This morning's ride

Mike Jacoubowsk

Guest
From today's almost-daily diary entry (www.ChainReaction.com/diary.htm)

02/27/03- INTERESTING VISION as I descended 84 from Sky Londa and came to the intersection at the
bottom, where Portola Road comes in, and cars sometimes make a left turn in front of you
while you're traveling at high speed. For a moment it appeared a propane tanker was about to
do just that, and I had this bizarre vision of me slamming into it with an apocalyptic
fireball the result. **** (our Redwood City sales manager) thinks I've been watching too
many movies... the likely result would have more likely been a dented front grill, maybe a
broken headlight if I did any real damage (to the truck; I'm sure I would have been pretty
messed up).

At least you'd be warm!

This winter here in NH will not quit. Finally, today was over 32 deg but the roads are either sand,
holes or ice.

L8tr PB

Mike Jacoubowsky <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> From today's almost-daily diary entry (www.ChainReaction.com/diary.htm)
>
> 02/27/03- INTERESTING VISION as I descended 84 from Sky Londa and came to the intersection at the
> bottom, where Portola Road comes in, and cars sometimes make a left turn in front of you
> while you're traveling at high speed. For a moment it appeared a propane tanker was about
> to do just
that,
> and I had this bizarre vision of me slamming into it with an apocalyptic fireball the result. ****
> (our Redwood City sales manager) thinks I've
been
> watching too many movies... the likely result would have more likely been
> dented front grill, maybe a broken headlight if I did any real damage (to the truck; I'm sure I
> would have been pretty messed up).

> This winter here in NH will not quit. Finally, today was over 32 deg but the roads are either
> sand, holes or ice.

So I noticed. I'm heading out to DC for the Bike Summit next week, looks like more of the
same. Yuck!

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles http://www.ChainReaction.com

"pixelbrainz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> At least you'd be warm!
>
> This winter here in NH will not quit. Finally, today was over 32 deg but the roads are either
> sand, holes or ice.
>
> L8tr PB
>
> Mike Jacoubowsky <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > From today's almost-daily diary entry (www.ChainReaction.com/diary.htm)
> >
> > 02/27/03- INTERESTING VISION as I descended 84 from Sky Londa and came
> > the intersection at the bottom, where Portola Road comes in, and cars sometimes make a left turn
> > in front of you while you're traveling at
high
> > speed. For a moment it appeared a propane tanker was about to do just
> that,
> > and I had this bizarre vision of me slamming into it with an apocalyptic fireball the result.
> > **** (our Redwood City sales manager) thinks I've
> been
> > watching too many movies... the likely result would have more likely
been
> > dented front grill, maybe a broken headlight if I did any real damage
> > the truck; I'm sure I would have been pretty messed up).
> >
> > --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

--------------040409030504090906020205 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed

I'd like to thank Mother Nature for this fine winter. My past 3 days skiing on 80-116 inches of snow
in WV was splendid! :) The 5 inches of powder yesterday was a bonus!

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

>>This winter here in NH will not quit. Finally, today was over 32 deg but the roads are either
>>sand, holes or ice.
>>

>So I noticed. I'm heading out to DC for the Bike Summit next week, looks like more of the
>same. Yuck!
>
>--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles http://www.ChainReaction.com
>
>"pixelbrainz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>

>>At least you'd be warm!
>>
>>This winter here in NH will not quit. Finally, today was over 32 deg but the roads are either
>>sand, holes or ice.
>>
>>L8tr PB
>>
>>Mike Jacoubowsky <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>

>>>From today's almost-daily diary entry (www.ChainReaction.com/diary.htm)
>>>
>>> 02/27/03- INTERESTING VISION as I descended 84 from Sky Londa and came

>>>the intersection at the bottom, where Portola Road comes in, and cars sometimes make a left turn
>>>in front of you while you're traveling at
>>>

>high
>

>>>speed. For a moment it appeared a propane tanker was about to do just
>>>

>>that,
>>

>>>and I had this bizarre vision of me slamming into it with an apocalyptic fireball the result.
>>>**** (our Redwood City sales manager) thinks I've
>>>

>>been
>>

>>>watching too many movies... the likely result would have more likely
>>>

>been

>>>dented front grill, maybe a broken headlight if I did any real damage

>>>the truck; I'm sure I would have been pretty messed up).
>>>
>>>--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

--------------040409030504090906020205 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

</head> <body> I'd like to thank Mother Nature for this fine winter. My past 3 days skiing on
80-116 inches of snow in WV was splendid! :) The 5 inches of powder yesterday was a
cite="[email protected]"> <blockquote type="cite"> <pre
wrap="">This winter here in NH will not quit. Finally, today was over 32 deg but the roads are
to DC for the Bike Summit next week, looks like more of the same. Yuck!

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.ChainReaction.com">http://www.ChainReaction.com</a>

"pixelbrainz" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:p[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote in message <a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:[email protected]">-
<pre wrap="">At least you'd be warm!

This winter here in NH will not quit. Finally, today was over 32 deg but the roads are either sand,
holes or ice.

L8tr PB

Mike Jacoubowsky <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote in message <a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:[email protected]">news:5gB7-
today's almost-daily diary entry (<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="http://www.ChainReaction.com/diary.htm">www.ChainReaction.com/diary.htm</a>)

02/27/03- INTERESTING VISION as I descended 84 from Sky Londa and came </pre> </blockquote>
<pre wrap="">the intersection at the bottom, where Portola Road comes in, and cars sometimes
wrap="">speed. For a moment it appeared a propane tanker was about to do just </pre>
bizarre vision of me slamming into it with an apocalyptic fireball the result. **** (our
front grill, maybe a broken headlight if I did any real damage </pre> </blockquote>
type="cite"> <pre wrap="">the truck; I'm sure I would have been pretty messed up).

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com">http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com</a>

--------------040409030504090906020205--