to my neighbors. The free smoker has insured a
regular delivery of smoked salmon to my back door ;) What I'm really
looking for is a dummy proof smoker. Being a novice cook; I think it best
to start from the beginning.

Michael

--
“It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
_Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I saw this at SAM's club. Looked kind of interesting but I'm not ready to
> trade in my Webber just yet. Besides, there is always the gas grill.
>
> http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_shopping.jsp?mt=a&n=0&BV_SessionID=_SC_0
> 458824956.1138730082_CS_&BV_EngineID=ccckaddglhgdifdcfkfcfkjdgoodflf.0&coe=
> 0&oidPath=0%3a-23542%3a-30641%3a-38706%3a-46692%3a959801&fid=P23
>
> Or
>
> http://tinylink.com/?Bjwry6FXV8
>
> Michael

What I like most about this description of the grill is
"includes four wheels with locking brakes."
Struck me funny,
Tee Hee.
Dee Dee

In article <[email protected]>,
"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I saw this at SAM's club. Looked kind of interesting but I'm not ready to
> trade in my Webber just yet. Besides, there is always the gas grill.
>
> http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_shopping.jsp?mt=a&n=0&BV_SessionID=_SC_0
> 458824956.1138730082_CS_&BV_EngineID=ccckaddglhgdifdcfkfcfkjdgoodflf.0&coe=
> 0&oidPath=0%3a-23542%3a-30641%3a-38706%3a-46692%3a959801&fid=P23
>
> Or
>
> http://tinylink.com/?Bjwry6FXV8
>
> Michael

Ouch!
Wayyyy too pricey IMHO for what it is.
I can get a really nice smoker for $200.00 that has more grill space
than that. Leave a smoker open to use as a grill.
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I saw this at SAM's club. Looked kind of interesting but I'm not
>> ready to trade in my Webber just yet. Besides, there is always the
>> gas grill.
>>
>> http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_shopping.jsp?mt=a&n=0&BV_SessionID=
>> _SC_0
>> 458824956.1138730082_CS_&BV_EngineID=ccckaddglhgdifdcfkfcfkjdgoodflf.0
>> &coe=
>> 0&oidPath=0%3a-23542%3a-30641%3a-38706%3a-46692%3a959801&fid=P23
>>
>> Or
>>
>> http://tinylink.com/?Bjwry6FXV8
>>
>> Michael

> Ouch!
> Wayyyy too pricey IMHO for what it is.
> I can get a really nice smoker for $200.00 that has more grill space
> than that. Leave a smoker open to use as a grill.

The price didn't bother me as much as the use of it. I mean, I can get the
same results from my cheapie Webber. Maybe I'll buy a 2nd Webber.

Michael

--
“It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
_Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> I need a grill/smoker for the patio off of the kitchen. I want to use
> it to make jerky and smoke briskets, ribs and chicken. I finally
> gave up on the electric smoker and gave it to my neighbors. The free
> smoker has insured a regular delivery of smoked salmon to my back
> door ;) What I'm really looking for is a dummy proof smoker. Being
> a novice cook; I think it best to start from the beginning.
>
> Michael

Hmmm, that link you provided didn't look like a smoker to me. You might
check the Weber smoker at the link I provided. Or, years ago I bought my
brother Scott a Brinkman smoker for his birthday similar to the one in the
link below. For beginning smoking it's all you really need. Comes with the
water pan (to which we always added a splash of wine, herbs, onion and
garlic) and a door for adding soaked wood of choice and coals as needed.

http://www.americasbestbbq.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=455627763

I notice they also offer free shipping on this :)

Jill

Weber! Weber! He's are man! If he can't grill it, no one can!!!

Keep the Weber... buy yourself a cool go-cart. Kev

"jmcquown" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
>> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:
>>
>> I need a grill/smoker for the patio off of the kitchen. I want to use
>> it to make jerky and smoke briskets, ribs and chicken. I finally
>> gave up on the electric smoker and gave it to my neighbors. The free
>> smoker has insured a regular delivery of smoked salmon to my back
>> door ;) What I'm really looking for is a dummy proof smoker. Being
>> a novice cook; I think it best to start from the beginning.
>>
>> Michael

> Hmmm, that link you provided didn't look like a smoker to me. You
> might check the Weber smoker at the link I provided. Or, years ago I
> bought my brother Scott a Brinkman smoker for his birthday similar to
> the one in the link below. For beginning smoking it's all you really
> need. Comes with the water pan (to which we always added a splash of
> wine, herbs, onion and garlic) and a door for adding soaked wood of
> choice and coals as needed.
>
> http://www.americasbestbbq.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=455627763
>
> I notice they also offer free shipping on this :)
>
> Jill

I was just browsing around. No biggie. Thought it might be an interesting
addition.

Michael

--
“It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
_Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
> news:[email protected]:

> > Wayyyy too pricey IMHO for what it is.
> > I can get a really nice smoker for $200.00 that has more grill
> > space than that. Leave a smoker open to use as a grill.

> The price didn't bother me as much as the use of it. I mean, I can
> get the same results from my cheapie Webber. Maybe I'll buy a 2nd
> Webber.

You can do some pretty good "real" barbecue with the Weber kettle, but
it's not easy. Moving up to the Weber Smokey Mountain is a smoker that
gives great results. It's very friendly to use and built like a Weber,
with the Weber service behind it. Prices do seem to be up on it though,
closer to $250 these days.

I got mine on sale with a coupon from Amazon a couple of years ago, I
think it netted about $150 at the time, delivered. Looking it up in my
old email, $140.99 exactly. A number of us took advantage of that deal.

Brian

won't shut up.