'Thong Man' leaves his inhibitions behind

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Clydesdalemtb, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. 'Thong Man' leaves his inhibitions behind

    By Mary Moreno San Antonio Express-News

    Web Posted : 06/18/2003 12:00 AM

    It seems that the black thong was too restrictive for Joseph Gottschalk.

    On Tuesday evening, the 52-year-old man, who recently gained notoriety for riding his bicycle around
    his South Side neighborhood in only a black thong, was arrested for stripping down to a sack. While
    the thong covered the body parts required by law, the genitals and anus, the tan bag around his
    genitals left his anus exposed, according to a police report.

    "He sat off of the bike seat and exposed his anus to the vehicles behind him," the arresting officer
    stated in his report.

    Gottschalk not only shed his minimalist riding suit, he expanded his route to Broadway, nearly nine
    miles from his Pennystone Avenue home. Police arrested him at Broadway and Appler after receiving
    "numerous complaints by people who flagged me down stating that they saw a male ride a bike naked."

    Gottschalk was still in custody late Tuesday. His bond was set at $100.

    Gottschalk received international media attention after the San Antonio Express-News wrote of his
    habit of riding around Southside Lions Park. Last month "Thong Man" was named grand marshal of a
    parade of thong-wearers vying for free Spurs playoff tickets.

    In an interview the day of the parade, Gottschalk wore a flesh-colored thong and said he was pushing
    beyond his neighborhood.

    "I am riding all over the place," he said. "I am getting bolder."

  2. Gary In Va

    Gary In Va Guest

    > "He sat off of the bike seat and exposed his anus to the vehicles behind him," the arresting
    > officer stated in his report.

    See what you have to look forward to as a cop, Jon?

    Gary in VA

  3. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Gary in VA thoughtfully penned:
    > "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> "He sat off of the bike seat and exposed his anus to the vehicles behind him," the arresting
    >> officer stated in his report.
    >
    > See what you have to look forward to as a cop, Jon?
    >
    > Gary in VA

    has his photo been sent into "worst dressed cyclist" yet?

    penny

  4. Gary in VA wrote:
    > "ClydesdaleMTB" wrote in message
    >>"He sat off of the bike seat and exposed his anus to the vehicles behind him," the arresting
    >>officer stated in his report.

    > See what you have to look forward to as a cop,

    I can't hardly wait!-)

    > Jon?

    I dind't know our Mr. Bond was into THAT

    --
    John G. --^----

  5. On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:59:09 GMT, "Gary in VA" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> "He sat off of the bike seat and exposed his anus to the vehicles behind him," the arresting
    >> officer stated in his report.
    >
    >See what you have to look forward to as a cop, Jon?
    >
    >Gary in VA

    John can look forward to THOSE kinds of pat-downs. <G>

    Barry

  6. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    B a r r y B u r k e J r . <Keep it in the [email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:59:09 GMT, "Gary in VA" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>"ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...
    >>> "He sat off of the bike seat and exposed his anus to the vehicles behind him," the arresting
    >>> officer stated in his report.
    >>
    >>See what you have to look forward to as a cop, Jon?
    >
    >John can look forward to THOSE kinds of pat-downs. <G>

    At least he won't have to worry about hidden weapons.

    Errrr, not in the conventional sense anyway...

  7. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    > Gary in VA wrote:
    > > "ClydesdaleMTB" wrote in message
    > >>"He sat off of the bike seat and exposed his anus to the vehicles behind him," the arresting
    > >>officer stated in his report.
    >
    > > See what you have to look forward to as a cop,
    >
    > I can't hardly wait!-)
    >

    > > Jon?
    >
    > I dind't know our Mr. Bond was into THAT
    >
    > --
    > John G. --^----

    http://www.tuftsdaily.com/articleDisplay.jsp?a_id=993

    And no, I haven't done it. .. ... ..... yet.

    Jon Bond don't even let me tell you about wilderness orientation...

  8. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:[email protected]...

    > http://www.tuftsdaily.com/articleDisplay.jsp?a_id=993
    >
    > And no, I haven't done it. .. ... ..... yet.
    >
    > Jon Bond don't even let me tell you about wilderness orientation...

    I have not yet read the article, but the photo caption of "TUPD were forced to become involved in
    this year's naked quad run after nine students required emergency care" says that this is going to
    be a riot.

    Why does every college/university in the universe seem have a "quad"?

    -Dave

  9. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Dave Stocker <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > http://www.tuftsdaily.com/articleDisplay.jsp?a_id=993
    > >
    > > And no, I haven't done it. .. ... ..... yet.
    > >
    > > Jon Bond don't even let me tell you about wilderness orientation...
    > >

    > I have not yet read the article, but the photo caption of "TUPD were
    forced
    > to become involved in this year's naked quad run after nine students required emergency care" says
    > that this is going to be a riot.
    >
    > Why does every college/university in the universe seem have a "quad"?

    "Quad" = "Quadrangle" ~= a 'square'. Tell me of any uni that hasn't got heaps of squares?

