This mom BEGS to be treated

Felice Friese

Guest
I just don't understand all those mothers who are reluctant
to be treated to something special.

Yesterday my daughter and son-in-law invited me for Cajun-
coated shrimp fried in (gasp!) bacon fat, grits with a
fantastic deep, dark gravy that started with bacon and
morels, and a so much of a luscious white wine that I ended
up sleeping over rather than driving home. (Do they love me
or are they trying to kill me?)

And when I did leave, it was with a bunch of hugs from the
grands and a mammoth, deep blue hydrangea.

Now what's wrong with THAT, for heaven's sake?

Felice

"Felice Friese" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<TrMnc.62734$0H1.6074297@attbi_s54>...
> I just don't understand all those mothers who are
> reluctant to be treated to something special.
>
> Yesterday my daughter and son-in-law invited me for Cajun-
> coated shrimp fried in (gasp!) bacon fat, grits with a
> fantastic deep, dark gravy that started with bacon and
> morels, and a so much of a luscious white wine that I
> ended up sleeping over rather than driving home. (Do they
> love me or are they trying to kill me?)
>
> And when I did leave, it was with a bunch of hugs from the
> grands and a mammoth, deep blue hydrangea.
>
> Now what's wrong with THAT, for heaven's sake?
>
> Felice

Nothing that I can see -- except maybe mild indigestion the
morning after. =o)

Melissa

>don't understand all those mothers who are reluctant to be
>treated to something special

>Now what's wrong with THAT, for heaven's sake?

Some moms may be so used to storing up a sense of obligation
in their children, for future liquidation, that they have
become, over the years, reluctant to make unnecessary
withdrawals from the account.

It's called "growing up in the great depression."

Neil