This must be a comedy...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Carla A-G, Jun 5, 2003.

  1. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    ...and not a real mountain bike video...

    Jim and I borrowed this video from the library a while back so we can have a laugh:

    http://www.crystalpyramid.com/DISTRIBUTION/ultimate_mtn_biking_video.html

    I swear I have never laughed so hard while watching a "mountain bike" instructional video from the
    80's. All the neon clothing, the way too big and fully rigid neon painted frames, the buckethead
    Etto helmets, the skidiots...I won't provide the details, but if you get the chance to watch it, sit
    down with a couple of brews and enjoy it.

    And another funny one:

    http://www.crystalpyramid.com/DISTRIBUTION/trials_champion.html

    I like the line at the end...

    "Years later, whenever I wear the ring, I think of that little cubbyhole of a shop, the raging rain,
    the way Ot Pi charmed the shopkeeper into settling for less, and my wet and wild moment alone with
    the greatest World Champion Bike Trials rider who ever lived."

    Sounds like something from out of a Penthouse letter...

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    Tags:

  2. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > ...and not a real mountain bike video...
    >
    > Jim and I borrowed this video from the library a while back so we can have
    > laugh:
    >
    > http://www.crystalpyramid.com/DISTRIBUTION/ultimate_mtn_biking_video.html
    >
    > I swear I have never laughed so hard while watching a "mountain bike" instructional video from the
    > 80's. All the neon clothing, the way too big and fully rigid neon painted frames, the buckethead
    > Etto helmets, the skidiots...I won't provide the details, but if you get the chance to watch it,
    > sit down with a couple of brews and enjoy it.
    >
    > And another funny one:
    >
    > http://www.crystalpyramid.com/DISTRIBUTION/trials_champion.html
    >
    > I like the line at the end...
    >
    > "Years later, whenever I wear the ring, I think of that little cubbyhole
    of
    > a shop, the raging rain, the way Ot Pi charmed the shopkeeper into
    settling
    > for less, and my wet and wild moment alone with the greatest World
    Champion
    > Bike Trials rider who ever lived."
    >
    > Sounds like something from out of a Penthouse letter...

    Only if one of 'em was a double amputee :)

    Bill "will check the links later; off to ride the Penis--- er, *Penasquitos* right now" S.

  3. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:c3NDa.53426 <snip>
    > Bill "will check the links later; off to ride the Penis--- er,
    *Penasquitos*
    > right now" S.

    ...not that there's anything wrong with that. Just remember to wear some protection!

    Matt

  4. Twisties

    Twisties New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2003
    that last pic looks like the guy is falling,....that'll make people buy it :rolleyes:

    u no what, i think remeber someone selling that same bike for arond $5 last year.

    jeez, how much could you charm of a bike like that? probably only cast around$40,$50 anyway