    Shaun aRe

  10. J'M Sm'Th

    J'M Sm'Th Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB wrote:

    > 'Thong Man' leaves his inhibitions behind
    >
    > By Mary Moreno San Antonio Express-News
    >
    > Web Posted : 06/18/2003 12:00 AM
    >
    > It seems that the black thong was too restrictive for Joseph Gottschalk.
    >
    > On Tuesday evening, the 52-year-old man, who recently gained notoriety for riding his bicycle
    > around his South Side neighborhood in only a black thong, was arrested for stripping down to a
    > sack. While the thong covered the body parts required by law, the genitals and anus, the tan bag
    > around his genitals left his anus exposed, according to a police report.
    >
    > "He sat off of the bike seat and exposed his anus to the vehicles behind him," the arresting
    > officer stated in his report.
    >
    > Gottschalk not only shed his minimalist riding suit, he expanded his route to Broadway, nearly
    > nine miles from his Pennystone Avenue home. Police arrested him at Broadway and Appler after
    > receiving "numerous complaints by people who flagged me down stating that they saw a male ride a
    > bike naked."
    >
    > Gottschalk was still in custody late Tuesday. His bond was set at $100.
    >
    > Gottschalk received international media attention after the San Antonio Express-News wrote of his
    > habit of riding around Southside Lions Park. Last month "Thong Man" was named grand marshal of a
    > parade of thong-wearers vying for free Spurs playoff tickets.
    >
    > In an interview the day of the parade, Gottschalk wore a flesh-colored thong and said he was
    > pushing beyond his neighborhood.
    >
    > "I am riding all over the place," he said. "I am getting bolder."

    So that's where Mr. Chris has been hiding. . .

    --
    J'm

    To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes. ...-.-

  11. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

    "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:[email protected]...

    > > I have not yet read the article, but the photo caption of "TUPD were
    > forced
    > > to become involved in this year's naked quad run after nine students required emergency care"
    > > says that this is going to be a riot.
    > >
    > > Why does every college/university in the universe seem have a "quad"?
    >
    > "Quad" = "Quadrangle" ~= a 'square'. Tell me of any uni that hasn't got heaps of squares?

    Why my dear Shaun. I think you have mistaken the Squarus Boreous for the Eggus Headus. They are
    similar and the Eggus Headus is easily mistaken for its cousin the Squarus Boreous. There is a
    habitat overlap, but Squarus Boreous is far more prevalent. In addition to universities, they
    inhabit accounting consultancies, churches and quilting clubs. The Eggus Headus habit of developing
    statistical mechanical models for why clapping becomes synchronized or publishing papers about why
    toast always lands jelly side down could easily lead to this misidentification.

    The only way to accurately identify Eggus Headus is through hidden high-speed film. Then they will
    say things like:

    "Dude! We have a whole tank of liquid nitrogen"

    -or-

    "Hey, our lab just got a gene gun. Lets make the mouse cells glow in the dark"

    -Dave

  12. Danny

    Danny Guest

    I cut this from the houston chronicle web site just a few minutes ago...

    June 23, 2003, 3:53PM

    Man known for biking in thong found dead Associated Press

    BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK - A man who drew attention for wearing only a thong while riding his bicycle
    in San Antonio has been found dead in a park, authorities said today.

    The nude body of Joseph Gottschalk, 52, of San Antonio was discovered Saturday afternoon by some
    visitors at Big Bend National Park, park spokesman David Elkowitz said.

    Family members confirmed the person who died was Gottschalk, the man who drew attention for
    bicycling through a city park wearing only a thong, according to Elkowitz.

    The body was discovered about 100 feet below the south rim, on a ledge, Elkowitz said.

    Gottschalk died as the result of a fall.

    Justice of the Peace Shirley Williams told The Associated Press that autopsy results are pending.

    The National Park Service is investigating, Elkowitz said.

    Being the pessimist that I am, and after having lived in Texas for quite a few years... I have a bad
    feeling in my gut about this one... I hope that I'm wrong.

    Danny

    > 'Thong Man' leaves his inhibitions behind
    >
    > By Mary Moreno San Antonio Express-News
    >
    > Web Posted : 06/18/2003 12:00 AM
    >

    > It seems that the black thong was too restrictive for Joseph Gottschalk.
    >
    > On Tuesday evening, the 52-year-old man, who recently gained notoriety for riding his bicycle
    > around his South Side neighborhood in only a black thong, was arrested for stripping down to a
    > sack. While the thong covered the body parts required by law, the genitals and anus, the tan bag
    > around his genitals left his anus exposed, according to a police report.
    >
    > "He sat off of the bike seat and exposed his anus to the vehicles behind him," the arresting
    > officer stated in his report.
    >
    > Gottschalk not only shed his minimalist riding suit, he expanded his route to Broadway, nearly
    > nine miles from his Pennystone Avenue home. Police arrested him at Broadway and Appler after
    > receiving "numerous complaints by people who flagged me down stating that they saw a male ride a
    > bike naked."
    >
    > Gottschalk was still in custody late Tuesday. His bond was set at $100.
    >
    > Gottschalk received international media attention after the San Antonio Express-News wrote of his
    > habit of riding around Southside Lions Park. Last month "Thong Man" was named grand marshal of a
    > parade of thong-wearers vying for free Spurs playoff tickets.
    >
    > In an interview the day of the parade, Gottschalk wore a flesh-colored thong and said he was
    > pushing beyond his neighborhood.
    >
    > "I am riding all over the place," he said. "I am getting bolder."

