Thought I'd seen it all

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by John Miller, Dec 20, 2004.

  1. John Miller

    John Miller Guest

    Nice day so I went out for a couple of hours. Going along a local country A
    road, I saw a Christmas tree coming towards me. Guy was carrying a large
    real tree in a pot on a platform in front of his tractor. This tree was big
    enough to completely obscure his cab and as I passed, he was peering left
    and right obviously looking to the side and presumably through the gaps in
    the branches (it didn't have any decorations on it!) This is not a really
    busy road, but it does carry lorry traffic from a local quarry plus the
    usual assortment of farmers, etc.

    To complete the amusement, about 6 miles further on, as I was going along a
    lane, a Honda 4x4 coming towards me stopped in the road just ahead of me and
    started to flash its lights and blow its horn. Initially, I wondered what
    I'd done wrong but then spotted the hen pheasant that was standing in the
    road apparently unconcerned with all the commotion. It did move pretty
    sharpish when I went by, but otherwise I suspect the 2 women in the car
    would have sat there all day. Cheered me up no end.

    John Miller

    PS My Ribble Cycles order arrived this morning!

    Tags:

  2. Jack Ouzzi

    Jack Ouzzi Guest

    On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 00:43:18 -0000, "John Miller"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Nice day so I went out for a couple of hours. Going along a local country A
    >road, I saw a Christmas tree coming towards me.

    You been on the 'juice' ??