'Thong Man' leaves his inhibitions behind

"Danny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I cut this from the houston chronicle web site just a few minutes ago...
>
> June 23, 2003, 3:53PM
>
> Man known for biking in thong found dead Associated Press
>
> BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK - A man who drew attention for wearing only a thong while riding his
> bicycle in San Antonio has been found dead in a park, authorities said today.
>
> The nude body of Joseph Gottschalk, 52, of San Antonio was discovered Saturday afternoon by some
> visitors at Big Bend National Park, park spokesman David Elkowitz said.
>
> Family members confirmed the person who died was Gottschalk, the man who drew attention for
> bicycling through a city park wearing only a thong, according to Elkowitz.
>
> The body was discovered about 100 feet below the south rim, on a ledge, Elkowitz said.
>
> Gottschalk died as the result of a fall.
>
> Justice of the Peace Shirley Williams told The Associated Press that autopsy results are pending.
>
> The National Park Service is investigating, Elkowitz said.
>
> Being the pessimist that I am, and after having lived in Texas for quite a few years... I have a
> bad feeling in my gut about this one... I hope that I'm wrong.
>
> Danny

Just the facts:

Big Bend National Park (TX) Falling Fatality

Joseph H. Gottschalk, 52, of San Antonio, Texas, died in a hundred foot fall from the South Rim
trail in the Chisos Mountains on June 21st. Gottschalk arrived in the park the day before and
stopped at the visitor center to ask about hiking to the South Rim. Visitors to the South Rim
found items near the rim’s edge belonging to the victim on the 21st, then discovered his
body about 100 feet below the rim’s edge. They hiked down late that evening and reported
the death. An investigative team hiked to the scene early on the morning of June 22nd and
confirmed Gottschalk’s death. A recovery team comprised of staff from all park divisions
recovered the body.

[Submitted by David Elkowitz, PIO]

http://data2.itc.nps.gov/morningreport/

BTW all deaths in park are treated as homicides until proven otherwise ... must be all that
FLETC time.

(still reading the morning report ... after all these years)

> > Elkowitz said.
> >
> > Gottschalk died as the result of a fall.
> >
> > Justice of the Peace Shirley Williams told The Associated Press that autopsy results are
> > pending.
> >
> > The National Park Service is investigating, Elkowitz said.
> >
> > Being the pessimist that I am, and after having lived in Texas for quite a few years... I have a
> > bad feeling in my gut about this one... I hope that I'm wrong.
> >
> > Danny
>
> Just the facts:
>
> Big Bend National Park (TX) Falling Fatality
>
> Joseph H. Gottschalk, 52, of San Antonio, Texas, died in a hundred foot fall from the South Rim
> trail in the Chisos Mountains on June 21st. Gottschalk arrived in the park the day before and
> stopped at the visitor center to ask about hiking to the South Rim. Visitors to the South Rim
> found items near the rim’s edge belonging to the victim on the 21st, then discovered his
> body about 100 feet below the rim’s edge. They hiked down late that evening and reported the
> death. An investigative team hiked to the scene early on the morning of June 22nd and confirmed
> Gottschalk’s death. A recovery team

Why do I get the feeling this will be on CSI next season.
--
_________________________

"Trentus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Reco Diver" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]... <snip>
> > ... must be all that FLETC time.
>
> What is FLETC time?
>
> Trentus

Federal Law Enforcement Training Center

http://www.fletc.gov/

Same place that does the training for F.B.I. and B.O.P. At some point in a park service L.E. status
career ... you end up at FLETC. The new guys always seem to come out with the "excuse me ... I AM a
FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER!" attitude. Deparment of the Interior L.E.'s tend to be very careful
about following up on investigations. After spending all that time at FLETC you don't want to just
let all that investigative training go to waste.

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > > Elkowitz said.
> > >
> > > Gottschalk died as the result of a fall.
> > >
> > > Justice of the Peace Shirley Williams told The Associated Press that
autopsy
> > > results are pending.
> > >
> > > The National Park Service is investigating, Elkowitz said.
> > >
> > > Being the pessimist that I am, and after having lived in Texas for
quite a
> > > few years... I have a bad feeling in my gut about this one... I hope
that
> > > I'm wrong.
> > >
> > > Danny
> >
> > Just the facts:
> >
> > Big Bend National Park (TX) Falling Fatality
> >
> > Joseph H. Gottschalk, 52, of San Antonio, Texas, died in a hundred foot fall from the South Rim
> > trail in the Chisos Mountains on June 21st. Gottschalk arrived in the park the day before and
> > stopped at the visitor center to ask about hiking to the South Rim. Visitors to the South Rim
> > found items near the rim’s edge belonging to the victim on the 21st, then discovered his
> > body about 100 feet below the rim’s edge. They hiked down late that evening and reported
> > the death. An investigative team hiked to the scene early on the morning of June 22nd and
> > confirmed Gottschalk’s death. A recovery team
>
> Why do I get the feeling this will be on CSI next season.
> --
> Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia http://www.ramsays-online.com

I wish the X Files could do it.

Moulder, there is absolutely nothing supernatural about the way that bag stayed on his genitals. I'm
going back to the hotel.