This pisses me off! bike parts shipping service

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
So I order 3 tires from Probikekit dotcom. Actually delivery faster than I expected. Except!!!!!

DHL is the delivery service. They have been sending me messages for a couple days, your shipment is here, there, everywhere blah blah blah!

So the expected delivery day is today. Time expect period is ALL DAY.

I want to be home to get it so that it can't be taken from the doorstep with all the thieves nowadays. Plus I get a text saying your shipment is on the way. Couple of hours later, your shipment is on the way.

OK, I could be going somewhere else if I wasn't expecting my shipment to arrive soon. But again, ALL DAY!

So 7 am to 9 pm I'm waiting. Could have done other things but I want to be home to get my package.

Next thing I know, I get an email saying the package was refused by the recipient. WHAT THE ****!!!!

I was home all day, checked the address on the email shipping info, all correct though I had checked it previously to avoid any mistakes. Freaking idiots!

So either the delivery person is a moron, can't read an address properly, or DHL is playing a game with me. Maybe they didn't get around to it but at least give me the right freaking info. Say it is returning to the delivery station, or whatever they call it.

But the email says package refused and will send back to shipper, wtf, back to England???

Of course I try to call and they are closed and the email help center takes you around in circles to nowhere!

Boy, I have never had a problem with UPS or USPS. DHL is going to hear from me on Yelp! Well just finished my crappy review of their service on Yelp. :mad:

I actually found a form type on their facebook page for complaints and inquiries. I filled it out then next thing I know the tracking says rescheduled for tomorrow delivery.

Still ****** but at least I don't have to worry about the package going back to the UK.

What happened was the delivery guy got overwhelmed with deliveries and couldn't finish his route, so he took everything back to his yard, he writes refused so he doesn't look bad to his boss. I forgot, the driver gets charged, I don't know how much but it's not cheap, for every package they don't deliver because they ran out of time or whatever, so writing refused saved him money out of his pocket. Don't be too mean to him, it's a sucky job.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
What happened was the delivery guy got overwhelmed with deliveries and couldn't finish his route, so he took everything back to his yard, he writes refused so he doesn't look bad to his boss. I forgot, the driver gets charged, I don't know how much but it's not cheap, for every package they don't deliver because they ran out of time or whatever, so writing refused saved him money out of his pocket. Don't be too mean to him, it's a sucky job.

I think you are absolutely correct!

I was not going to be mean to him in a bad way. I was going to tell him in a nice way that they were the worst delivery service in the country and that I had better delivery service coming from a taco truck.

But the doorbell rang, I ran to the door and the dude was already in his truck heading out. :eek:

Very strange as he said the recipient refused the package yesterday then today he did not ask for a signature. o_O

I did not know they got charged if they did not deliver. That would suck!

Either way, it is the company's fault not his. They should not send me texts and emails all day long (10 total) that the package is on the way if they are not sure they can deliver.

But I got it so all is good and I didn't have to use my taco truck line. :D

My son in law works for FedEx ground, and he gets charged for packages not delivered, so he knows the game, but he's fast so he usually gets all of his stuff delivered, but if not he writes refused on the computer thingy he carries. And they have to time it out, they can't just write refused on the last say 10 stops, that would look obvious, so they know how the clock is going and where they should be in the route, so during the route they just randomly select a package and write refused, or if it's a signature package they mark the person not home and move on to the next stop; but the GPS is tracking them so they have to stop to make it appear they've stopped. It's a crazy job, I wouldn't want to do it; and my son in law, not being the brightest bulb on the block, works for a contractor, he gets no benefits whatsoever! I've tried to explain to him that he may not always be healthy, if he gets sick the cost will come out of his pocket and that could be more than he makes in a year, but he thinks he's immortal, plus no retirement either, I tried to get him to buy private insurance and get a retirement program started, he won't do it; I also told him to work for FedEx direct instead by contract he won't do that either...I give up.

