'This made my day' stories

hansc

Guest
I find it quite fascinating how small comments, gestures or other
actions from total strangers can make you happy for the rest of the
day. I'm not the only one who's experienced it, right? So share your
stories here and spread the happiness. :)
Since it's posted in RSU, it should be somehow related to unicycling.
If there already is another thread with the same topic, please link to
it and let this thread die.

OK, I'll go first. Here in Sweden, most people don't like to get
involved with strangers. A Swedish humor 'blog' (http://tjuvtittat.se)
once posted 'this image' (http://tinyurl.com/4mpbx6) which is
considered 'typical Sweden'.
Anyway, to get to the point; being on a unicycle, passerbys tend to
try to ignore you as much as they can. Fine with me, this means less
"where's your other wheel?" comments. But when I was learning to ride
there was one particular guy who didn't look in another direction when
I noticed him. Instead he smiled, did a thumb up and said "Go go!". For
some reason this really cheered me up and I kept training with a smile
on my face.

My other story happened today. I was outside practicing wheel walking
in a (usually empty) parking lot when a Red Bull car drove by. The car
stopped and two girls inside gave me a Red Bull. I'm not a fan of
energy drinks but this time it hit the spot. I decided to drink it
while it was cool and sat down to rest a little bit.
But the story doesn't end here. Soon the car returned and the girls
asked if they could take a photo of me drinking Red Bull on my
unicycle, or 'pretty cool bike' as they put it. Of course I said yes.
Unfortunately I had never tried drinking anything on a unicycle before,
and being really tired, it was actually pretty hard to drink from the
bottle while riding slowly. (Hey, I'm still a beginner). In the end I
managed to do a small still stand while drinking, I hope it doesn't
look as if I'm about to fall on the picture. Heh.

Now, let's hear your stories!

--
hansc

hansc wrote:
> Unfortunately I had never tried drinking anything on a unicycle
> before...

Really? Beer chugging was the first trick I learned on a unicycle.

--
glen