This method of losing weight is working for me, and hopefully for you too...

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Francispoon, Dec 20, 2003.

  1. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    I used to be very skeptical about people's ability to lose weight until I tried a method taught me
    by an expert some months ago.

    Eat practically everything 'boiled' with NO oil added. That means one should not eat salad with all
    that oily dressing too. Raw vegetables have rough fibres which are difficult for the stomach to
    digest without oil. Of course, doing away with oil does not mean one should increase the intake of
    food more so than before this method is applied.

    I have observed how fast my body is 'shrinking' once oil was done away with. And I am feeling very
    healthy. According to this expert, there is already enough oil in the meat we eat, and having them
    'boiled away' even helps more!

    FP

    Tags:

  2. francispoon wrote:

    > I used to be very skeptical about people's ability to lose weight until I tried a method taught me
    > by an expert some months ago.
    >
    > Eat practically everything 'boiled' with NO oil added. That means one should not eat salad with
    > all that oily dressing too. Raw vegetables have rough fibres which are difficult for the stomach
    > to digest without oil. Of course, doing away with oil does not mean one should increase the intake
    > of food more so than before this method is applied.
    >
    > I have observed how fast my body is 'shrinking' once oil was done away with. And I am feeling very
    > healthy. According to this expert, there is already enough oil in the meat we eat, and having them
    > 'boiled away' even helps more!
    >
    > FP

    The 2PD approach in my experience is easier to sustain for the duration of one's life.

    Ask your doctor about it:

    http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

    Humble servant of an all-knowing Christ,

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 9:53:11 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
    (in message <3FE462[email protected]>):

    > francispoon wrote:
    >
    >> I used to be very skeptical about people's ability to lose weight until I tried a method taught
    >> me by an expert some months ago.
    >>
    >> Eat practically everything 'boiled' with NO oil added. That means one should not eat salad with
    >> all that oily dressing too. Raw vegetables have rough fibres which are difficult for the stomach
    >> to digest without oil. Of course, doing away with oil does not mean one should increase the
    >> intake of food more so than before this method is applied.
    >>
    >> I have observed how fast my body is 'shrinking' once oil was done away with. And I am feeling
    >> very healthy. According to this expert, there is already enough oil in the meat we eat, and
    >> having them 'boiled away' even helps more!
    >>
    >> FP
    >
    > The 2PD approach in my experience is easier to sustain for the duration of one's life.

    And, as an added benefit, may in fact shorten it :)

    Francis, you might also consider the 2FD approach, which is based on
    Dr. Chung's 2PD approach, but is somewhat easier and more practical to follow. It has the same
    scientific basis and published track record.

    I developed the Two Foot Diet approach (2FD) as a replacement for Dr. Chung's Amazing Logic Defying
    Two Pound Diet to avoid having to carry a scale around.

    Inspired by Dr. Chung's scientific approach, as described on his website, in 2003, my wife and I
    attended an IMAX film about climbing the Bavarian Alps and learned that despite their exhausting
    regimen, the climbers consumed only 10 packages of wieners per week. That's less than 2 feet of
    wieners per day! Since none of the climbers died from starvation, I think it is safe to assume that
    2 feet of food per day should be more than adequate for us non-climbing folks.

    So I started a little experiment with the agreeable obese friends in my neighborhood. I gave them
    ordinary 6 inch rulers with instructions to measure the length of everything substantial that passed
    into their mouths. The only things exempted were water and sugar-free drinks. What I learned was
    that my obese friends were consuming between 8 to 12 feet of food per day! At the time, I was about
    10 lbs. over my ideal body weight so I decided to find out how much I was eating per day... 3 feet.
    I cut back to less than 2 feet and was at my proper weight in one month.

    My friends have responded similarly except they have taken longer because of having to lose more
    weight. Admittedly, some of my obese friends were especially slow to respond. They also happen to be
    the ones with an unfortunate propensity for accidentally loosing their 6 inch rulers and taking
    weeks to buy replacements.

    So here's the deal: measure all the food you eat, using it's longest dimension, and keep the
    total length to less than two feet per day. That's all there is. No scales, no counting calories
    or carbohydrates. Heck, if you loose your ruler, you can even use the first joint of your thumb
    to measure.

    I am making this diet available as a public service and without compensation.

    If you have any questions, just see Dr. Chung's helpful FAQ and substitute "Two Feet" for "Two
    Pounds" everywhere... what could be simpler?

