UK and Europe · Public discussion

Thorn Sherpa - SJS Cycles

Started by Ed · · Last activity · 1 post · 583 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
3 June 2004
Last activity
3 June 2004
Original author
Ed
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
583
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. With about an £800 budget, I was seriously considering buying the Dawes
    Sardar as a 26" wheel tourer, but was unable to find a dealer with any
    in stock. I rang Dawes directly and they told me that, yes, there is
    quite some delay in supplying the Sardar to retailers, and furthermore
    they are having delays with all their tourer range.

    So now I am looking at the 26" wheel Thorn Sherpa from

    http://www.sjscycles.com/thornbrochure.asp

    I plan to visit the showroom shortly , as to me the Sherpa appears to be
    a good cycle with many options especially in terms of frame size and
    choice of drop/straight bars. But I am wondering if the Reynolds 525
    frame is somewhat 'dated' and heavy for a tourer, though I have not come
    across any serious alternative 26" tourer in this price range.

    I would be grateful if anyone has any experience of the Sherpa that they
    could share.

    And SJS Cycles themselves: are they a good company to deal with?

    Thanks in advance,
    Ed

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.