thoughts on Surly Cross-Check

polysynthetic

Aug 19, 2013
i was told this bike offers a good mix of touring ability and speed. thoughts?

http://surlybikes.com/bikes/cross_check

Yep, cyclocross bikes are about the most versatile bikes out there. Slap road tires on them and ride fast or do all day rides like century rides, slap knobbies on them and ride trails as long as they're not crazy technical or too steep for the gearing, slap fenders on them and heavy tires and commute in any weather, race cyclocross on them if you'd like or just bounce around town on them. Very hard to find another bike style that's as flexible for so many uses.

And yes, Surly makes very nice cross bikes that are tough as nails and well built including the cross check you linked.

Nice bike,

-Dave

thanks for that Dave.

im looking for something rugged, fast and lighter than my current Norco mountain bike (great bike - but not aerodynamic and relatively heavy). someone recommended i go for the Surly x-check because I want to be able to ride around town faster but also have something better than my Norco for long-distance rides which i regularly do

what is the price range for surly x-check?

A frame is around $480, and prices for complete bike run up to about $1300.

Wow!!!! That's great and good condition . Please send all detail about your bike price and also post your contact because i am much interested in it . ........................... paradise42