Thongs in women's sport

Josephine22

Dec 22, 2005
Several years ago I started a number of threads in Google about how widley ladies might wear thongs in public. Recently I noticed the Google thread had been posted in Cycling Forumns and more than 9,000 people had viewed it, so I thought this might be a good place to ask some more on this subject.

I got started on this subject by reading a Google group about what clothing is best for Traithlon, which I have a minor interest in. A lady (I think American) said a thong bikini was best. This got me wondering if anyone realy would wear as little as this to compete in a sporting event, so I started a debate in Google groups. I took some liberties in the way I introduced it. Some people made interesting comments, although some took the pi**.

Its not cycling gear, but for those who run and swim it would be an option.

Given the number of Cycling Forumn people who have viewd this thread I though I would ask again what anybody thinks about this subject?

Do ladies ever wear thongs for any sort of active sport, or might they in the future?

Jo

I am not an athlete, and I am male, but I think this is an even more interesting question with a twist.

Leave off the "women's"

Barring any specific differences such as body shape for tailoring the specific item (such as the difference between male and female cycling shorts) if a thong is appropriate for a woman triathalete, then a male version should also be appropriate for men.

Especially whan you consider that an athletic supporter for men is roughly equivalent to a thong, then is the best attire for a man triahalete a jock strap? If the answer is no, then I would find it hard to blieve any argument that says that a thong is appropriate for females.

Now, as far as making the sport more popular, there may be something to it, but if that is the issue, then just go nude like the Romans did.

I vote YES. I strongly encourage women to wear thongs during all sporting events.

Benefits? Yes, I can think a couple of benefits for me.

Chance3290 said:
I vote YES. I strongly encourage women to wear thongs during all sporting events.

Benefits? Yes, I can think a couple of benefits for me.

I agree with the stipulation that there be a screening process as to who looks great in a thong and to who should hide in dark corners, inside a cave, away from tender eyes and weak stomachs.

jhuskey said:
I agree with the stipulation that there be a screening process as to who looks great in a thong and to who should hide in dark corners, inside a cave, away from tender eyes and weak stomachs.
Good point.

thongs should only be worn by women who are easy on the eye
and are not the size of a Minke Whale (known in Japan as "good source of protein")

Ive been doing tri's now for about 4 years, and i have NEVER seen a thong or as there called down under a "G-string" on any girls in the race. Certainly at the post race party ive seen a few, but never on course.

Most girls wear the traditional 1 piece or mabye the two piece like they wear in track and field. On the other hand there is a naked triathlon that starts at randwick every year.....:eek:

Geez,
A woman has to ask this with a majority of men. Listen I am 54 yrs old, well past my prime.... and do you honestly think that a man my age would not stare at a woman wearing a thong? Now think about all the young men with a libido
of a rabbit and you wonder if it would be ok? Is there no common sense any more? No wonder there are so many sexual harassment lawsuits. This is absolutely amazing.

Doug

Everything jiggles when you run. That's what I like about triathlon suits - they hold everything tightly in place. I am a 105 lb girl with 14% bf and I'd feel uncomforatble wearing one. There are few people I like to see at Southbeach in a G-string, let alone running!

Guys, I know you're loving the thought, but think about it some more. That stipulation regarding who can wear them and who can't best be really strict!

jhuskey said:
Huskey,

Please not in bedroom sports. They're are a bit like parsley, always in the way when entree starts. :p

Kind regards,

serendipity said:
Everything jiggles when you run. That's what I like about triathlon suits - they hold everything tightly in place. I am a 105 lb girl with 14% bf and I'd feel uncomforatble wearing one. There are few people I like to see at Southbeach in a G-string, let alone running!

Guys, I know you're loving the thought, but think about it some more. That stipulation regarding who can wear them and who can't best be really strict!
Can we have some pix of you in the Tri suit? :D Please....

serendipity said:

i think we sould do some training together.............im free most days so give me a call :p

James Bruce Gil said:
Huskey,

Please not in bedroom sports. They're are a bit like parsley, always in the way when entree starts. :p

Kind regards,

Gil: Even candy comes in a wrapper.

serendipity said:

You are underestimating the lack of discrimination in the areas of the brain responsible for male interest. There are preferences in hip to waist ratio, symetry, good skin, etc. which are indirect indicators of reproductive success but the default rule is basically if it moves, ***k it - or any port in a storm to put it in nautical terms.

My genes might not approve since 14%bf is only a couple points from amenorrhea but you belong in a thong - and if you wouldn't be comfortable wearing one take it off. A work of art should be prominently displayed.

Your squat number seems a bit low relative to the others by the way.

serendipity said:

Look woman, men are not in the slightest bit fussy. Especially when drunk and fat girls make their way on to the saturday night out menu.

mises said:
...the default rule is basically if it moves, ***k it

Thats why Welsh people go to bed everynight thankful that sheep cant speak.

I reckon the chick with the issue should post a few piccies of her in a thong doing a few splits and stretches so that we can decide on whether she's right. Purely in the interest of science an' all.

Go on luv gis a butchers :p

(I'm not really a such a pig btw just a joke)

MichaelB said:
Look woman, men are not in the slightest bit fussy. Especially when drunk and fat girls make their way on to the saturday night out menu.
As a friend used to say: "I never went to bed with an ugly woman. But I surely did wake up with quite a few."