Thoughts on Kloden... ? The nearly man ?

yeah hes a great rider to watch. He'll just keep attacking till hes got nothing left. I didnt agree with his tactics of attacking jan's group and then having kloden ride jan back up to him.
eek.gif
Still it made it entertaining.

beached whale said:
yeah hes a great rider to watch. He'll just keep attacking till hes got nothing left. I didnt agree with his tactics of attacking jan's group and then having kloden ride jan back up to him.
eek.gif
Still it made it entertaining.

There is an underlying story to that, but that is another story. Vino does have a certain something that sets him apart as a rider.
Watch out for Kessler in the future. He is strong!

jhuskey said:
There is an underlying story to that, but that is another story.
Well, tell us that story. I'm sure everyone here would like to know. Don't tease us.

Andrija said:
Well, tell us that story. I'm sure everyone here would like to know. Don't tease us.

Do you mind if I PM it to you? I posted about Phonak bowing out two years ago and no one noticed,I posted about Landis and the questionable handling of the evidence in August and no one responded.
Besides it is not an earth shaking story about Vino and Jan just misunderstaning and ego or maybe just opportunity.

jhuskey said:
Do you mind if I PM it to you? I posted about Phonak bowing out two years ago and no one noticed,I posted about Landis and the questionable handling of the evidence in August and no one responded.
Besides it is not an earth shaking story about Vino and Jan just misunderstaning and ego or maybe just opportunity.
The story that T-mobile gave publicly was that they wanted to get Lance to react. Vino attacked. Lance just sat on Jan. Not surprising as Vino had already lost too much time to be a real threat to Lance. So, switch to plan B. Ullrich and Kloden try riding hard tempo to hurt Lance. Obviously neither plan worked.

Makes sense to me!

It would make sense except Kloden and Jan reacted and chased Vino down but that is different story than what I was told.
As you say it doesn't matter as the results were unchanged.

bobke said:
My thoughts on Kloden?

The same thoughts I had about Vino and Kashekin at last year's Vuelta.
They are back on the biggest and baddest gear they can find, Fuentes or no Fuentes, and they are gonna hand everyone's a## to them in every freekin race this year.

Bobke's world: everyone dopes but St. Lance.

wicklow200 said:
And yes Disco gifted him those two stage wins that year, before someone asks
How can Disco "gift" him a win on the Champs when every sprinter or wannabe sprinter has their team take up the chase in those last laps?

How did Disco convince Santiago Botero to let him win the other stage?

That is a very stupid comment.

patch70 said:
How can Disco "gift" him a win on the Champs when every sprinter or wannabe sprinter has their team take up the chase in those last laps?

How did Disco convince Santiago Botero to let him win the other stage?

That is a very stupid comment.
Simple. If they thought he was a contender, would they have let him get away? Open your eyes mate.

wicklow200 said:
Simple. If they thought he was a contender, would they have let him get away? Open your eyes mate.
That is very different to "gifting" him a stage. Have you ever raced?

They did not chase him and Botero. But that does not stop Botero winning the stage. That also doesn't stop any other team taking up the chase and trying to win the stage. Thus all Disco did was allow him to be in a successful breakaway.

They had nothing to do with chasing or not chasing him on the Champs. That was up to the sprinters teams and the French teams so desperate to win that final stage. Thus nobody gifted him that stage either.

"Gifting" a stage is like what happened with Popovych last year when DSC paid Rabobank to let him win. Or Tyler Hamilton being allowed to ride off alone with his broken collarbone. Or Lance & Basso working together up a climb and Lance letting Basso take the win. That is a different kettle of fish!

patch70 said:
"Gifting" a stage is like what happened with Popovych last year when DSC paid Rabobank to let him win. Or Tyler Hamilton being allowed to ride off alone with his broken collarbone. Or Lance & Basso working together up a climb and Lance letting Basso take the win. That is a different kettle of fish!
And the next day in the mountains, when Basso let Lance win.

Jan the man said:
I think Kloden has phenomenal natural talent and is made for the GT's. That said I don't think he is a born leader so may perform better as a super domestique rather than a sole team leader.

not only that, but to me it seems that he would rather be a super domestique than a leader.