Thought I'd seen it all

John Miller

Guest
Nice day so I went out for a couple of hours. Going along a local country A
road, I saw a Christmas tree coming towards me. Guy was carrying a large
real tree in a pot on a platform in front of his tractor. This tree was big
enough to completely obscure his cab and as I passed, he was peering left
and right obviously looking to the side and presumably through the gaps in
the branches (it didn't have any decorations on it!) This is not a really
busy road, but it does carry lorry traffic from a local quarry plus the
usual assortment of farmers, etc.

To complete the amusement, about 6 miles further on, as I was going along a
lane, a Honda 4x4 coming towards me stopped in the road just ahead of me and
started to flash its lights and blow its horn. Initially, I wondered what
I'd done wrong but then spotted the hen pheasant that was standing in the
road apparently unconcerned with all the commotion. It did move pretty
sharpish when I went by, but otherwise I suspect the 2 women in the car
would have sat there all day. Cheered me up no end.

John Miller

PS My Ribble Cycles order arrived this morning!

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 00:43:18 -0000, "John Miller"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Nice day so I went out for a couple of hours. Going along a local country A
>road, I saw a Christmas tree coming towards me.

You been on the 'juice' ??