Would you be interested in this product? Keep in mind this product is not marketed to pro's

• Interested

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Not Interested

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I do not bike

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Audrey Duke

Mar 21, 2017
I am working on developing a new product for an engineering design class and would like some feedback on my idea. After this class I plan to take the product and develop a start-up company. Currently I am working on a schematic, but the product would have a similar look to it as the TWEEL industrial tires by Michelin, except it would be changed to be optimal for a cycling tire. Thoughts, comments and suggestions are appreciated. Below is a product description:

"The proposed product is a non-pneumatic bicycle tire that utilizes an inter-webbing of polymer to create a spider web shaped shell. This shell eliminates the need for tubes with air in them. The product is light weight and durable. Also, the grid of polymers features three separate layers which will be more resistant to tears than the average tire and will mold around bumps and obstacles in the road or pathway while cycling. The tire will utilize different grades of styrene-butadiene rubber, the strongest layer being in the middle of the tire. Since there will not be any air in the tires, the problem of flat tires and replacing them will be completely eliminated. Also, cyclists will not need to monitor and check air pressure in the tires before each ride. These tires will be marketed to commuters, children and enjoyments riders, not professionals or those who race. Although there are current competitors on the market, the design of this product utilizes a completely unique design."