Those darn cars!

Patrick Lamb

Guest
Darn slow cars made me miss the light on the way home today. Slowed me down. If there weren't so
many of them on the road, it wouldn't be so bad. But they just clog up the streets. Why can't those
people keep their dang cars in their garages and driveways, where they belong? I pay my taxes -- why
do I have to subsidize those darn cars?

;)

Beat the next light, even with all those cars in front of me!

Pat

"Patrick Lamb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Darn slow cars made me miss the light on the way home today. Slowed me down. If there weren't so
> many of them on the road, it wouldn't be so bad. But they just clog up the streets. Why can't
> those people keep their dang cars in their garages and driveways, where they belong? I pay my
> taxes -- why do I have to subsidize those darn cars?
>
> ;)
>
> Beat the next light, even with all those cars in front of me!

Just run the lights.

--
Robin Hubert <[email protected]

"Patrick Lamb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Darn slow cars made me miss the light on the way home today. Slowed me down. If there weren't so
> many of them on the road, it wouldn't be so bad. But they just clog up the streets. Why can't
> those people keep their dang cars in their garages and driveways, where they belong? I pay my
> taxes -- why do I have to subsidize those darn cars?
>
> ;)
>
> Beat the next light, even with all those cars in front of me!
>
> Pat

My personal favourite is the movie Office Space..when the old man in the walker is beating the cars
in the traffic jam..heehee..

Cheers,

Scott..

I know what you mean. last time I pulled my bike into a gas station to get air I was shocked at how
much of the nothing I was charged went into road taxes. Damned motorists ought to be made to pay
their share, too.

--

- GRL

"It's good to want things."

Steve Barr (philosopher, poet, humorist, chemist, Visual Basic programmer)
"Patrick Lamb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Darn slow cars made me miss the light on the way home today. Slowed me down. If there weren't so
> many of them on the road, it wouldn't be so bad. But they just clog up the streets. Why can't
> those people keep their dang cars in their garages and driveways, where they belong? I pay my
> taxes -- why do I have to subsidize those darn cars?
>
> ;)
>
> Beat the next light, even with all those cars in front of me!
>
> Pat

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 21:49:39 -0400, <[email protected]>, "S. Anderson"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>My personal favourite is the movie Office Space..when the old man in the walker is beating the cars
>in the traffic jam..heehee..

For over half an hour today, the CBC1 traffic reports kept mentioning a traffic tie-up at the south
end of a major bridge.

Seems there were five ducks in the roadway and wouldn't move because they didn't want to leave
the one that was dead. So traffic got seriously enough delayed to make the rush hour reports for
40 minutes.

I wonder what would have happened if they'd been on little bikes. Would they have been arrested?
--
zk

You may be correct. According to an article in "Cycling Utah" "Who Owns the Roads Anyway?" it is cyclists who are subsidizing motorists, not the other way around.

http://www.cyclingutah.com/august/August2003Issue.pdf

(see page 4)

Next time a car is in your way scream, "You're not paying for these roads, I am," or "Get back in your driveway where you belong!"

Zoot Katz wrote...
> "S. Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >My personal favourite is the movie Office Space..when the old man in the walker is beating the
> >cars in the traffic jam..heehee..
>
> For over half an hour today, the CBC1 traffic reports kept mentioning a traffic tie-up at the
> south end of a major bridge.
>
> Seems there were five ducks in the roadway and wouldn't move because they didn't want to leave the
> one that was dead. So traffic got seriously enough delayed to make the rush hour reports for 40
> minutes.
>
> I wonder what would have happened if they'd been on little bikes. Would they have been arrested?

I would hope so, if for no other reason than bad fashion. I figure since you are having so much fun
trolling over in RMH that I thought I'd drop by here and see what you sissy panted little girls are
up to. Ooooo, and traffic report, fun stuff, I'll have to look around a little more and see if I can
find anything interesting.

> --
> zk

Tud

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:43:33 -0500, Patrick Lamb <[email protected]> wrote:

>Darn slow cars made me miss the light on the way home today. Slowed me down. If there weren't so
>many of them on the road, it wouldn't be so bad. But they just clog up the streets. Why can't those
>people keep their dang cars in their garages and driveways, where they belong? I pay my taxes --
>why do I have to subsidize those darn cars?
>
>;)
>
>Beat the next light, even with all those cars in front of me!

Remember -- if the lights are set up for 35 mph, they're also set up for 70!

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:21:37 GMT, Zippy the Pinhead <[email protected]> wrote:
> Remember -- if the lights are set up for 35 mph, they're also set up for 70!

That reminds me. I suspect that the lights around here are timed to bring the state additional
traffic fine revenue. I find that most lights on major roads work best if you go 15 or 20 mph more
than the speed limit. On a 35mph road, you will catch every light at 50 mph.

Is this true anywhere other than where I live, in Rhode Island?

--
Rick Onanian