This looks handy

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Michael \Dog3\ Lonergan, Jan 31, 2006.

  1. I saw this at SAM's club. Looked kind of interesting but I'm not ready to
    trade in my Webber just yet. Besides, there is always the gas grill.

    http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_shopping.jsp?mt=a&n=0&BV_SessionID=_SC_0
    458824956.1138730082_CS_&BV_EngineID=ccckaddglhgdifdcfkfcfkjdgoodflf.0&coe=
    0&oidPath=0%3a-23542%3a-30641%3a-38706%3a-46692%3a959801&fid=P23

    Or

    http://tinylink.com/?Bjwry6FXV8

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

    Tags:

  2. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    > I saw this at SAM's club. Looked kind of interesting but I'm not
    > ready to trade in my Webber just yet. Besides, there is always the
    > gas grill.
    >
    > http://tinylink.com/?Bjwry6FXV8
    >
    > Michael

    Yikes! Over $350 USD for a charcoal grill? I'd stick with the Weber kettle
    if it suits you. I love mine. Of course I don't know what size Weber you
    have. Mine is the 18.5". I don't need more space than that but they also
    make a 22.5" for $99 (free shipping right now on their website). If you
    want the fancy hinged grate and updated ash collector, aka the "one touch",
    it costs about $50 more but also free shipping.

    http://www.weberstuff.com/webchargril.html

    But I didn't order my 18.5" Weber from their website and I sure didn't pay
    anywhere close to $79 for it :)

    Jill

  3. "jmcquown" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    >> I saw this at SAM's club. Looked kind of interesting but I'm not
    >> ready to trade in my Webber just yet. Besides, there is always the
    >> gas grill.
    >>
    >> http://tinylink.com/?Bjwry6FXV8
    >>
    >> Michael

    > Yikes! Over $350 USD for a charcoal grill? I'd stick with the Weber
    > kettle if it suits you. I love mine. Of course I don't know what
    > size Weber you have. Mine is the 18.5". I don't need more space than
    > that but they also make a 22.5" for $99 (free shipping right now on
    > their website). If you want the fancy hinged grate and updated ash
    > collector, aka the "one touch", it costs about $50 more but also free
    > shipping.
    >
    > http://www.weberstuff.com/webchargril.html
    >
    > But I didn't order my 18.5" Weber from their website and I sure didn't
    > pay anywhere close to $79 for it :)
    >
    > Jill

    I love the Webber. Mine is the 18.5 and I've had it for years. I do clean
    it in late fall and cover it. Don't want any of that rusty flavor ;) I
    use the gas grill in the winter/spring/summer/fall ;)It's better than using
    the broiler and I can use seasoned wood chips.

    I need a grill/smoker for the patio off of the kitchen. I want to use it to
    make jerky and smoke briskets, ribs and chicken. I finally gave up on the
    electric smoker and gave it to my neighbors. The free smoker has insured a
    regular delivery of smoked salmon to my back door ;) What I'm really
    looking for is a dummy proof smoker. Being a novice cook; I think it best
    to start from the beginning.

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  4. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I saw this at SAM's club. Looked kind of interesting but I'm not ready to
    > trade in my Webber just yet. Besides, there is always the gas grill.
    >
    > http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_shopping.jsp?mt=a&n=0&BV_SessionID=_SC_0
    > 458824956.1138730082_CS_&BV_EngineID=ccckaddglhgdifdcfkfcfkjdgoodflf.0&coe=
    > 0&oidPath=0%3a-23542%3a-30641%3a-38706%3a-46692%3a959801&fid=P23
    >
    > Or
    >
    > http://tinylink.com/?Bjwry6FXV8
    >
    > Michael

    What I like most about this description of the grill is
    "includes four wheels with locking brakes."
    Struck me funny,
    Tee Hee.
    Dee Dee

  5. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I saw this at SAM's club. Looked kind of interesting but I'm not ready to
    > trade in my Webber just yet. Besides, there is always the gas grill.
    >
    > http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_shopping.jsp?mt=a&n=0&BV_SessionID=_SC_0
    > 458824956.1138730082_CS_&BV_EngineID=ccckaddglhgdifdcfkfcfkjdgoodflf.0&coe=
    > 0&oidPath=0%3a-23542%3a-30641%3a-38706%3a-46692%3a959801&fid=P23
    >
    > Or
    >
    > http://tinylink.com/?Bjwry6FXV8
    >
    > Michael

    Ouch!
    Wayyyy too pricey IMHO for what it is.
    I can get a really nice smoker for $200.00 that has more grill space
    than that. Leave a smoker open to use as a grill.
    --
    Om.

