This morning's ride

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Mike Jacoubowsk, Feb 27, 2003.

  1. From today's almost-daily diary entry (www.ChainReaction.com/diary.htm)

    02/27/03- INTERESTING VISION as I descended 84 from Sky Londa and came to the intersection at the
    bottom, where Portola Road comes in, and cars sometimes make a left turn in front of you
    while you're traveling at high speed. For a moment it appeared a propane tanker was about to
    do just that, and I had this bizarre vision of me slamming into it with an apocalyptic
    fireball the result. Dick (our Redwood City sales manager) thinks I've been watching too
    many movies... the likely result would have more likely been a dented front grill, maybe a
    broken headlight if I did any real damage (to the truck; I'm sure I would have been pretty
    messed up).

  2. Pixelbrainz

    Pixelbrainz Guest

    At least you'd be warm!

    This winter here in NH will not quit. Finally, today was over 32 deg but the roads are either sand,
    holes or ice.

    L8tr PB

    Mike Jacoubowsky <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > From today's almost-daily diary entry (www.ChainReaction.com/diary.htm)
    >
    > 02/27/03- INTERESTING VISION as I descended 84 from Sky Londa and came to the intersection at the
    > bottom, where Portola Road comes in, and cars sometimes make a left turn in front of you
    > while you're traveling at high speed. For a moment it appeared a propane tanker was about
    > to do just
    that,
    > and I had this bizarre vision of me slamming into it with an apocalyptic fireball the result. Dick
    > (our Redwood City sales manager) thinks I've
    been
    > watching too many movies... the likely result would have more likely been
    > dented front grill, maybe a broken headlight if I did any real damage (to the truck; I'm sure I
    > would have been pretty messed up).

  3. > This winter here in NH will not quit. Finally, today was over 32 deg but the roads are either
    > sand, holes or ice.

    So I noticed. I'm heading out to DC for the Bike Summit next week, looks like more of the
    same. Yuck!

    --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles http://www.ChainReaction.com

    "pixelbrainz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > At least you'd be warm!
    >
    > This winter here in NH will not quit. Finally, today was over 32 deg but the roads are either
    > sand, holes or ice.
    >
    > L8tr PB
    >
    > Mike Jacoubowsky <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > From today's almost-daily diary entry (www.ChainReaction.com/diary.htm)
    > >
    > > 02/27/03- INTERESTING VISION as I descended 84 from Sky Londa and came
    > > the intersection at the bottom, where Portola Road comes in, and cars sometimes make a left turn
    > > in front of you while you're traveling at
    high
    > > speed. For a moment it appeared a propane tanker was about to do just
    > that,
    > > and I had this bizarre vision of me slamming into it with an apocalyptic fireball the result.
    > > Dick (our Redwood City sales manager) thinks I've
    > been
    > > watching too many movies... the likely result would have more likely
    been
    > > dented front grill, maybe a broken headlight if I did any real damage
    > > the truck; I'm sure I would have been pretty messed up).
    > >
    > > --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

  4. Cycling Joe

    Cycling Joe Guest

    --------------040409030504090906020205 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed

    I'd like to thank Mother Nature for this fine winter. My past 3 days skiing on 80-116 inches of snow
    in WV was splendid! :) The 5 inches of powder yesterday was a bonus!

    Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

    >>This winter here in NH will not quit. Finally, today was over 32 deg but the roads are either
    >>sand, holes or ice.
    >>

    >So I noticed. I'm heading out to DC for the Bike Summit next week, looks like more of the
    >same. Yuck!
    >
    >--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles http://www.ChainReaction.com
    >
    >"pixelbrainz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >

    >>At least you'd be warm!
    >>
    >>This winter here in NH will not quit. Finally, today was over 32 deg but the roads are either
    >>sand, holes or ice.
    >>
    >>L8tr PB
    >>
    >>Mike Jacoubowsky <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...
    >>

    >>>From today's almost-daily diary entry (www.ChainReaction.com/diary.htm)
    >>>
    >>> 02/27/03- INTERESTING VISION as I descended 84 from Sky Londa and came

    >>>the intersection at the bottom, where Portola Road comes in, and cars sometimes make a left turn
    >>>in front of you while you're traveling at
    >>>

    >high
    >

    >>>speed. For a moment it appeared a propane tanker was about to do just
    >>>

    >>that,
    >>

    >>>and I had this bizarre vision of me slamming into it with an apocalyptic fireball the result.
    >>>Dick (our Redwood City sales manager) thinks I've
    >>>

    >>been
    >>

    >>>watching too many movies... the likely result would have more likely
    >>>

    >been

    >>>dented front grill, maybe a broken headlight if I did any real damage

    >>>the truck; I'm sure I would have been pretty messed up).
    >>>
    >>>--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

    --------------040409030504090906020205 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

    </head> <body> I'd like to thank Mother Nature for this fine winter. My past 3 days skiing on
    80-116 inches of snow in WV was splendid! :) The 5 inches of powder yesterday was a
    cite="[email protected]"> <blockquote type="cite"> <pre
    wrap="">This winter here in NH will not quit. Finally, today was over 32 deg but the roads are
    to DC for the Bike Summit next week, looks like more of the same. Yuck!

    --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
    href="http://www.ChainReaction.com">http://www.ChainReaction.com</a>

    "pixelbrainz" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
    href="mailto:p[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote in message <a
    class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:[email protected]">-
    <pre wrap="">At least you'd be warm!

    This winter here in NH will not quit. Finally, today was over 32 deg but the roads are either sand,
    holes or ice.

    L8tr PB

    Mike Jacoubowsky <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
    href="mailto:[email protected]"><[email protected]></a> wrote in message <a
    class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:[email protected]">news:5gB7-
    today's almost-daily diary entry (<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
    href="http://www.ChainReaction.com/diary.htm">www.ChainReaction.com/diary.htm</a>)

    02/27/03- INTERESTING VISION as I descended 84 from Sky Londa and came </pre> </blockquote>
    <pre wrap="">the intersection at the bottom, where Portola Road comes in, and cars sometimes
    wrap="">speed. For a moment it appeared a propane tanker was about to do just </pre>
    bizarre vision of me slamming into it with an apocalyptic fireball the result. Dick (our
    front grill, maybe a broken headlight if I did any real damage </pre> </blockquote>
    type="cite"> <pre wrap="">the truck; I'm sure I would have been pretty messed up).

    --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
    href="http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com">http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com</a>

    --------------040409030504090906020205--