'This made my day' stories

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by hansc, Jun 8, 2008.

  1. hansc

    hansc Guest

    I find it quite fascinating how small comments, gestures or other
    actions from total strangers can make you happy for the rest of the
    day. I'm not the only one who's experienced it, right? So share your
    stories here and spread the happiness. :)
    Since it's posted in RSU, it should be somehow related to unicycling.
    If there already is another thread with the same topic, please link to
    it and let this thread die.

    OK, I'll go first. Here in Sweden, most people don't like to get
    involved with strangers. A Swedish humor 'blog' (http://tjuvtittat.se)
    once posted 'this image' (http://tinyurl.com/4mpbx6) which is
    considered 'typical Sweden'.
    Anyway, to get to the point; being on a unicycle, passerbys tend to
    try to ignore you as much as they can. Fine with me, this means less
    "where's your other wheel?" comments. But when I was learning to ride
    there was one particular guy who didn't look in another direction when
    I noticed him. Instead he smiled, did a thumb up and said "Go go!". For
    some reason this really cheered me up and I kept training with a smile
    on my face.

    My other story happened today. I was outside practicing wheel walking
    in a (usually empty) parking lot when a Red Bull car drove by. The car
    stopped and two girls inside gave me a Red Bull. I'm not a fan of
    energy drinks but this time it hit the spot. I decided to drink it
    while it was cool and sat down to rest a little bit.
    But the story doesn't end here. Soon the car returned and the girls
    asked if they could take a photo of me drinking Red Bull on my
    unicycle, or 'pretty cool bike' as they put it. Of course I said yes.
    Unfortunately I had never tried drinking anything on a unicycle before,
    and being really tired, it was actually pretty hard to drink from the
    bottle while riding slowly. (Hey, I'm still a beginner). In the end I
    managed to do a small still stand while drinking, I hope it doesn't
    look as if I'm about to fall on the picture. Heh.

    Now, let's hear your stories!

    --
    hansc

  2. glen

    glen Guest

    hansc wrote:
    > Unfortunately I had never tried drinking anything on a unicycle
    > before...

    Really? Beer chugging was the first trick I learned on a unicycle.

    --
    glen