Thor Hushovd, status report.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Stig Are M. Botterli, Jul 22, 2004.

  1. My translation, original in Norwegian here:

    http://www.syklingensverden.com/baglercms.php?articleID=5815&catID=-1

    - This is my absolute worst day on the bike ever

    Told to Atle Kvålsvoll:

    "My nose, throat, and ears are clogged; I'm quite simply real sick. Lost
    touch in the first mountain, caught up on the descent only to get dropped
    again up Col de la Madelaine. Caught up with the bus after a while and just
    barely managed to hang on up the next mountains. A terrible feeling. Only
    the thought that there's just three days left and a bunch finish at Champs
    Elysees kept me going. This is the first time in my career that I've had to
    support myself against the wall in the shower. My reserves are gone.

    I've forgotten about the green jersey, what happens happens.

    Hopefully I'll improve a little by tomorrow so that I can get through the
    stage in a relatively normal manner."

    --
    Stig Are M. Botterli
    [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Big V

    Big V Guest

    "Stig Are M. Botterli" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > My translation, original in Norwegian here:
    >
    > http://www.syklingensverden.com/baglercms.php?articleID=5815&catID=-1
    >

    > - This is my absolute worst day on the bike ever
    >
    > Told to Atle Kvålsvoll:
    >
    > "My nose, throat, and ears are clogged; I'm quite simply real sick. Lost
    > touch in the first mountain, caught up on the descent only to get dropped
    > again up Col de la Madelaine. Caught up with the bus after a while and

    just
    > barely managed to hang on up the next mountains. A terrible feeling. Only
    > the thought that there's just three days left and a bunch finish at Champs
    > Elysees kept me going. This is the first time in my career that I've had

    > support myself against the wall in the shower. My reserves are gone.
    >
    > I've forgotten about the green jersey, what happens happens.
    >
    > Hopefully I'll improve a little by tomorrow so that I can get through the
    > stage in a relatively normal manner."
    >

    > --
    > Stig Are M. Botterli
    > [email protected]

    After the TDF week-1 cold and rain I'm sure this is the sentiments
    throughout the peloton.... hang on, its almost over.
    V.
    "Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas":

  3. On 2004-07-22, Stig Are M. Botterli <[email protected]> wrote:

    > - This is my absolute worst day on the bike ever
    >
    > Hopefully I'll improve a little by tomorrow so that I can get through the
    > stage in a relatively normal manner."

    Wow, excellent recovery. Finally beating McEwen in a flat sprint.

    Repeat on sunday, please.

    --
    Stig Are M. Botterli
    [email protected]

  4. "Stig Are M. Botterli" <[email protected]> writes:

    > On 2004-07-22, Stig Are M. Botterli <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > - This is my absolute worst day on the bike ever
    > >
    > > Hopefully I'll improve a little by tomorrow so that I can get through the
    > > stage in a relatively normal manner."

    > Wow, excellent recovery. Finally beating McEwen in a flat sprint.
    >
    > Repeat on sunday, please.

    It should be interesting to see if McQueelie can come Thundering past
    the Norse God or whether Thor puts the Hammer down

    http://www.thor-hushovd.com/uk/presentation.htm