    "If I have seen farther than others, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of midgets"

    --
    "Beware of practicing your piety before men in order to be seen by them; for then you will have no
    reward from your Father who is in heaven." (Mat 6:1)

    Steve

  4. Quack, quack! Olive oil is good for you. If you don't continue boiling etc your weight will come
    right back. You don't need to eat red meat at all. How many journal articles has this "expert"
    published?

    [email protected] (francispoon) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I used to be very skeptical about people's ability to lose weight until I tried a method taught me
    > by an expert some months ago.
    >
    > Eat practically everything 'boiled' with NO oil added. That means one should not eat salad with
    > all that oily dressing too. Raw vegetables have rough fibres which are difficult for the stomach
    > to digest without oil. Of course, doing away with oil does not mean one should increase the intake
    > of food more so than before this method is applied.
    >
    > I have observed how fast my body is 'shrinking' once oil was done away with. And I am feeling very
    > healthy. According to this expert, there is already enough oil in the meat we eat, and having them
    > 'boiled away' even helps more!
    >
    > FP

  5. mattb

    mattb Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 9:56:34 -0500, Steve <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"If I have seen farther than others, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of midgets"

    LOL No kidding. <g>

    If you'd like to add a bit of good advice to this, you might suggest that people check other
    diets as well. There are many that would be far better than the spam diet. Or is it the "True
    Believers" diet? <g>

    Your 2FD does remind us of the needed perspective regarding the spam diet, though. <g> Keep
    it up. Matt

  6. Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 9:53:11 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote (in message
    > <[email protected]>):
    >
    > > francispoon wrote:
    > >
    > >> I used to be very skeptical about people's ability to lose weight until I tried a method taught
    > >> me by an expert some months ago.
    > >>
    > >> Eat practically everything 'boiled' with NO oil added. That means one should not eat salad with
    > >> all that oily dressing too. Raw vegetables have rough fibres which are difficult for the
    > >> stomach to digest without oil. Of course, doing away with oil does not mean one should increase
    > >> the intake of food more so than before this method is applied.
    > >>
    > >> I have observed how fast my body is 'shrinking' once oil was done away with. And I am feeling
    > >> very healthy. According to this expert, there is already enough oil in the meat we eat, and
    > >> having them 'boiled away' even helps more!
    > >>
    > >> FP
    > >
    > > The 2PD approach in my experience is easier to sustain for the duration of one's life.

    > <humorous parody of http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp snipped>

    Thank you, neighbor, for the flattery implied by your reaction.

    Humbly,

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    http://www.heartmdphd.com/

  7. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:50:22 -0500, Brad Sheppard wrote
    (in message <[email protected]>):

    > Quack, quack! Olive oil is good for you. If you don't continue boiling etc your weight will come
    > right back. You don't need to eat red meat at all. How many journal articles has this "expert"
    > published?

    Brad, if that is the criterion, how come you didn't ask Chung the same question about his 2PD
    recommendation? Does Chung get a free pass?

    --

    Steve

  8. Brad Sheppard wrote:

    > Quack, quack!

    Francispoon has not been misrepresenting himself/herself to be a doctor.

    > Olive oil is good for you.

    In moderation.

    > If you don't continue boiling etc your weight will come right back.

    Probably.

    > You don't need to eat red meat at all. How many journal articles has this "expert" published?

    Meat does usually have at least a small amount of fat.

    > [email protected] (francispoon) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I used to be very skeptical about people's ability to lose weight until I tried a method taught
    > > me by an expert some months ago.
    > >
    > > Eat practically everything 'boiled' with NO oil added. That means one should not eat salad with
    > > all that oily dressing too. Raw vegetables have rough fibres which are difficult for the stomach
    > > to digest without oil. Of course, doing away with oil does not mean one should increase the
    > > intake of food more so than before this method is applied.
    > >
    > > I have observed how fast my body is 'shrinking' once oil was done away with. And I am feeling
    > > very healthy. According to this expert, there is already enough oil in the meat we eat, and
    > > having them 'boiled away' even helps more!
    > >
    > > FP

    Thanks for sharing, FP. Sorry you were "attacked."

    Humbly,

    Andrew

    --

  9. Steve wrote:

    > On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:50:22 -0500, Brad Sheppard wrote (in message
    > <[email protected]>):
    >
    > > Quack, quack! Olive oil is good for you. If you don't continue boiling etc your weight will come
    > > right back. You don't need to eat red meat at all. How many journal articles has this "expert"
    > > published?
    >
    > Brad, if that is the criterion, how come you didn't ask Chung the same question about his 2PD
    > recommendation?

    Probably because I am a licensed physician.