    ------

  13. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Danny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I cut this from the houston chronicle web site just a few minutes ago...
    >
    > June 23, 2003, 3:53PM
    >
    > Man known for biking in thong found dead Associated Press
    >
    > BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK - A man who drew attention for wearing only a thong while riding his
    > bicycle in San Antonio has been found dead in a park, authorities said today.
    >
    > The body was discovered about 100 feet below the south rim, on a ledge, Elkowitz said.
    >
    > Gottschalk died as the result of a fall.
    >

    > Being the pessimist that I am, and after having lived in Texas for quite a few years... I have a
    > bad feeling in my gut about this one... I hope that I'm wrong.
    >
    > Danny

    If this story is actually true, I'm going to speculate here....suicide or one of his kids (that he's
    been molesting for the past um-teen years) pushed him off.

    --
    Slacker

  14. Danny

    Danny Guest

    Hmmmm... What made him a pedophile? the fact that he liked to wear as little as possible? or the
    fact that he liked to stir things up in his own little way? (no pun intended).

    Danny

    "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > (snip)
    >
    > If this story is actually true, I'm going to speculate here....suicide or
    one of his kids (that he's been molesting for the past
    > um-teen years) pushed him off.
    >
    > --
    > Slacker

  15. See, if he was only wearing his helmet....

    --
    John G.

    "Humpty-Dumpty was pushed"

  16. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > See, if he was only wearing his helmet....

    Instead of flaunting it....

    Bill "wonder where *M_V* was last weekend" S.

  17. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > Hmmmm... What made him a pedophile? the fact that he liked to wear as little as possible? or the
    > fact that he liked to stir things up in his own little way? (no pun intended).
    >
    > Danny

    Com-on man.....all the signs are there.
    --
    Slacker

  18. Danny

    Danny Guest

    All the signs?.... Since he was a pedophile, (as you have so adroitly observed), I guess that he was
    also a catholic priest? and/or a boy scout troop leader?

    Does that mean that all folks who live in nudist communities are pedophiles? rapists? or are they
    lacking signs because they're organized?

    This reminds me of that multi-person secret thing.. You whisper a secret into the ear of the guy
    next to you, and he does the same until it goes around the room and comes back bearing very little
    resemblance to what was originally said.

    It may very well be that you are right about him... but more likely that you are not. Yet you pass
    that kind of judgment on him because you can see signs...

    I wish I was as clever as you.

    Danny

    "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Hmmmm... What made him a pedophile? the fact that he liked to wear as little as possible? or the
    > > fact that he liked to stir things up in his
    own
    > > little way? (no pun intended).
    > >
    > > Danny
    >

    > Com-on man.....all the signs are there.
    > --
    > Slacker

  19. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

  20. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Dave Stocker <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > > I have not yet read the article, but the photo caption of "TUPD were
    > > forced
    > > > to become involved in this year's naked quad run after nine students required emergency care"
    > > > says that this is going to be a riot.
    > > >
    > > > Why does every college/university in the universe seem have a "quad"?
    > >
    > > "Quad" = "Quadrangle" ~= a 'square'. Tell me of any uni that hasn't got heaps of squares?
    > >

    > Why my dear Shaun. I think you have mistaken the Squarus Boreous for the Eggus Headus.

    Then your thinking is quite definately incorrect - I most certainly have not made that mistake.

    > They are similar and the Eggus Headus is easily mistaken for its cousin the Squarus Boreous. There
    > is a habitat overlap, but Squarus Boreous is far more prevalent. In addition to universities, they
    > inhabit accounting consultancies, churches and quilting clubs. The Eggus Headus habit of
    > developing statistical mechanical models for why clapping becomes synchronized or publishing
    > papers about why toast always lands jelly side down could easily lead to this misidentification.

    Unis are full of both, I know, I seen 'um!

    > The only way to accurately identify Eggus Headus is through hidden high-speed film. Then they will
    > say things like:
    >
    > "Dude! We have a whole tank of liquid nitrogen"
    >
    > -or-
    >
    > "Hey, our lab just got a gene gun. Lets make the mouse cells glow in the dark"

    This is old news, dude ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe got a home made variable frequency (~1 to 100 kHz) HT (~30 - 60 kV) generator at home, and
    damned proud of it.

    P.s. - excellent for Jacob's Ladders and freaking out the neighbours TV's, heheheheh..........