If you think FedEx and others are crazy, UPS will train you and the whole time they're screaming at you to go faster and do this and that, it's a robotic person who wins those jobs. After you get a solo route, meaning the trainer is no longer riding shotgun, they follow you with a stop watch! and then when you get back they scream at you for being too slow at a stop or more; then they randomly follow you for the rest of your career there. My son in law applied there and got hired for the Christmas season with the promise they would hire him at the end of the season, they didn't hire him because he didn't learn their computer tablet thing fast enough so he said, but I think the real reason he didn't get hired is because he doesn't take well to people screaming at him, and I know he talked back to the trainer several times, I told him they're screaming at him to test him to see how he'll handle a customer screaming at him, but he didn't listen to me and kept telling his trainer what was up.

I use to work at UPS in Cerritos California years ago when I first got to college in LA, I worked there for a year as an loader loading semi trailers, I have a lot of strange stories I could share, but due to the sensitive nature of political correctness today I can't share those without repercussions from others who might read what I've written. Those strange stories that I have goes on at UPS to this day.

Your SIL should try getting in USPS. I ordered the saddle on the 21st.

Shipped the 22nd via USPS

Promised Monday the 27th.

Tracked and today notified will be delivered today.

Arrived 1:30 PM, 3 days early! :)

Of course I know USPS is probably way harder to get in.:(

I hope all of my future shippers use USPS or UPS. :p

But, you have to be thinking that due to Covid 19 the mail service for packages is slower than normal, so whatever they promise you might have to add a day or two in, maybe even three.

But, you have to be thinking that due to Covid 19 the mail service for packages is slower than normal, so whatever they promise you might have to add a day or two in, maybe even three.

I was expecting that but 3 days early, can't complain! :D

I was expecting that but 3 days early, can't complain! :D

3 days early is odd. I got a bunch of stuff I order for my new bike and some have come fast and others haven't. Some people are going back to work, one of my renters is going back to work tomorrow. I work for the school district and I got unofficial word that we may not be going back till JANUARY?! The reason for that is because even after they do a slow rolling restart they still want everyone to do the 6 foot thing, well you can't do that in a school or on a school bus, so that could be the start up date...IF the virus doesn't kick back up when the weather cools down as they seem to think it will. The good thing about working for a public government organization is they still pay us! But I would have been fine without it due to my rental property income, but you know, the more the merrier!

I don't know what they'll do with school staffing and their pay if they go to elearning for that length of time, and the school superintendent is keeping us sort of in the dark, but that maybe because she doesn't know either. What a very strange year.

Not sure if I mentioned this but I bought another jersey from this guy. I ordered some over a year ago and every time the package was on my doorstep 3 business days. From MO to Calif. Plus he gives you a free pair of socks with flames with each jersey. Then every time he gave me a $5 gift card with each order.

I got the Fat ******* jerseys for $24 but one for $19 actually with the gift card.

It should be here Monday but if not, I won't sweat the guy for reasons stated above, the virus!

Hit and miss on great sales but unlike most places, I get sick paying $90+ for a simple jersey and I don't like advertising for others. I do like the silly graphics so this works perfectly for me.

Not to mention, he has sold some bib shorts for $12 at times. The upper body isn't too bad but the pad ain't all that. Only good enough for midweek 10 milers but better than wearing out and having to wash the good shorts twice a week.

He has even given away free stuff on cycling forums after others return them. Cool guy and great customer service. I ordered Primal 4XL jerseys that fit well but when I ordered a Suarez 4XL, he took his time to personally email me and explain the difference in sizing even though the jersey was only going to cost me $19.

So this is on its way! :D
Capture1.JPG

I never heard of that place, my wife is looking for a jersey or two, I'll have to tell her to look at that site. Cool, thanks!

I never heard of that place, my wife is looking for a jersey or two, I'll have to tell her to look at that site. Cool, thanks!

I have to say they don't have much in the way of women stuff. Same old flower stuff.

But men stuff is cool. And don't tell anybody but Gina wears smaller men jerseys but I don't think people notice.

I ordered about 10 jerseys from him a bit over a year ago. I had so many flame socks I had to give them away ha ha!

Plus the men jersey size charts are accurate.

DSCN0423.JPG