This Morning

Paul J

New Member
Apr 10, 2003
I had a fantastic ride this morning. After being off the bike for the past couple of weeks 'cause the road bike seems to be having trouble with it's gears, I finally pulled my finger out set the mountain bike up nicely. Just 10k into work but damn it felt good to be back in the saddle again.

> I had a fantastic ride this morning. After being off the bike for the past couple of weeks 'cause
> the road bike seems to be having trouble with it's gears, I finally pulled my finger out set the
> mountain bike up nicely. Just 10k into work but damn it felt good to be back in the saddle again.

Nice one Paul. I've had a shoulder injury since April, which has kept me off the bike. I'd love 10km
right now -- in fact, I'd probably be happy with 2km... But I finally got the word from the physio
that I can start getting back in the saddle in another fortnight. The day that it happens is going
to be a very happy day :)

Good one Paul....

I'm back onto a road bike after nearly 4 years of hesitance on a roadie, due to an accident
involving a race pack, and a car...

Doing about 20 kms a day on my lovely new Giant TCR2, with a view to ATBIAD in October... :)

"Justin Mansfield" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BB175797.53A7%[email protected]...
> > I had a fantastic ride this morning. After being off the bike for the past couple of weeks
> > 'cause the road bike seems to be having trouble with it's gears, I finally pulled my finger out
> > set the mountain bike up nicely. Just 10k into work but damn it felt good to be back in the
> > saddle again.
>

> Nice one Paul. I've had a shoulder injury since April, which has kept me
off
> the bike. I'd love 10km right now -- in fact, I'd probably be happy with 2km... But I finally got
> the word from the physio that I can start getting back in the saddle in another fortnight. The day
> that it happens is going
> be a very happy day :)

I'm back onto a road bike after nearly 4 years of hesitance on a roadie, due to an accident
involving a race pack, and a car...

Doing about 20 kms a day on my lovely new Giant TCR2, with a view to ATBIAD in October... :)

And here I am complaining about a couple of weeks off. I feel bad now. I must be well and truly addicted to this.

Yeah, but you get that on the big jobs, y'know.... I was doing about 20 kms a day on a MTB
commuting, and 80-100 per weekend, but the k's were really starting to make me hurt... Hence the
move back to the roadie...