    > Does Chung get a free pass?

    Yes, the 2PD approach is free.

    Go ahead and ask your doctor about it, Steve. It likely will help you live longer.

    See:

    http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

    Humbly,

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    http://www.heartmdphd.com/

  10. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:57:07 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
    (in message <[email protected]>):

    > Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 9:53:11 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote (in message
    >> <[email protected]>):

    >>> The 2PD approach in my experience is easier to sustain for the duration of one's life.
    >
    >> <humorous parody of http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp snipped>
    >
    > Thank you, neighbor, for the flattery implied by your reaction.

    You're welcome, neighbor... parody is only humorous if it is true :)

    I agree the 2PD is a real chuckle-flusher in and of itself... I love the Imax story... and am glad
    you have no hard feelings about me piggy-backing on it. Actually, I'm nominating the 2PD as the Best
    Web Joke of 2003. I know you are Humble and hope you won't have any problem accepting the award
    should you get it.

    --
    "Beware of practicing your piety before men in order to be seen by them; for then you will have no
    reward from your Father who is in heaven." (Mat 6:1)

    Steve

  11. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 16:20:20 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
    (in message <[email protected]>):

    > Steve wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:50:22 -0500, Brad Sheppard wrote (in message
    >> <[email protected]>):
    >>
    >>> Quack, quack! Olive oil is good for you. If you don't continue boiling etc your weight will come
    >>> right back. You don't need to eat red meat at all. How many journal articles has this "expert"
    >>> published?
    >>
    >> Brad, if that is the criterion, how come you didn't ask Chung the same question about his 2PD
    >> recommendation?
    >
    > Probably because I am a licensed physician.

    Although you are certainly free to put words in Brad's mouth, I hope you will not think ill of me if
    I would prefer to hear from Brad that licensed physicians do not have to substantiate any claim
    which they make.

    --
    "Beware of practicing your piety before men in order to be seen by them; for then you will have no
    reward from your Father who is in heaven." (Mat 6:1)

    Steve

  12. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 16:16:41 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote
    (in message <[email protected]>):

    > [Snip]

    > Thanks for sharing, FP. Sorry you were "attacked."

    I agree.

    And sorry Chung saw this as yet another opportunity to foist off his loony 2PD at your expense. One
    could easily get the impression that that, marketing his website, and proselytizing are his only
    motives for participation in this group.

    --
    "Beware of practicing your piety before men in order to be seen by them; for then you will have no
    reward from your Father who is in heaven." (Mat 6:1)

    Steve

  13. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > francispoon wrote:
    >
    > > I used to be very skeptical about people's ability to lose weight until I tried a method taught
    > > me by an expert some months ago.
    > >
    > > Eat practically everything 'boiled' with NO oil added. That means one should not eat salad with
    > > all that oily dressing too. Raw vegetables have rough fibres which are difficult for the stomach
    > > to digest without oil. Of course, doing away with oil does not mean one should increase the
    > > intake of food more so than before this method is applied.
    > >
    > > I have observed how fast my body is 'shrinking' once oil was done away with. And I am feeling
    > > very healthy. According to this expert, there is already enough oil in the meat we eat, and
    > > having them 'boiled away' even helps more!
    > >
    > > FP
    >
    > The 2PD approach in my experience is easier to sustain for the duration of one's life.

    The whole concept of gaining weight or losing weight *seems* to lie in the relationship of input
    and output.

    Question: Could I go for a weight losing program first before considering taking any cholestrol-
    reducing drugs? Would losing weight mean lowering cholestrol an triglycerides level?

    THX

    FP

    > Ask your doctor about it:
    >
    > http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp
    >

    > Humble servant of an all-knowing Christ,
    >
    > Andrew

  14. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    [email protected] (Brad Sheppard) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Quack, quack! Olive oil is good for you. If you don't continue boiling etc your weight will come
    > right back.

    Oliver oil may work for you and many. But many people in other parts of the world use peanut oil,
    and in North America a lot of butter or animal fat in their daily life. Boiling these kinds of oil
    away is a good start.

