This mom BEGS to be treated

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Felice Friese, May 11, 2004.

  1. I just don't understand all those mothers who are reluctant
    to be treated to something special.

    Yesterday my daughter and son-in-law invited me for Cajun-
    coated shrimp fried in (gasp!) bacon fat, grits with a
    fantastic deep, dark gravy that started with bacon and
    morels, and a so much of a luscious white wine that I ended
    up sleeping over rather than driving home. (Do they love me
    or are they trying to kill me?)

    And when I did leave, it was with a bunch of hugs from the
    grands and a mammoth, deep blue hydrangea.

    Now what's wrong with THAT, for heaven's sake?

    Felice

    Tags:

  2. "Felice Friese" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]_s54>...
    > I just don't understand all those mothers who are
    > reluctant to be treated to something special.
    >
    > Yesterday my daughter and son-in-law invited me for Cajun-
    > coated shrimp fried in (gasp!) bacon fat, grits with a
    > fantastic deep, dark gravy that started with bacon and
    > morels, and a so much of a luscious white wine that I
    > ended up sleeping over rather than driving home. (Do they
    > love me or are they trying to kill me?)
    >
    > And when I did leave, it was with a bunch of hugs from the
    > grands and a mammoth, deep blue hydrangea.
    >
    > Now what's wrong with THAT, for heaven's sake?
    >
    > Felice

    Nothing that I can see -- except maybe mild indigestion the
    morning after. =o)

    Melissa

  3. Wardna

    Wardna Guest

    >don't understand all those mothers who are reluctant to be
    >treated to something special

    >Now what's wrong with THAT, for heaven's sake?

    Some moms may be so used to storing up a sense of obligation
    in their children, for future liquidation, that they have
    become, over the years, reluctant to make unnecessary
    withdrawals from the account.

    It's called "growing up in the great depression."

    Neil