This method of losing weight is working for me, and hopefully for you too...

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Francispoon, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Thorsten Schier <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" schrieb:
    > >
    > > Thorsten Schier wrote:
    > >
    > > > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" schrieb:
    > > > >
    > > > > [email protected] (bjmpls) wrote in message
    > > > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > > > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<
    > > > > > >
    > > > > > > Go ahead and ask your doctor about it, Steve. It likely will help you live longer.
    > > > > > >
    > > > > > > See:
    > > > > > >
    > > > > > > http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Let me save you the trouble. I asked my doctor about it. She said it was one of the
    > > > > > weirdest fad diets she ever heard of, and also opined that it could be dangerous.
    > > > >
    > > > > Truth be told, I get lots of emails from physician-colleagues about the 2PD approach. There
    > > > > is skepticism about "die-hard" obese patients having enough "willpower" but there has been
    > > > > *no* question about the safety of this approach especially with there is doctor supervision
    > > > > per the "instructions".
    > > >
    > > > Why would any physician that regards your diet as a dangerous fad diet care to email you, as
    > > > they probably won't consider it for their patients anyway?
    > >
    > > Because the physician is conscientious. Because if one patient asks, then there may be many of
    > > his/her patients who are on it, who have not asked.
    > >
    > > > Have you ever emailed Dr. Atkins or Drs. Eades and Eades about your concerns about their
    > > > diets?
    > > >
    > >
    > > Those concerns have been voiced publically by other physicians already.
    >
    > And concerns about your diet have been voiced publically on this newsgroup already.

Not by physicians.

> > >
    > > > > If you are writing truthfully about your doctor's opinion, I would encourage you to have
    > > > > your doctor email me with her concerns. Until then, please excuse my doubting that you are
    > > > > truthful. My scepticism is founded on your past comments.
    > > >
    > > > We only have your word for the success of your diet among your patients and friends.
    > >
    > > And, you know I write truthfully.
    >
    > Sorry, I don't have the "gift of truth discernment", so I cannot know this for sure. However, I do
    > think that you believe what you write to be true, most of the time (with some exceptions, for
    > example when you claimed to have crossposted for Mr. Pastorios "convenience").

(It was for his convenience to ensure that my response to his post would be read by him).

> > > And we have only your word about what other physicians write to you.
    > >
    > > And, you have evidence archived in Google that I write truthfully.
    > >
    > > > If you want us to believe that you are truthful to us on this, you should not be so hasty with
    > > > questioning the personal experiences of others.
    > >
    > > The gift of truth discernment allows me to be patiently skeptical.
    > >
    >
    > Oh, well, I have to agree with Dr. Nagler that you don't excactly come across as being
    > very humble.

You have free will.

Humbly,

Andrew

--
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-certified Cardiologist
    http://www.heartmdphd.com/