Thomas Weisel... Presented by Berry Floor (deuxieme)

Maurice De Muer

Guest
www.nypost.com/business/65893.htm

Thanks,

Maurice FreiburG (that is)

there goes that company and sponsorship in the postal squad. maybe there will be a team in 2003-2004
called the regulators though. ****, they could use the old navigators jerseys and some majic
markers.......ronde may just be the one to control the majic marker...

Who knew the Post even had a business section!! I thought it went from cover to Page 6 to sports

>(T)here goes that company and sponsorship in the postal squad. < writes "JTN"
of Weisel's company being investigated.

Here is another tip off to what may be the abandonment by the postal service of its sponsorship. A
few weeks ago Bush called for a review leading to an overhaul of the postal system. The blue
ribbon committee is to present its recommendations at the end of July (coincident with the end of
the Tour).

Richard

Canuck wrote:

>"BikeAdman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>
>>>(T)here goes that company and sponsorship in the postal squad. < writes
>>>
>"JTN"
>
>>of Weisel's company being investigated.
>>
>>Here is another tip off to what may be the abandonment by the postal
>>
>service of
>
>>its sponsorship. A few weeks ago Bush called for a review leading to an overhaul of the postal
>>system. The blue ribbon committee is to present its recommendations at the end of July (coincident
>>with the end of the Tour).
>>

>Not likely that they'd cancel, unless LA doesn't win 5.
>
>Pull the carpet out from the cancer-survivor in his quest for a record 6 in a row?
>
>Bad politics. $10mil is a drop in the bucket, especially in light of $100billion missile defense
>systems that haven't worked in testing or a estimated $60billion war to secure a stable oil flow
>from the nation with the world's 2nd largest oil reserves.
>
>Plus, LA is from W's home state.

The Federal government doesn't have much to do with the Postal Service sponsorship of the bike team.
The government only puts a tiny amount of money in the postal system, except for extreme
circumstances (like the anthrax incident last year). Financially, it is almost completely
independent.