  6. OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I saw this at SAM's club. Looked kind of interesting but I'm not
    >> ready to trade in my Webber just yet. Besides, there is always the
    >> gas grill.
    >>
    >> http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_shopping.jsp?mt=a&n=0&BV_SessionID=
    >> _SC_0
    >> 458824956.1138730082_CS_&BV_EngineID=ccckaddglhgdifdcfkfcfkjdgoodflf.0
    >> &coe=
    >> 0&oidPath=0%3a-23542%3a-30641%3a-38706%3a-46692%3a959801&fid=P23
    >>
    >> Or
    >>
    >> http://tinylink.com/?Bjwry6FXV8
    >>
    >> Michael

    > Ouch!
    > Wayyyy too pricey IMHO for what it is.
    > I can get a really nice smoker for $200.00 that has more grill space
    > than that. Leave a smoker open to use as a grill.

    The price didn't bother me as much as the use of it. I mean, I can get the
    same results from my cheapie Webber. Maybe I'll buy a 2nd Webber.

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  7. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    > "jmcquown" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > I need a grill/smoker for the patio off of the kitchen. I want to use
    > it to make jerky and smoke briskets, ribs and chicken. I finally
    > gave up on the electric smoker and gave it to my neighbors. The free
    > smoker has insured a regular delivery of smoked salmon to my back
    > door ;) What I'm really looking for is a dummy proof smoker. Being
    > a novice cook; I think it best to start from the beginning.
    >
    > Michael

    Hmmm, that link you provided didn't look like a smoker to me. You might
    check the Weber smoker at the link I provided. Or, years ago I bought my
    brother Scott a Brinkman smoker for his birthday similar to the one in the
    link below. For beginning smoking it's all you really need. Comes with the
    water pan (to which we always added a splash of wine, herbs, onion and
    garlic) and a door for adding soaked wood of choice and coals as needed.

    http://www.americasbestbbq.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=455627763

    I notice they also offer free shipping on this :)

    Jill

  8. kevnbro

    kevnbro Guest

    Weber! Weber! He's are man! If he can't grill it, no one can!!!

    Keep the Weber... buy yourself a cool go-cart. Kev

  9. "jmcquown" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    >> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    >> news:[email protected]:
    >>
    >> I need a grill/smoker for the patio off of the kitchen. I want to use
    >> it to make jerky and smoke briskets, ribs and chicken. I finally
    >> gave up on the electric smoker and gave it to my neighbors. The free
    >> smoker has insured a regular delivery of smoked salmon to my back
    >> door ;) What I'm really looking for is a dummy proof smoker. Being
    >> a novice cook; I think it best to start from the beginning.
    >>
    >> Michael

    > Hmmm, that link you provided didn't look like a smoker to me. You
    > might check the Weber smoker at the link I provided. Or, years ago I
    > bought my brother Scott a Brinkman smoker for his birthday similar to
    > the one in the link below. For beginning smoking it's all you really
    > need. Comes with the water pan (to which we always added a splash of
    > wine, herbs, onion and garlic) and a door for adding soaked wood of
    > choice and coals as needed.
    >
    > http://www.americasbestbbq.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=455627763
    >
    > I notice they also offer free shipping on this :)
    >
    > Jill

    I was just browsing around. No biggie. Thought it might be an interesting
    addition.

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  10. Default User

    Default User Guest

    Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

    > OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:

    > > Wayyyy too pricey IMHO for what it is.
    > > I can get a really nice smoker for $200.00 that has more grill
    > > space than that. Leave a smoker open to use as a grill.

    > The price didn't bother me as much as the use of it. I mean, I can
    > get the same results from my cheapie Webber. Maybe I'll buy a 2nd
    > Webber.

    You can do some pretty good "real" barbecue with the Weber kettle, but
    it's not easy. Moving up to the Weber Smokey Mountain is a smoker that
    gives great results. It's very friendly to use and built like a Weber,
    with the Weber service behind it. Prices do seem to be up on it though,
    closer to $250 these days.

    I got mine on sale with a coupon from Amazon a couple of years ago, I
    think it netted about $150 at the time, delivered. Looking it up in my
    old email, $140.99 exactly. A number of us took advantage of that deal.

    Brian

    won't shut up.