This must be a scam - Litespeed on Ebay

Definitely seems too good to be true, but I wonder how he managed the 183 positive reviews. 29 in the past 6 months, and 171 in the pasy year.

It's weird.

cydewaze said:
Definitely seems too good to be true, but I wonder how he managed the 183 positive reviews. 29 in the past 6 months, and 171 in the pasy year.

It's weird.
Check out the seller's other items. It's probably a hijacked acount. They also only want $5.95 to ship!

artmichalek said:
Check out the seller's other items. It's probably a hijacked acount. They also only want $5.95 to ship!
I reported it as a scam to Ebay. I checked 25 minutes later and Ebay had already shut the auction down. (Maybe others had reported it before me.)

Earlier I sent an email to the seller, playing dumb and offering to buy it. (I'm bored with nothing to do while I wait for the washing machine repairman to get here.) I wonder if I'll get a response now that the auction has been pulled.

Be care having any contact with those kinda of sellers.The main reason alot of people put up those auctions is to steal your email and potentially steal your ebay acount.I have seen this happen alot.If you do email these sellers selling items that are to good they normally are,but in the case you do use ebays ask a seller question if they respond to you always use ebays sytem and choose to hide your email address.Sad it has come to this but me as an ebay power seller i have to watch myself and protect those who value buying on ebay.

I'm sure you're right. I emailed him from a throw-away yahoo account. Fake name, fake location, etc.

jrstang473 said:
Be care having any contact with those kinda of sellers.The main reason alot of people put up those auctions is to steal your email and potentially steal your ebay acount.I have seen this happen alot.If you do email these sellers selling items that are to good they normally are,but in the case you do use ebays ask a seller question if they respond to you always use ebays sytem and choose to hide your email address.Sad it has come to this but me as an ebay power seller i have to watch myself and protect those who value buying on ebay.

artmichalek said:
Good catch on that one. I've never done business on eBay, so I'm not familiar with what to look for in a scam.