    Rdg.,

    FP
    =====================
    You don't need to eat
    > red meat at all. How many journal articles has this "expert" published?
    >
    > [email protected] (francispoon) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I used to be very skeptical about people's ability to lose weight until I tried a method taught
    > > me by an expert some months ago.
    > >
    > > Eat practically everything 'boiled' with NO oil added. That means one should not eat salad with
    > > all that oily dressing too. Raw vegetables have rough fibres which are difficult for the stomach
    > > to digest without oil. Of course, doing away with oil does not mean one should increase the
    > > intake of food more so than before this method is applied.
    > >
    > > I have observed how fast my body is 'shrinking' once oil was done away with. And I am feeling
    > > very healthy. According to this expert, there is already enough oil in the meat we eat, and
    > > having them 'boiled away' even helps more!
    > >
    > > FP

  15. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    "francispoon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > The whole concept of gaining weight or losing weight *seems* to lie in the relationship of input
    > and output.
    >
    > Question: Could I go for a weight losing program first before considering taking any cholestrol-
    > reducing drugs? Would losing weight mean lowering cholestrol an triglycerides level?
    >
    > THX
    >
    > FP

    Yes - usually combined with exercise to help raise HDL. In fact unless things are really bad, most
    Drs. recommend trying diet and exercise first before turning to drugs - if the diet and exercise
    does not work. Though I really don't know if it is a matter of losing weight itself vs. a change in
    what you eat causing the change in your body's make up. For example, I don't think Liposuction would
    help your cholesterol level, but I'm not 100% sure.

    Bill

  16. No, in a previous post I "quacked" him as well. 2lb diet makes no sense - 2lbs of fat a day is
    unhealthy - 10 lbs of salad daily is healthy.

    Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:50:22 -0500, Brad Sheppard wrote (in message
    > <[email protected]>):
    >
    > > Quack, quack! Olive oil is good for you. If you don't continue boiling etc your weight will come
    > > right back. You don't need to eat red meat at all. How many journal articles has this "expert"
    > > published?
    >
    > Brad, if that is the criterion, how come you didn't ask Chung the same question about his 2PD
    > recommendation? Does Chung get a free pass?

  17. Jack

    Jack Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 21:04:34 -0500, Brad Sheppard wrote
    (in message <[email protected]>):

    > No, in a previous post I "quacked" him as well. 2lb diet makes no sense - 2lbs of fat a day is
    > unhealthy - 10 lbs of salad daily is healthy.

    Thanks. Chung, of course had already spoken for you :)

    --

    Steve

    > Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:50:22 -0500, Brad Sheppard wrote
    >> (in message <[email protected]>):
    >>
    >>> Quack, quack! Olive oil is good for you. If you don't continue
    >>> boiling etc your weight will come right back. You don't need to eat
    >>> red meat at all. How many journal articles has this "expert"
    >>> published?
    >>
    >> Brad, if that is the criterion, how come you didn't ask Chung the same
    >> question about his 2PD recommendation? Does Chung get a free pass?

    --

    Jack

  18. Phil Holman

    Phil Holman Guest

    "Brad Sheppard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > No, in a previous post I "quacked" him as well. 2lb diet makes no sense - 2lbs of fat a day is
    > unhealthy

    2lbs of fat a day is healthier than 4lbs of fat a day. 2lbs of regular food a day is probably
    healthier than 4lbs. Do you see how this works? There's no need to pretend being a moron to make it
    look like it doesn't work. Unless of course you ...........oh never mind.

    Phil Holman

    > Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:50:22 -0500, Brad Sheppard wrote (in message
    > > <[email protected]>):
    > >
    > > > Quack, quack! Olive oil is good for you. If you don't continue boiling etc your weight will
    > > > come right back. You don't need to
    eat
    > > > red meat at all. How many journal articles has this "expert" published?
    > >
    > > Brad, if that is the criterion, how come you didn't ask Chung the
    same
    > > question about his 2PD recommendation? Does Chung get a free pass?

  19. Francispoon

    Francispoon Guest

    Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 16:16:41 -0500, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote (in message
    > <[email protected]>):
    >
    > > [Snip]
    >
    > > Thanks for sharing, FP. Sorry you were "attacked."
    >
    > I agree.
    >
    > And sorry Chung saw this as yet another opportunity to foist off his loony 2PD at your expense.
    > One could easily get the impression that that, marketing his website, and proselytizing are his
    > only motives for participation in this group.

    I have not been following up his 2PD approach and thus would refrain from commenting. However, it
    was Dr. Chung that brought to my attention the dangerous use of short-lived beta-blocker for my bp,
    for which I have been 'saved' and to whom I am immensely grateful! None of the 7 doctors in this
    part of the world at that time realized why my bp was going up and down like a yo-yo.

    FP

  20. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 21:15:34 -0500, Jack wrote
    (in message <[email protected]>):

    Whoops! That's what I get for using someone else's computer :)

    Wouldn't want anyone to think I was trying to avoid kill filters by changing my name :)