Those using the Bristol cycle path

wafflycat wrote:
> See
>
> http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=114668
>
> Be aware. This sort of thing reminds me of the nasty that happened to the
> very dear Danny 'Nipples' Colyer of this parish: *shudder*

Doesn't say whereabouts it was. There were several stories around 8
years ago about a kid with an airgun taking potshots at cyclists on the
cyclepath through Fishponds, including a colleague of mine.

I think I'm registered on the C+ forum. Let's see. Yes, let's post a
question.

Danny Colyer wrote:

> Doesn't say whereabouts it was.

It does, but only vaguely. Top edge of Easton, by the "chicane"

"wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> See
>
> http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=114668
>
> Be aware. This sort of thing reminds me of the nasty that happened to the
> very dear Danny 'Nipples' Colyer of this parish: *shudder*

The next time someone has someone take a shot at them, they should ring the
police and say they've seen someone with a rifle. Air rifle won't get the
police off their arses. Generic gun will get you a helicopter and as many
bobbys as you imagine possible. It's happened to people round here who have
been out shooting legitimately...

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 09:13:17 -0000 someone who may be "Doki"
<[email protected]> wrote this:-

>The next time someone has someone take a shot at them, they should ring the
>police and say they've seen someone with a rifle. Air rifle won't get the
>police off their arses. Generic gun will get you a helicopter and as many
>bobbys as you imagine possible. It's happened to people round here who have
>been out shooting legitimately...

An friend was once doing some work up a telegraph pole and was
extremely annoyed to discover a youth shooting at him with an air
rifle. He worked out what it was when the second pellet hit his leg.
He descended and was met with a barrage of swear words, threats of
being reported to the youth's daddy and another pellet, after which
he removed the gun and bent the barrel into a U shape (with the aid
of a conveniently placed bit of railway line under which he put the
barrel). He told the youth to take it home to his daddy and tell him
how the barrel got to be bent.

Of course these days the police/government prosecution service would
have prosecuted my friend for causing the youth alarm and distress.
The youth would have been cosseted by social workers and the
so-called victim support organisations.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

David Hansen wrote:
> Of course these days the police/government prosecution service would
> have prosecuted my friend for causing the youth alarm and distress.
> The youth would have been cosseted by social workers and the
> so-called victim support organisations.

Not to mention criminal damage.

--
Dave...

On 23 Nov 2006 04:55:57 -0800 someone who may be "dkahn400"
<[email protected]> wrote this:-

>> Of course these days the police/government prosecution service would
>> have prosecuted my friend for causing the youth alarm and distress.
>> The youth would have been cosseted by social workers and the
>> so-called victim support organisations.

>Not to mention criminal damage.

I doubt if the organs of the state would have been interested in the
criminal damage to my friend's clothes and body.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

David Hansen wrote:

> On 23 Nov 2006 04:55:57 -0800 someone who may be "dkahn400"
> <[email protected]> wrote this:-

> >Not to mention criminal damage.

> I doubt if the organs of the state would have been interested in the
> criminal damage to my friend's clothes and body.

The damage to the clothes would certainly count as criminal damage.
Arousing the interest of the stated organs is another matter.

--
Dave...