thorn nomad

Petea

Guest
I am thinking of buying a thorn nomad 26'' tourer - does anyone have any experience of these ??

I have got a year 2000 Dawes Galaxy at moment, but cant get on with it
- possibly going to sell it. Anyone interested ?? Has done only 100 miles, and is 64cm frame size.
Would want around £450 for it.

"PeteA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I am thinking of buying a thorn nomad 26'' tourer - does anyone have any experience of these ??

Couple of friends currently touring on them - www.mark-ju.net. He's 6'3 or so, and has just
retired the nomad as it shimmied too much. Replaced with an Exp, but haven't heard how he's got on
with this.

cheers, clive

Thorn bikes are ****. The tubing is too thin and it gets dented. Two of my friends have them. They
are not suitable for airplanes because of this. Get the Galaxy adjusted to suit you. Galaxies are
superb touring bikes. I have one at the moment.