Those wacky Germans!

Sorni

Guest
Police Nab Vicious Crow by Getting It Drunk Tue Oct 14,10:50 AM ET

BERLIN (Reuters) - German police apprehended a vicious crow which was attacking passers-by by
getting it drunk on bait laced with alcohol, authorities said Monday.

The bird they called Vogel eluded its captors after attacking a woman and a young girl at the
weekend until cat food soaked in high-alcohol fruit schnapps proved too tempting to resist. "The
crow was completely smashed," said a spokesman for police in the western city of Dortmund.

Police said the crow was sleeping off its hangover in a local animal home.

Bill "for the birds" S.

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 at 22:39 GMT, Sorni penned:
> Police Nab Vicious Crow by Getting It Drunk Tue Oct 14,10:50 AM ET
>
> BERLIN (Reuters) - German police apprehended a vicious crow which was attacking passers-by by
> getting it drunk on bait laced with alcohol, authorities said Monday.
>
> The bird they called Vogel eluded its captors after attacking a woman and a young girl at the
> weekend until cat food soaked in high-alcohol fruit schnapps proved too tempting to resist. "The
> crow was completely smashed," said a spokesman for police in the western city of Dortmund.
>
> Police said the crow was sleeping off its hangover in a local animal home.
>
> Bill "for the birds" S.

Um, "Vogel" *means* bird.

In related news, a horse known as "horse" ....

--
monique Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please don't email me
directly. I will most likely see your post before I read your mail, anyway.

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 at 22:39 GMT, Sorni penned:
> > Police Nab Vicious Crow by Getting It Drunk Tue Oct 14,10:50 AM ET
> >
> > BERLIN (Reuters) - German police apprehended a vicious crow which was attacking passers-by by
> > getting it drunk on bait laced with alcohol, authorities said Monday.
> >
> > The bird they called Vogel eluded its captors after attacking a woman and a young girl at the
> > weekend until cat food soaked in high-alcohol fruit schnapps proved too tempting to resist.
> > "The crow was completely smashed," said a spokesman for police in the western city of Dortmund.
> >
> > Police said the crow was sleeping off its hangover in a local animal home.
> >
> > Bill "for the birds" S.
> >

> Um, "Vogel" *means* bird.
>
> In related news, a horse known as "horse" ....

Hey, I just forward 'em.

Bill "William" S.

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:58:19 -0600, Monique Y. Herman wrote:

> Um, "Vogel" *means* bird.

Ah, you went to high school too. :)

> Police Nab Vicious Crow by Getting It Drunk Tue Oct 14,10:50 AM ET
>
> BERLIN (Reuters) - German police apprehended a vicious crow which was attacking passers-by by
> getting it drunk on bait laced with alcohol, authorities said Monday.
>
> The bird they called Vogel eluded its captors after attacking a woman and a young girl at the
> weekend until cat food soaked in high-alcohol fruit schnapps proved too tempting to resist. "The
> crow was completely smashed," said a spokesman for police in the western city of Dortmund.
>
> Police said the crow was sleeping off its hangover in a local animal home.
>
> Bill "for the birds" S.

You owe me for the past ten seconds...

Dave (ticking away...)

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 at 23:13 GMT, BB penned:
> On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:58:19 -0600, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
>
>> Um, "Vogel" *means* bird.
>
> Ah, you went to high school too. :)

Yes, I did. Apparently the author of the original article didn't, though =P

Seriously, I speak German more or less fluently -- my mom is German and I lived there for 5 years.

--

"Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> want in spanish, while I understand a decent amount of spanish, I learned that if I just play
> dumb, they would eventually say it in english. Then

That works for the French as well. I learned it trying get some gas for my motorbike and the guy
working at the petrol station wouldn't speak English. So, after a while I started speaking loudly in
my native language (Finnish) and rather quickly the guy was asking me whether I spoke English...;)

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:07:32 -0600, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 at 23:13 GMT, BB penned:
>> On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:58:19 -0600, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
>>
>>> Um, "Vogel" *means* bird.
>>
>> Ah, you went to high school too. :)
>
> Yes, I did. Apparently the author of the original article didn't, though =P

Har, har, good one!

> Seriously, I speak German more or less fluently -- my mom is German and I lived there for 5 years.

Cool. I hadn't taken any German since high school but got to try it out last summer. They didn't
seem quite as happy with my German as I was.

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 21:28:12 -0600, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 at 03:06 GMT, BB penned:
>>
>> Cool. I hadn't taken any German since high school but got to try it out last summer. They didn't
>> seem quite as happy with my German as I was.
>
> That's too bad. You'd hope folks would appreciate your making an effort, at least.

Well, it was really just this one guy who gave me a MUCH smaller scoop of gelati than he gave my
wife & daughter, after I'd asked about what flavors he had. Maybe it was just because they're much
prettier than I am.

> (Don't get me started on USians who get upset when they travel to other countries and find that
> the residents don't all speak English ...)

Its amazing how some of them can be in a huge crowd and still manage to stick out like a sore
thumb, too.

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 at 03:06 GMT, BB penned:

<munch>

> (Don't get me started on USians who get upset when they travel to other countries and find that
> the residents don't all speak English ...)

That's just because in the U.S. all the foreigners act that way, so we figure it's expected. It's
funny, but when I had a part time job at a gas station I used to get a lot of mexicans that would
try to tell me what they want in spanish, while I understand a decent amount of spanish, I learned
that if I just play dumb, they would eventually say it in english. Then there were all the fat
people with the hanicap signs... Don't get me started on that... Are they fat because they are
handicap, or are they handicap because they are so fat. IMO, if you are too handicapped to pump you
own freakin gas, then you're probably too handicapped to drive a freaking car! Same for the freaking
old people... Ok, think happy thoughts... Ok, much better...